Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
they won Coppa and qualified for EL = goals achieved. who else was losing key players other than Roma & Napoli this year, in the last 3 seasons while Inzaghi was there? Milan and inter are both improving each year, Napoli kept the same team with the exception of losing Jorginho and Hamsik this summer, and Roma as well until they lost Strootman and Nainggolan.

depth - napoli crashed out of all cups early each season, focusing on the league only. plus they easily have better depth than Lazio, no idea why you bring them up.

your example is wrong. there are 2 arguable failures in Inzaghis tenure there. one is, losing to Salzburg in the EL QF. the other, finishing 8th this season, with the asterisk that they already qualified for EL through Coppa, so the Serie A became irrelevant for them after that (otherwise theyd have taken the Bologna game more seriously and closed in on 6th placed Roma i believe). other than that, two 5th place finishes, 2 Coppa finals (one won) and one SF, one Supercoppa victory and 2 EL ko round appereances, has been a very successful 3 seasons with a coach that just started coaching. your argument is wrong
Ok Im wrong you are right - Inzaghi not qualifying for CL makes him WC and we should all bow down to him and hope he accepts us being his followers.

Qualifying for CL = Great
Not qualifying for CL = Normal
No terrible indication..

Based on that make your own conclusions..

- - - Updated - - -

Then it should be 5th - 7th. You can't just widen the margin at one end.

CL place for Lazio would be a big achievement.
Its not relevant to the discussion but I accept your opinion and Yeah CL is a big achievement! This is why I said Lazio didnt do anything remarkable..

- - - Updated - - -

Back to summer mercato issue - Is there any news?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So how do you want to call him?! Mr I lost the CL spot on the last day?!
Everything Lazio gain below 4th spot is either doing exactly what expected from you or doing worse than expected..

Sarri didnt lose the scudetto as the scudetto was never in doubt - I didnt think for one second Napoli would win it.. and let me tell you this - We will win again next season Pep Mourinho Inzaghi No Coach.. doesnt matter...

If you want to call people names then Inzaghi is Mr cant get his team to CL
Sarri - Mr. I do the best I can but play in a predictable way which people like
Mourinho - I was a special coach and now Im just a special case..
Guardiola - I`ll take every possession possible and sometime use too many passes
When did Lazio last play CL football? You're so biased it's hard to tell if you're serious or trolling...

Inzaghi looks like he has potential. He might fail in the end or he might accomplish beauutiful things. But that's the sort of manager we've been hiring throughout our history. We might change that, sure, but don't act like Inzaghi would be a failure appointment.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
When did Lazio last play CL football? You're so biased it's hard to tell if you're serious or trolling...

Inzaghi looks like he has potential. He might fail in the end or he might accomplish beauutiful things. But that's the sort of manager we've been hiring throughout our history. We might change that, sure, but don't act like Inzaghi would be a failure appointment.
They qualified with Pioli the year before Inzaghi took over:D
They finished 3rd in 2014-15, but lost in the playoff to Bayer Leverkusen.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Biased?! Do you know what biased means?!
an example to biased is if I say Juve are the strongest club in the world as I am a Juve fan it has less weight as I might say differently if I cheer for another team
Another example to biased is about Icardi - I dont rate him as much as you guys although he is without a doubt a very good finisher - You can say Im biased about this as well.
Inzaghi?! Why should I be biased for or against him?!
He is opened to the idea of attacking football which is a good thing yet he hasnt really achieved anything as a coach didnt he?! Its true he is not exactly 20 years in the business but it doesnt change the fact he achieved nothing..
I understand Lazio isnt exactly the mighty Juve so I dont expect Lazio to finish first or second - I do expect them to be in the top 6 or 7 and if they get it then they achieved their regular thing if they finish below it should call a bad season while if they get 4th place it should be called a great season.
5th place 5th place and now 8th it is ok + ok + not so great (Yeah I know they won the coppa) so lets settle for another ok..
Is ok the type of manager you want us to get?!
Look Im not saying Inzaghi is terrible or that he has no potential.. Im saying that right now he hasnt justified a Juventus move!

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Juventus returns to Milinkovic-Savic (Di Marzio)

Agreement with the player.
Lazio would have opened for sale.
Now we are going to negotiate with Lotito, perhaps entering counterparts.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Biased?! Do you know what biased means?!
an example to biased is if I say Juve are the strongest club in the world as I am a Juve fan it has less weight as I might say differently if I cheer for another team
Another example to biased is about Icardi - I dont rate him as much as you guys although he is without a doubt a very good finisher - You can say Im biased about this as well.
Inzaghi?! Why should I be biased for or against him?!
He is opened to the idea of attacking football which is a good thing yet he hasnt really achieved anything as a coach didnt he?! Its true he is not exactly 20 years in the business but it doesnt change the fact he achieved nothing..
I understand Lazio isnt exactly the mighty Juve so I dont expect Lazio to finish first or second - I do expect them to be in the top 6 or 7 and if they get it then they achieved their regular thing if they finish below it should call a bad season while if they get 4th place it should be called a great season.
5th place 5th place and now 8th it is ok + ok + not so great (Yeah I know they won the coppa) so lets settle for another ok..
Is ok the type of manager you want us to get?!
Look Im not saying Inzaghi is terrible or that he has no potential.. Im saying that right now he hasnt justified a Juventus move!
Inzaghi has never disappointed. He has very little experience yet made it to multiple Coppa finals, 3 consecutive EL qualifications and an actual Coppa win. Wtf do you expect from a Lazio coach? He easily ticked off all the targets.

So yes, biased. Very much biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)