Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
that would be so completely ridiculous to buy a 70mil euro player out of spite.
If you put it like that then I agree with you. PSG were looking for a similar midfielder. They were linked with Allan, but that deal fell off. They know SMS was our target for a while, after they failed to get De Ligt, they rushed to get SMS.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Any news regarding our club? It’s been a bit quiet these last couple of days. Anyone reliable enough posting about De Ligt or Rabiot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Classic Leonardo always raiding Serie A for PSG
All he cares about is the Qatari money, he knows their so called “project” is destined to fail. They’ve been raiding other leagues for 9 years, for what? Ligue 1 and coupe de France titles. Even the eredivisie is a better league.

Jul 10, 2018
Im sorry to disappoint you. Juve cannot afford to get Pogba and De Ligt in one summer. We get De Ligt and Rabiot best case scenario. Unless, unless Manure values Dybala around 130m then we could do something about it, but I dont see that happening either.
You don't disappoint me at all. How the hell do you know if Juventus is capable of signing both Pogba and De Ligt? Why would they not? Do you have Juventus and Agnellis budget and thoughts in front of you?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You don't disappoint me at all. How the hell do you know if Juventus is capable of signing both Pogba and De Ligt? Why would they not? Do you have Juventus and Agnellis budget and thoughts in front of you?
We probably dont want to continue in our trend of substantial losses

- - - Updated - - -

If we were planning to get Pogba or SMS, we wouldn't have got both Ramsey and Rabiot (assuming). Even though they're freebies, they're on massive wages and probably weren't brought to sit on the bench

Last edited:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I know Juventus' budget because they are obliged to publish every year their financial report. Agnelli could be a billionaire but he cant use his cash to purchase players it doesn't work like that.

Mar 3, 2014
Juventus can afford both as long as there are sufficient sales.
1) ffp has several add backs - taxes, write-offs, non-player depreciation, youth expense, woman’s team expense, non sporting expense.... According to the FFP definition, they haven’t reported a loss in any of the last 3 seasons.
2) other than that, a short term accounting loss doesn’t really matter. The main concern is cash flow and Juventus just raised 175M Eur in a bond. Cash flow isn’t a concern and money is cheap right now.
3) the top line is growing - match day sales, commercial are all increasing - and this would have accelerated with Ronaldo.
4) if they sell Costa, Cancelo - De Ligt and Pogba could probably done if they lose the salary of Matuidi and Khedira.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Juventus can afford both as long as there are sufficient sales.
1) ffp has several add backs - taxes, write-offs, non-player depreciation, youth expense, woman’s team expense, non sporting expense.... According to the FFP definition, they haven’t reported a loss in any of the last 3 seasons.
2) other than that, a short term accounting loss doesn’t really matter. The main concern is cash flow and Juventus just raised 175M Eur in a bond. Cash flow isn’t a concern and money is cheap right now.
3) the top line is growing - match day sales, commercial are all increasing - and this would have accelerated with Ronaldo.
4) if they sell Costa, Cancelo - De Ligt and Pogba could probably done if they lose the salary of Matuidi and Khedira.

I never thought those exempt costs are significant. Have you done any calculation showing that we have not been in red for FFP?
Also it's true that the revenue is growing, but so are the costs. Increase in merchandise sales, stadium revenue and shirt deal might only account for Ronaldo's massive Salary. Do you think it'll grow enough to sustain paying these crazy salaries to likes of Pogba and De Ligt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)