Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I would welcome SMS here,

But something that I’m concerned about (and I’ve only now thought about this): SMS is kind of a slow player, so is Pjanic and so is Dybala. If all three feature regularly, we might have a rather slow team (compared to say Liverpool).

This is why I’m rather hesitant to sell Costa. Don’t get me wrong, he’s had a bad season and behaved like an idiot at times, but his speed/explosiveness is a weapon if used correctly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Never disappointed yet never achieved greatness
Little experience yet made it to Coppa finals ok this is a point for him
3 consecutive EL qualifications?! He is coaching Lazio not Frosinone - EL is expected for them - CL is special while not even EL is terrible
What do I expect of a Lazio coach - I dont expect anything I just state the obvious by saying Inzaghi is not a bad coach and he hasnt failed to do anything. That being said he hasnt achieved something magnificent either..
a point for and a point against can be related to other coaches as well..
Atalanta for example are considered not as strong as Lazio on paper yet they managed to get to a CL spot
Gasperini also did very well with Genoa before joining Inter.. I see him as a better fit than Inzaghi - I mean CL with Atalanta - Thats impressive!

Sarri managed to get to a 2nd place with Napoli getting amount of pts that usually win the scudetto yet you know why he didnt win it..
Sarri then moved to Chelsea and ended 3rd with both teams infront of him better than his club
Sarri reached the EL final and he`ll probably win it as well - This is more impressive than Inzaghi IMO
Actually if anyone is biased its you against Sarri - Im not saying I want him but I can say he has done at least as good as Inzaghi..

Mihajlovic - I hate him as a person and he is probably my all time most hated player YET I see him as a very good coach who always makes his teams better

As you can see Inzaghi is not the only one who has done a good job as the others probably have done at least as much as he did..
This is what I argue about - I never said Inzaghi is a bad coach - I said he hasnt done enough to justify Juve and if you compare him to other coaches and ask why Inzaghi and not Sarri Mihajlovic Ancelloti Conte - I honestly cant think of anything that would say thats why..
P.S I even like Inzaghi so not only Im not biased against him if any I could be for him (but its not the case either...)

- - - Updated - - -

I think this question is very easy to answer.. I like Pogba, probably like Bianconeri81 with Dybala but obviously Ndombele+SMS>Pogba...
Actually if you take all three and add Kante as well its probably my 4 most wanted list for Juve`s midfield.
FI say we should offer 90M to secure SMS so 90+70 its 160M
Higuain fetch us 15M (another loan)
Romero already paid by winter mercato
Perin might leave but we will get someone to replace him at the same cost (probably)
D.Costa is likely to leave so I can see Chiesa in

Dybala leaving might mean J.Felix in but right now they say EPL is all over him so dont expect much..
I stopped reading when you mentioned Gasperini as a better option than Inzaghi. Lol, just lol. The guy does a great job this season, does that erase all his failures beforehand or are you still not looking any further than 1 season. 'cause in that case only Poch or Klopp will do since we're looking to win the CL and every other coach has failed there.

Inzaghi, yeah nothing spectacular. He just made every Lazio happen for 3 years now. Guess what Juve has as a goal... The bias continues, I guess we'll better end it here.

Sarri is one huge failure, always has been and Chelsea wanting him out says enough. He couldn't even sub off his goalie when he wanted to... Pathetic stuff, yet you defend that fraud.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I stopped reading when you mentioned Gasperini as a better option than Inzaghi. Lol, just lol. The guy does a great job this season, does that erase all his failures beforehand or are you still not looking any further than 1 season. 'cause in that case only Poch or Klopp will do since we're looking to win the CL and every other coach has failed there.

Inzaghi, yeah nothing spectacular. He just made every Lazio happen for 3 years now. Guess what Juve has as a goal... The bias continues, I guess we'll better end it here.

Sarri is one huge failure, always has been and Chelsea wanting him out says enough. He couldn't even sub off his goalie when he wanted to... Pathetic stuff, yet you defend that fraud.
Made Lazio happen?! What does it means? You mean he made Lazio get their regular results?!
As for Gasperini are you joking?! Gasperini and all his failures?! His only failure was with Inter while he succeeded with both Atalanta and Genoa.
He did something Inzaghi didnt and this is a fact! Like it or not..
Chelsea wanting Sarri out says enough?! Seriously?! Chelsea are the last club we should consider competent of handling managers..
I speak of facts and you talk about your own interprepatation..

Fact Inzaghi finished 5th 5th and 8th
Fact Sarri finished 2nd with Napoli with amount of pts which are probably a 2nd place record..
Fact Sarri got Chelsea to EL final
Fact Gasperini took Atalanta to CL place

Now you can say whatever you want but you cannot change these facts..

Anyway it doesnt matter what we think as the board know football better than us and Im confident they`ll choose wisely

- - - Updated - - -

But something that I’m concerned about (and I’ve only now thought about this): SMS is kind of a slow player, so is Pjanic and so is Dybala. If all three feature regularly, we might have a rather slow team (compared to say Liverpool).

