Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It's about your thinking he isn't important, not $.

There's a 25m diff between him and Benatia which isn't much (selling a couple of players will lower fee with recompra instead of loan with option can make up the diff). And Benatia's market value will only sink, and Rugani's can go up.

Selling Benatia is the better financial decision, not Rugani.

More importantly, he has future bandiera and future WC CB written all over him, and he's one of our own.

Also, don't be so sure we're really interested in selling him. SportItalia changed their mind three times (diff fee and done deal each time lol), and his agent categorically denied it. Will see. Hope doesn't happen, would be one of our rare poor transfers.

There's no doubt we're interested, but you're assuming he'll come running to us.

Maybe not that low, but unlikely unless CR7 made a diff.

Apparently, Godin and Simeone played a role in Griezmann's staying. They're close. Godin is Griezmann's kid's godfather. Would be weird for him to convince Griezmann to stay and then leave himself.

Problem for Atletico was they've a policy of giving 32+ yo players 1-yr extensions and Godin has been wanting a multiple year one.

Lets see how strong the CR7 pull is.
Makes sense as they are very close. When France played Uruguay the commentator said Griezmann is very close to the Uruguay national team and is like a fan of theirs.. He continued by joking that if he could choose he would have played for Uruguay (also they talked about some Uruguaian drink that Griezmann drinks even more than Godin)
Anyway it would be funny if they guy that convinced him to stay would eventually leave..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Well not a lot going on right now the world cup is over there's bits of old speculation flying about but not much else. I'm guessing it's selling time then maybe 1 more signing?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ok so we are linked with Godin Pogba Marcelo and Darmian - I dont think we will get anyone that is not on that list
Godin - If he accepts our offer (I heard he accepted us) and does has a clause he should be able to join and it will probably push one of Rugani/Benatia or even both out of the team (Might be both and we get De Ligt as well)
Pogba - Sounds like a longshot but IMO the recent Darmian link has something to do with Pogba as we might need to raise some funds in order to get him as well and Darmian will surely be cheaper than Marcelo...
Marcelo - CR7 will surely be happy to see him with us but I think the chance of this happening is very slim as the Darmian links suggest we want to save money on LB and A.Sandro might stay now that CR7 joined
Darmian - We were heavily linked with him so I did expect him to join us but now things have changed - It would depend on A.Sandro IMO..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Reports continue to circulate that Juventus have an agreement with Diego Godin, but Atletico Madrid won’t let him go for less than his €20m release clause.

It was reported last night that there was a basic agreement with the centre-back on a three-year contract, with Atleti offering the same terms to convince him to stay.

Now La Stampa is backing those reports, stating that Godin has agreed a contract worth €4m per season.

However, Atletico have made it clear that any suitor will have to pay the Uruguayan’s €20m release clause, despite the fact his contract expires in June.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If he comes I hope it would really to be replace Benatia, not Rugani.

With Barza probably retiring after this season, and Chiellini, Benatia and Godin all over 30, we will end up having to replace 4 defenders in a short period

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I watched some Ajax games, but to be honest, I was mostly focused on Neres, Kluivert and Dolberg. I guess he's highly rated for a reason. 18y old, regular for Ajax, already 7 caps for NT. Impressive stuff. And we allegedly already gave him a Vinovo tour.
I have zero issues with replacing Benatia with Godin. Godin is world-class. But, if we sell Rugani, Italian talent, home-grown player, we better get someone more talented (if Paratici and Beppe think so) than stacking oldies next to Caldara. And it kinda makes sense, really. We would get 20-25m for Benatia - Godin price is around 20. We'd get, what, 45m for Rugani? I guess de Ligt would go for that money.

Jul 10, 2018
I watched some Ajax games, but to be honest, I was mostly focused on Neres, Kluivert and Dolberg. I guess he's highly rated for a reason. 18y old, regular for Ajax, already 7 caps for NT. Impressive stuff. And we allegedly already gave him a Vinovo tour.
I have zero issues with replacing Benatia with Godin. Godin is world-class. But, if we sell Rugani, Italian talent, home-grown player, we better get someone more talented (if Paratici and Beppe think so) than stacking oldies next to Caldara. And it kinda makes sense, really. We would get 20-25m for Benatia - Godin price is around 20. We'd get, what, 45m for Rugani? I guess de Ligt would go for that money.
And what is Benatia if not world-class? I would even say he was the best defender in whole Juventus last year, dont even fight me on this one. He doesn't have legs that is flying around uncontrollable like Chiellini neither so, really stable.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Have you seen much from him?

It's crazy that he's 18 yo and has one aeason of Eredivisie and is valued almost as highly as Rugani is.

If we do that deal we must rate him as a once in a generation talent
I'm not a fanboy to start, but I watch Ajax games mostly to see De Ligt and De Jong play.

The valuations of both players are ridiculous, but De Ligt is the better player imo. It's true that he plays in the Eredivisie which is trash, however De Ligt plays every week, is the captain of the team, and has played well in the Europa League.

He possesses solid passing (long), has grid and isn't scared to do dirty work (unlike Rugani), positioning is good but can improve, good technique for a CB, great in build up play.

Yes, he made some big errors, but this last season he has been solid. He certainly doesn't look like someone who's only 18, he's a very mature player for his age.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
According to Transfermarkt we already spent 222M on incoming transfers but it includes D.Costa
We got 13.5M from sales so...
208M (rounded it)
Higuain 60M Rugani 50M Pjaca 20M Mandragora 20M Cerri 13M Sturaro 20M Kean 20M -> 203M
Net spent 5M
We usually spend 30M net so signing Pogba will mean we sell A.Sandro and get a cheap alternative unless... We do the loan with obligation thing like with D.Costa...
as for De Ligt - if we do the loan+obligation for Pogba (in case we are going after him) we could offer up to 30M I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)