Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (123 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pjanic doesn't play well in a 3 man midfield so keep him if we move to a 5 or sell him for a b2b. If we play 5 then two slots are for wing backs, two b2b with Pjanic there. If Pjanic goes we can play Can as defensive type who also can break up play and burst forward with Ramsey/Berna and a Pogba type. Up front you have two strikers who should receive the ball close to the box where Dybala and Ronaldo will be at their best. For me that's more appealing than having Pjanic there because he slows the game down too much. This of course depends on the manager, Sarri would need 3 dynamic mids while Inzaghi would only need one Pogba type.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Why I said When fit. But I still think the odds are bigger Ramsey plays 35+ games for us than Guardiola coaching us next season.
Well Ramsey is with us Pep isnt and every rumor we had up to now has been pretty unfounded... I basically say that our coach could actually be anyone.
Knowing how our management work and their ambition - We can rule out some of the rumored managers such as Mourinho and if possible I think our board will do everything to get Pep as he is exactly fits the profile.
Juve are working on global marketing now so Pep makes a lot of sense in this manner.
Sarri - Despite me and some of you "not exactly over the moon over him signing for Juve" would also make sense as he plays the so called "beautiful football" but compares to Pep the marketability is very low..
Should all of this happens in 2020 I`d say Im certain of Pep but right now its too tough to tell..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Well Ramsey is with us Pep isnt and every rumor we had up to now has been pretty unfounded... I basically say that our coach could actually be anyone.
Knowing how our management work and their ambition - We can rule out some of the rumored managers such as Mourinho and if possible I think our board will do everything to get Pep as he is exactly fits the profile.
Juve are working on global marketing now so Pep makes a lot of sense in this manner.
Sarri - Despite me and some of you "not exactly over the moon over him signing for Juve" would also make sense as he plays the so called "beautiful football" but compares to Pep the marketability is very low..
Should all of this happens in 2020 I`d say Im certain of Pep but right now its too tough to tell..
Sarri makes zero sense apart from the useless "beautiful football" label. He put up his middle finger at our fans, shat all over us in interviews, is a pussy any way you look at it and he has no respect for any rules...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Bring in Rabiot and sell khedira and matuidi. Keep Pjanic and with can, ramsey and bentancur you have a good midfield group. Effectievly 5 players for 3 positions. The mix offers versaility also.

As for the DM role...give it to Can and let him make it his own.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Bring in Rabiot and sell khedira and matuidi. Keep Pjanic and with can, ramsey and bentancur you have a good midfield group. Effectievly 5 players for 3 positions. The mix offers versaility also.

As for the DM role...give it to Can and let him make it his own.
I am pretty sure we will sell Pjanic and get Pogba.. It seems to me like Pjanic`s time in here is over. I really dont think he will stay.
If we do keep Pjanic and get only Rabiot it wouldnt be sufficient as we would need at least Ndombele to be considered seriously..

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri makes zero sense apart from the useless "beautiful football" label. He put up his middle finger at our fans, shat all over us in interviews, is a pussy any way you look at it and he has no respect for any rules...
Are you trying to convince me Sarri is the right man?!

Seriously now - All that middle finger and crap is part of the rivalry and that is why Sarri is considered by our board (at least that what reports say..)
Mourinho - He did much more than that and he is probably the most controversial coach in the history of football but he would be taken as an option as well if he fits the bill the way our board see it.

Anyway lets hope none of them will coach us next year and please no to 8th place Inzaghi as well
Pochettino Klopp Pep - Give me one of these coaches..

Jul 13, 2010
He's just funny little old man. Who would smoke during games. Discipline is not Juve-style, I'm not sure why is he even considered

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I am pretty sure we will sell Pjanic and get Pogba.. It seems to me like Pjanic`s time in here is over. I really dont think he will stay.
If we do keep Pjanic and get only Rabiot it wouldnt be sufficient as we would need at least Ndombele to be considered seriously..

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to convince me Sarri is the right man?!

Seriously now - All that middle finger and crap is part of the rivalry and that is why Sarri is considered by our board (at least that what reports say..)
Mourinho - He did much more than that and he is probably the most controversial coach in the history of football but he would be taken as an option as well if he fits the bill the way our board see it.

Anyway lets hope none of them will coach us next year and please no to 8th place Inzaghi as well
Pochettino Klopp Pep - Give me one of these coaches..
Not at all. What I'm trying to say is those two (Mou or Sarri) are probably not being considered by our board at all.

Reports go one way on day 1 and the opposite way on day 2. They know jack shit at this point.

If you're thinking about Klopp, you must be daydreaming. I might give Poch or Guardiola a chance even 'though it's a long shot.

And btw; Calling Inzaghi 8th place must mean you have a very short memory span or an extreme bias. Then let's call Sarri Mr. loses a scudetto in the hotel and Guardiola Mr. Can't progress past the QF in the CL.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Not at all. What I'm trying to say is those two (Mou or Sarri) are probably not being considered by our board at all.