This is why I’m rather hesitant to sell Costa. Don’t get me wrong, he’s had a bad season and behaved like an idiot at times, but his speed/explosiveness is a weapon if used correctly.
SMS slow - Well he isnt really fast so I can understand what you are saying
Pjanic slow - Same as SMS
Dybala slow - When did that happen?! He isnt C.Ronaldo when it comes to speed but he definitely is not slow..

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Made Lazio happen?! What does it means? You mean he made Lazio get their regular results?!
As for Gasperini are you joking?! Gasperini and all his failures?! His only failure was with Inter while he succeeded with both Atalanta and Genoa.
He did something Inzaghi didnt and this is a fact! Like it or not..
Chelsea wanting Sarri out says enough?! Seriously?! Chelsea are the last club we should consider competent of handling managers..
I speak of facts and you talk about your own interprepatation..

Fact Inzaghi finished 5th 5th and 8th
Fact Sarri finished 2nd with Napoli with amount of pts which are probably a 2nd place record..
Fact Sarri got Chelsea to EL final
Fact Gasperini took Atalanta to CL place

Now you can say whatever you want but you cannot change these facts..

Anyway it doesnt matter what we think as the board know football better than us and Im confident they`ll choose wisely

- - - Updated - - -

SMS slow - Well he isnt really fast so I can understand what you are saying
Pjanic slow - Same as SMS
Dybala slow - When did that happen?! He isnt C.Ronaldo when it comes to speed but he definitely is not slow..
Again with the useless facts to fit your narrative. Inzagi has gotten al his set goals. Wtf do you expect...

And indeed, Sarri finished second with a team that targeted the scudetto. Nice failure.

As for Gasp, he failed when he got his chance and hasn't won a single trophy. Get over it. There's a reason no top club is considering him. Nice cameo this year but he had his chances.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Again with the useless facts to fit your narrative. Inzagi has gotten al his set goals. Wtf do you expect...

And indeed, Sarri finished second with a team that targeted the scudetto. Nice failure.

As for Gasp, he failed when he got his chance and hasn't won a single trophy. Get over it. There's a reason no top club is considering him. Nice cameo this year but he had his chances.
I think you summed up our argument pretty well - I say Inzaghi did ok overall but not great and you still argue saying the same things but calling them great and then you call me biased..
Then you take Sarri and say he failed because he couldnt do an impossible task in taking the scudetto from Juve and disregard with Napoli`s amount of pts collected
Then you go to Gasp who had 3 teams - In one he was highly rated because he made them play good football, in the second he failed with Inter and the third he made Atalanta who are not as good as Lazio for instance in terms of player strength get to a CL spot but he isnt more suited because Inzaghi has better hair or something..
The funny thing is that you call the facts useless when it is actually what matters...

Do me a favor and lets end it as it is - We will definitely not going to agree on this.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think you summed up our argument pretty well - I say Inzaghi did ok overall but not great and you still argue saying the same things but calling them great and then you call me biased..
Then you take Sarri and say he failed because he couldnt do an impossible task in taking the scudetto from Juve and disregard with Napoli`s amount of pts collected
Then you go to Gasp who had 3 teams - In one he was highly rated because he made them play good football, in the second he failed with Inter and the third he made Atalanta who are not as good as Lazio for instance in terms of player strength get to a CL spot but he isnt more suited because Inzaghi has better hair or something..
The funny thing is that you call the facts useless when it is actually what matters...

Do me a favor and lets end it as it is - We will definitely not going to agree on this.
Never missing a single target (the only thing that matter but you keep ignoring because it doesn't go down well with the other old dogs) would be what 99,9% of mankind classifies as great. The only thing to remember here is he didn't do it at a topclub and he has a very small sample size.

Jan 22, 2016

Best Midfielders in the world aren't fast.
Even our 2015 mid wasn't fast either.

We have pacey players on full backs and wings . that's enough dor any team. We won't get in trouble I'm sure.

RM won 3 back to back CL with only 2 or 3 fast players in the line up.
They showed Technique and creativity is much more important than pace.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Never missing a single target (the only thing that matter but you keep ignoring because it doesn't go down well with the other old dogs) would be what 99,9% of mankind classifies as great. The only thing to remember here is he didn't do it at a topclub and he has a very small sample size.
This will be the last thing Im going to say on this issue as Im getting tired of it..
Inzaghi never missed a target as he qualified for EL everytime which was according to you his target (Which is a very realistic target)
So.. Should we get Inzaghi and tell him to only win a scudetto?! I mean this way he will achieve his target again and again but this isnt what the board is looking for isnt it?!
Im sorry but if you want someone who is currently hasnt shown excellence then I guess we can go for Inzaghi as he would get us what we are used to.
If you want someone who can take us to the next level (which is why Allegri got fired - unless you suspect other reasons) then we should go for a high profile coach like Pochettino and Pep

