Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It is quite simple. All you have to do is watch both of them play. Ronaldo is s monster goal scorer. One of the best that ever played.

Messi is s monster goal scorer. Besiddes that he is also the main creative force.

Messi is clearly the better player.
I personally also believe Messi is the best but it doesnt really matter doesnt it?!
C.Ronaldo has won wherever he played including with a nation that is probably inferior on paper...
Messi doesnt
On that basis you can say its quite simple C.Ronaldo is clearly the better player... Its that simple only its not..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
New tax laws certainly have impact too. Any player with income from abroad will prefer Italy over Spain and with Brexit, perhaps England too.
Yep true :)
Someone oj my fb feed mentioned this , it’s really important,specially for guys like CR7 , cause 70% of his revenues comes from ads outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Yep true :)
Someone oj my fb feed mentioned this , it’s really important,specially for guys like CR7 , cause 70% of his revenues comes from ads outside.

Why would Ronaldo ever pay domestical taxes of his personal revenue?

He is only paying italian tax on his Juventus salary, unless he from one day to the other grew a moral compass.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Why would Ronaldo ever pay domestical taxes of his personal revenue?

He is only paying italian tax on his Juventus salary, unless he from one day to the other grew a moral compass.
I’m sure he has to pay taxes for his revenues from ads !

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
It is quite simple. All you have to do is watch both of them play. Ronaldo is s monster goal scorer. One of the best that ever played.

Messi is s monster goal scorer. Besiddes that he is also the main creative force.

Ronaldo has clearly been the better player of the two in the past 3 or so years. The numbers and success on both club and national level are clearly in his favor. Messi hasn't won anything since Xavi left Barca, and has been a massive flop for Argentina. Ronaldo has won 3 CL in a row and an Euro cup with Portugal. I think Messi may be better overall for their careers but its very close and also I feel Messi needs the perfect system and players supporting him like Xavi and Iniesta to be at his best, Ronaldo is more adaptable to his team.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005

True. Maradonaesque. :tup:

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011

not very creative for Argentina is he now. Messi is a great system player, Barca builds their team around him, he doesn't seem to be very adaptable, can't play with Dybala, couldn't play with Tevez... Clearly two players that could have helped him win something for his national team. Messi will miss Iniesta a lot this year, as he's already been missing Xavi. They were the creative force at Barca that helped Messi excel.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Ronaldo has clearly been the better player of the two in the past 3 or so years. The numbers and success on both club and national level are clearly in his favor. Messi hasn't won anything since Xavi left Barca, and has been a massive flop for Argentina. Ronaldo has won 3 CL in a row and an Euro cup with Portugal. I think Messi may be better overall for their careers but its very close and also I feel Messi needs the perfect system and players supporting him like Xavi and Iniesta to be at his best, Ronaldo is more adaptable to his team.
Yup, their duel has swung from 1 to the other but in the last 2-3 years, Ronaldo has been more decisive in UCL for sure

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
not very creative for Argentina is he now. Messi is a great system player, Barca builds their team around him, he doesn't seem to be very adaptable, can't play with Dybala, couldn't play with Tevez... Clearly two players that could have helped him win something for his national team. Messi will miss Iniesta a lot this year, as he's already been missing Xavi. They were the creative force at Barca that helped Messi excel.
Ronaldo has more assists than Messi in the CL. Ronaldo has more assists than Messi in the CL, when looking at knock out games alone. Ronaldo shits on him in terms of CL goals and Ronaldo double shits on him in terms of CL knock out stage goals. Ronaldo won an Euro (Euro>Copa America easily) with Portugal, who is what, 7th/8th best team in Europe? if even that. Messi failed to win with what was the best team in South America for years. its no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)