Reports go one way on day 1 and the opposite way on day 2. They know jack shit at this point.

If you're thinking about Klopp, you must be daydreaming. I might give Poch or Guardiola a chance even 'though it's a long shot.

And btw; Calling Inzaghi 8th place must mean you have a very short memory span or an extreme bias. Then let's call Sarri Mr. loses a scudetto in the hotel and Guardiola Mr. Can't progress past the QF in the CL.
So how do you want to call him?! Mr I lost the CL spot on the last day?!
Everything Lazio gain below 4th spot is either doing exactly what expected from you or doing worse than expected..

Sarri didnt lose the scudetto as the scudetto was never in doubt - I didnt think for one second Napoli would win it.. and let me tell you this - We will win again next season Pep Mourinho Inzaghi No Coach.. doesnt matter...

If you want to call people names then Inzaghi is Mr cant get his team to CL
Sarri - Mr. I do the best I can but play in a predictable way which people like
Mourinho - I was a special coach and now Im just a special case..
Guardiola - I`ll take every possession possible and sometime use too many passes

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So how do you want to call him?! Mr I lost the CL spot on the last day?!
Everything Lazio gain below 4th spot is either doing exactly what expected from you or doing worse than expected..

Sarri didnt lose the scudetto as the scudetto was never in doubt - I didnt think for one second Napoli would win it.. and let me tell you this - We will win again next season Pep Mourinho Inzaghi No Coach.. doesnt matter...

If you want to call people names then Inzaghi is Mr cant get his team to CL
Sarri - Mr. I do the best I can but play in a predictable way which people like
Mourinho - I was a special coach and now Im just a special case..
Guardiola - I`ll take every possession possible and sometime use too many passes
How is finishing bellow 4th doing worse than expected for Lazio? Juventus, Napoli, Roma, inter, Milan are all both richer and better teams. They should finish 6th with what they have, yet they managed to get two 5th places in a row under Inzaghi. Yes they bottled CL qualification last season, but that was to a bigger/better team. In that case Sarri also bottled the scudetto in 2016 and Favre bottled the BL this season. Lazio keeps losing their best players (who arent even that special to begin with), Biglia, Keita, Anderson, de Vrij etc, yet the results remain constant. Two 5th places, 2 trophies, 2 EL knock out appereances, all in 3 seasons of Inzaghi, a coach that started his coaching career "yesterday". But sure, lets call him Mr 8th place when the league table became irrelevant for them after winning Coppa (already in EL, cant qualify for CL)

james95

Sep 2, 2018
How is that stepping sideways?one Pogba worth at least 2 Pjanics on the pitch and off.

Finding a replacement for Pjanic is much easier than Pogba. You won't turn down the opportunity of having Pogba again in our side.
Pogba is better than Pjanic no doubt but his recent attitude at United kinda rubbed me the wrong way which evened it out more. Maybe back here he would be different.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How is that stepping sideways?one Pogba worth at least 2 Pjanics on the pitch and off.

Finding a replacement for Pjanic is much easier than Pogba. You won't turn down the opportunity of having Pogba again in our side.
Because we need 3 WC mids, not one. So selling one to buy one brings you nowhere when the other 2 are Emre and Ramsey

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
How is finishing bellow 4th doing worse than expected for Lazio? Juventus, Napoli, Roma, inter, Milan are all both richer and better teams. They should finish 6th with what they have, yet they managed to get two 5th places in a row under Inzaghi. Yes they bottled CL qualification last season, but that was to a bigger/better team. In that case Sarri also bottled the scudetto in 2016 and Favre bottled the BL this season. Lazio keeps losing their best players (who arent even that special to begin with), Biglia, Keita, Anderson, de Vrij etc, yet the results remain constant. Two 5th places, 2 trophies, 2 EL knock out appereances, all in 3 seasons of Inzaghi, a coach that started his coaching career "yesterday". But sure, lets call him Mr 8th place when the league table became irrelevant for them after winning Coppa (already in EL, cant qualify for CL)
So you take two words out of the whole thing and convince yourself the arguement is valid?!
I said equal or worse..
Let me help you with this:
5th-6th place = Doing exactly what expected from Lazio
7th and below = Doing worse than expected from Lazio
4th or above = Great Job

According to what I wrote here (all of it not just one word) Lazio finished twice on 5th place which means he did what was expected from Lazio twice and then he failed with that 8th place..
So what we have here is ok + ok + terrible - How is this qualify for being a good coach exactly I dont know but I guess you can pick two words out of this and make it look like Inzaghi hands Pep his leftovers..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
So you take two words out of the whole thing and convince yourself the arguement is valid?!
I said equal or worse..
Let me help you with this:
5th-6th place = Doing exactly what expected from Lazio
7th and below = Doing worse than expected from Lazio
4th or above = Great Job