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
This will be the last thing Im going to say on this issue as Im getting tired of it..
Inzaghi never missed a target as he qualified for EL everytime which was according to you his target (Which is a very realistic target)
So.. Should we get Inzaghi and tell him to only win a scudetto?! I mean this way he will achieve his target again and again but this isnt what the board is looking for isnt it?!
Im sorry but if you want someone who is currently hasnt shown excellence then I guess we can go for Inzaghi as he would get us what we are used to.
If you want someone who can take us to the next level (which is why Allegri got fired - unless you suspect other reasons) then we should go for a high profile coach like Pochettino and Pep
You mistakenly seem to read I'm saying Poch or Pep aren't better options.

But yes, we could definitely ask for more from Inzaghi and only then we would see if he'd truly is the inferior option. Just like nobody wanted Allegri at the time because shortsightedness comes cheap in football. Yet, they were all proven wrong.

I'm not all that enthusiastic about Pep's naive football 'though. He didn't make it paste QF of the CL for 6 years in a row now, with monster teams at his disposal. His signature style is the very best there is 'though and that's exactly what we're lacking.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Clearly better options than Inzaghi but still see pep klopp and pocch all being out of our reach.

We will revert to an Italian coach...conte has something to prove again at juve...the CL remains the holy grail for us. But somehow I don't see him bringing us that. Sarri is in that same boat although I think he will switch the creativity switch up 1000 notches. Inzaghi is a risk...but so was lippi back in the day and he proved to be one of our best ever manages.

The key is plugging the gaps in this team. If we don't address reinforcements in midfield we are in trouble. If we don't rejuvenate that central defense we are trouble. No manager will come in and improve this team the way it needs to unless we buy and sell right.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You mistakenly seem to read I'm saying Poch or Pep aren't better options.

But yes, we could definitely ask for more from Inzaghi and only then we would see if he'd truly is the inferior option. Just like nobody wanted Allegri at the time because shortsightedness comes cheap in football. Yet, they were all proven wrong.

I'm not all that enthusiastic about Pep's naive football 'though. He didn't make it paste QF of the CL for 6 years in a row now, with monster teams at his disposal. His signature style is the very best there is 'though and that's exactly what we're lacking.
Im not that enthusiastic about Pep`s style as well but this is exactly what we need..
Inzaghi yes until given a real chance its hard to really judge him..
Allegri - I absolutely agree and I admit to be one of those shortsighted people as I saw him winning with Milan and liked his Cagliari style but I thought his failure with Milan (not talking about the 2nd place) tells it all - and I admit I was wrong about him - Allegri is definitely a great coach!

I dont know who we get but I really hope the new manager`s way to play is to dominate - and by dominating I dont mean possession.. I mean controlling the game + attacking in the right way with effectiveness and I really hope our defense get much better than this season as our usual defense is at least twice as good as this season..

Anyway its nice not to argue for a second.

Lets end all the manager talk in here as it belongs to another thread and not summer mercato..

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Klopp, Pep and Poch are the obvious choices, with Poch the most attainable one out of those three. However, if we can't sign any one of those three we'll have to stick with the Italians.

I actually think outside Conte and Sarri that Di Francesco is one of the best Italian managers to choose from. First of all he's available, plays an attacking brand of football and overperformed with both Sassuolo and Roma, guiding Sass all the way to Europe from Serie B and guided Roma all the way to the CL semis. The current Roma team has been absolutely stripped to the bone, so no suprise neither Di Francesco or Ranieri could do anything about it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Agreed Neddy, Costa is a different type of player than our other attackers, and wouldnt mind keeping him an additional year for that extra dimension. I think Dybi should go regardless so no issue with the speed/quickness of our central part of the team

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
demiral from sassuolo could arrive for ~15m (gds)

positive side: great talent, was impressive for sassuolo, easily good enough to replace caceres
negative side: with romero secured, it would mean no "big" cb (i mean varane, koulibaly and the likes) purchase at all

i'd say go for it, we're not getting koulibaly anyway

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
demiral from sassuolo could arrive for ~15m (gds)

positive side: great talent, was impressive for sassuolo, easily good enough to replace caceres
negative side: with romero secured, it would mean no "big" cb (i mean varane, koulibaly and the likes) purchase at all

i'd say go for it, we're not getting koulibaly anyway
Agree, ignore everything else and just look at the player, it would be a very good signing. But we need that one 3rd WC CB besides Bonucci and Chiellini. Or this could mean Rugani gone? Id take that

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Agree, ignore everything else and just look at the player, it would be a very good signing. But we need that one 3rd WC CB besides Bonucci and Chiellini. Or this could mean Rugani gone? Id take that
#metoo

out: barza, caceres; in: romero, demiral would be fine

out: barza, caceres, rugani; in: romero, demiral, koulibaly would be 100% faptastic

that would be a complete cb package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)