Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thoughts on Bonucci
not against it but not for Caldara. if we sell Rugani to Chelsea for the 50M and then get Bonucci for 35-40M, on 4-5M wages, then thats fine

i dont think we are getting him btw. hes got ridiculous wages and wed be morons to give him that much, and hed be a moron if he took less.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Milan and Juventus have defined the basis of swapping Bonucci for Caldara, for days, but the operation hasn't been closed yet because Juventus intend on including Higuaín, who has become a sporting & economic problem for them upon CR7's arrival.(sky)

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
If we can't get rid of Higuain, we probably will have to get rid of either Pjanic or Alex Sandro. Our expenses have risen dramatically through fee's + CR's giant 60m salary.

And we have to deal with the fact that Higuain is going to be a burden until 2021, if we don't get rid of him immediately, before he won't play a lot. He won't start, he'll get older by a year, his value is going to decrease significantly within just a year and it's already not that high. A year from now, no club is going to offer him anything near what he earns now, increasing the odds that he will remain a burden for our balance sheet until 2021, by not accepting to leave. And the balance sheet ultimately decides whether a top-player like Dybala shall be kept or not, whether a top-player can be bought or not. Higuain as a possible burden is not insignificant.

Getting rid of Higuain is a gigantic priority and rightfully so.

It's painful, but it always was clear that someone good will have to go. I rather sacrifice Caldara to get rid of Higuain than to sell Pjanic.

This deal is not about sport, it's about economics and has to be seen through those lenses. Even if it isn't fun.

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
Why the fuck did we even buy him for 90m. We took an L the day we signed him tbh. I think higgy will have a monster season this year.. there's just so much going against him I think he will do great . For 50 or 60 I'd rather keep him considering how much we already lost

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Why the $#@! did we even buy him for 90m. We took an L the day we signed him tbh. I think higgy will have a monster season this year.. there's just so much going against him I think he will do great . For 50 or 60 I'd rather keep him considering how much we already lost
He’s a good player no doubt but where does he fit into a team that has D.Costa, Cuadrado, Berna, Dybala, Ronaldo & Mandzukic in the attacking lineup?
That’s a lot of wages for a player to sit on the bench

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Shipping Higuain, Rugani and Pjanic would be tremendous for the club. If we can get 150-200m as has been rumoured (probably not), then we should take it and run. Those players would add almost no value to the current team, and we could instead find a strong midfielder to finalize our amazing squad. Freaking keep Mandzukic for CF backup, he could still be useful as a tower for Costa, Cuadrado, Sandro and Cancelo to cross at.

Imagine getting rid of Khedira and Sturaro too.. Damn..

Midfield: New beast + Can + Matuidi + Bentancur + Marchisio + Mandragora

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Shipping Higuain, Rugani and Pjanic would be tremendous for the club. If we can get 150-200m as has been rumoured (probably not), then we should take it and run. Those players would add almost no value to the current team, and we could instead find a strong midfielder to finalize our amazing squad. Freaking keep Mandzukic for CF backup, he could still be useful as a tower for Costa, Cuadrado, Sandro and Cancelo to cross at.

Imagine getting rid of Khedira and Sturaro too.. Damn..

Midfield: New beast + Can + Matuidi + Bentancur + Marchisio + Mandragora
:seven:
@DAiDEViL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)