According to what I wrote here (all of it not just one word) Lazio finished twice on 5th place which means he did what was expected from Lazio twice and then he failed with that 8th place..
So what we have here is ok + ok + terrible - How is this qualify for being a good coach exactly I dont know but I guess you can pick two words out of this and make it look like Inzaghi hands Pep his leftovers..
He finished one place above what was expected so youre wrong. Going into each season, there are 5 clubs that are expected to finish above them, so finishing 6th (not 5th) is the norm

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He finished one place above what was expected so youre wrong. Going into each season, there are 5 clubs that are expected to finish above them, so finishing 6th (not 5th) is the norm
You cant write it without expecting a little space for error this is why I wrote 5th 6th - Juve are guaranteed to finish above Lazio and the same can be said about Napoli but the others arent exactly a guarantee and every season you have at least one of them flopping hard - This year it is Roma who flopped hard, last year it was Milan and this is the case every year.
Lazio didnt have an extraordinary year not 2 years ago not last year and definitely not this year.. They finished exactly where they were expected and this year they blew it a bit - but.. it doesnt mean he is a bad coach as its only one time..

P.S Napoli are expected to finish 2nd or 3rd as you can never know if Roma or Inter get a good season..
Sarri got Napoli to 2nd place which isnt that amazing but the way he got them to 2nd point is indeed impressive (I dont want Sarri but I am saying he is a better choice than Inzaghi)

Meanwhile we have Deschamps ruling out his candidacy..

What are we fighting for - We are getting Pep and he is better than Inzaghi and Sarri..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You cant write it without expecting a little space for error this is why I wrote 5th 6th - Juve are guaranteed to finish above Lazio and the same can be said about Napoli but the others arent exactly a guarantee and every season you have at least one of them flopping hard - This year it is Roma who flopped hard, last year it was Milan and this is the case every year.
Lazio didnt have an extraordinary year not 2 years ago not last year and definitely not this year.. They finished exactly where they were expected and this year they blew it a bit - but.. it doesnt mean he is a bad coach as its only one time..

P.S Napoli are expected to finish 2nd or 3rd as you can never know if Roma or Inter get a good season..
Sarri got Napoli to 2nd place which isnt that amazing but the way he got them to 2nd point is indeed impressive (I dont want Sarri but I am saying he is a better choice than Inzaghi)

What are we fighting for - We are getting Pep and he is better than Inzaghi and Sarri..
again, they didnt finish exactly where they were expected. if you say 7th place is bellow expectations, how can you claim 5th place is where they should be?

-they lose key players each year
-they play on 3 fronts each year with no depth
-they overachieve each year

so what is the one constant in each of those 3 years? Inzaghi, the rookie coach

Jun 6, 2015

Then it should be 5th - 7th. You can't just widen the margin at one end.

CL place for Lazio would be a big achievement.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
again, they didnt finish exactly where they were expected. if you say 7th place is bellow expectations, how can you claim 5th place is where they should be?

-they lose key players each year
-they play on 3 fronts each year with no depth
-they overachieve each year

so what is the one constant in each of those 3 years? Inzaghi, the rookie coach
I cant believe I still argue after explaining it margin of error...
They lose key player - Others do as well
Napoli who are the 2nd best this year and the year before isnt exactly full of depth..
I just put an example to show they actually dont..

You know what just for the sake of the argument I accept 7th place is also ok - They are 8th not 7th so is it ok to consider it as a bad campaign?!

Inzaghi is not a bad coach - He is just inexperienced and is also not a great one..

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I cant believe I still argue after explaining it margin of error...
They lose key player - Others do as well
Napoli who are the 2nd best this year and the year before isnt exactly full of depth..
I just put an example to show they actually dont..

You know what just for the sake of the argument I accept 7th place is also ok - They are 8th not 7th so is it ok to consider it as a bad campaign?!

Inzaghi is not a bad coach - He is just inexperienced and is also not a great one..
they won Coppa and qualified for EL = goals achieved. who else was losing key players other than Roma & Napoli this year, in the last 3 seasons while Inzaghi was there? Milan and inter are both improving each year, Napoli kept the same team with the exception of losing Jorginho and Hamsik this summer, and Roma as well until they lost Strootman and Nainggolan.

depth - napoli crashed out of all cups early each season, focusing on the league only. plus they easily have better depth than Lazio, no idea why you bring them up.

your example is wrong. there are 2 arguable failures in Inzaghis tenure there. one is, losing to Salzburg in the EL QF. the other, finishing 8th this season, with the asterisk that they already qualified for EL through Coppa, so the Serie A became irrelevant for them after that (otherwise theyd have taken the Bologna game more seriously and closed in on 6th placed Roma i believe). other than that, two 5th place finishes, 2 Coppa finals (one won) and one SF, one Supercoppa victory and 2 EL ko round appereances, has been a very successful 3 seasons with a coach that just started coaching. your argument is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)