Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juventus are back in the race to sign Golovin, according to tuttomercatoweb
I dont know if Im happy about it as it probably means no Pogba
Golovin would be a bench player trying to prove himself good enough to be a rotation system player and then if he proves himself he will be a starter (also not guaranteed)..
Pogba will become our best midfielder and will strengthen us for sure (and please dont tell me Pjanic because I remember how Pogba played while playing for Juventus)

- - - Updated - - -

Can people pls take the Messi-Ronaldo BS to another thread ?
I want to read transfer rumours
Agree, I might got involved with it but you are absolutely right - Its not Ronaldo vs Messi - Messi has no place in this thread..

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I dont know if Im happy about it as it probably means no Pogba
Golovin would be a bench player trying to prove himself good enough to be a rotation system player and then if he proves himself he will be a starter (also not guaranteed)..
Pogba will become our best midfielder and will strengthen us for sure (and please dont tell me Pjanic because I remember how Pogba played while playing for Juventus)
let me tell you a little secret. we never stood a chance in signing Pogba. now go be happy about the Golovin rumors

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
not very creative for Argentina is he now. Messi is a great system player, Barca builds their team around him, he doesn't seem to be very adaptable, can't play with Dybala, couldn't play with Tevez... Clearly two players that could have helped him win something for his national team. Messi will miss Iniesta a lot this year, as he's already been missing Xavi. They were the creative force at Barca that helped Messi excel.
Creative force? Messi has 30% of all assists at Barca since he started playing in first 11.Has more of them than Xavi and Iniesta combined.Today he plays midfield role and striker at the same time.
Last season he had most assists and goals in La Liga.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Sign Golovin, keep every big player with the exception of Higuain and end our transfer activities.

if Higuain goes we need to bring something back like Morata or a bit more ambitiously Pogba. Everyone seems to be shitting on Higuain now that we have Ronaldo but losing him would be a step back, we need to keep going up. I'm all for selling him off but we need something good coming back. I would be more than happy with Morata.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Why you know? Is he for holidays in Greece too?
No, but it posted in several sites, that we have strucked an agreement with the player and he has declined the renew offer from atletico

- - - Updated - - -

Thats old news.. Someone here said Atletico offered him equal terms and convinced him to stay..
They made a new 4mil offer, but he declined, he picked Juve And it's only the formal matter to pay that 20mil clause

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
if Higuain goes we need to bring something back like Morata or a bit more ambitiously Pogba. Everyone seems to be $#@!ting on Higuain now that we have Ronaldo but losing him would be a step back, we need to keep going up. I'm all for selling him off but we need something good coming back. I would be more than happy with Morata.
IMO we need to swap Higuain for Morata and offer Sandro for Pogba while getting Darmian on the deal too. . If we can get Godin it would be glorious. Sell surpluses like sturaro and Rugani
Then close mercato.

But IMO we really need one more top Player on the midfield. I dont want to put all our eggs on the Emre Can baskett, just in case

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Ronaldo has more assists than Messi in the CL. Ronaldo has more assists than Messi in the CL, when looking at knock out games alone. Ronaldo $#@!s on him in terms of CL goals and Ronaldo double $#@!s on him in terms of CL knock out stage goals. Ronaldo won an Euro (Euro>Copa America easily) with Portugal, who is what, 7th/8th best team in Europe? if even that. Messi failed to win with what was the best team in South America for years. its no contest.
Nice cherry picking stats to fit the narativ.Messi has better goal to games played ratio than Ronaldo, he has better assists to games played ratio.

Portugal became European Champions despite Ronaldo having a shit tournament.

Stats aside Messi is clearly the more influentiel player in the overall game. He creates, dictates play and scores. Ronaldo is one of the best of all times but he is clearly second to Messi.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
IMO we need to swap Higuain for Morata and offer Sandro for Pogba while getting Darmian on the deal too. . If we can get Godin it would be glorious. Sell surpluses like sturaro and Rugani
Then close mercato.

But IMO we really need one more top Player on the midfield. I dont want to put all our eggs on the Emre Can baskett, just in case
Emre Can doesn't convince me, he's not the type of player that can control a game from the mid field. We really need a box to box mid like when we had Vidal

Apr 29, 2006
I don't know where Ronaldos company is registered. Since the dude is a tax fraud he'll most liekly have a scheme of offshore companies.
Bilateral agreements are often unstable/suspect. If you manage to move your 'offshore' to Italy at a competitive tax rates you wouldn't have to circumvent or lie about the source of income. No more 'misunderstandings' that are poison for his brands and image.

Maybe he can move/launch a lot of his CR7 merchandise under Italian tax code? (well that sounds too far fetched even in my view, but could be if he will be based here for 4-5 years)...

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
not very creative for Argentina is he now. Messi is a great system player, Barca builds their team around him, he doesn't seem to be very adaptable, can't play with Dybala, couldn't play with Tevez... Clearly two players that could have helped him win something for his national team. Messi will miss Iniesta a lot this year, as he's already been missing Xavi. They were the creative force at Barca that helped Messi excel.
He has 40 assist and 65 goals in 125 games for Argentina. I would call that pretty good. Also very close to Ronaldo stats for Portugal.

Clearly both players are better for their clubs were the system is build to get the best out of them.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Then close mercato.

You do know Ronaldo isnt free right?! His wages are largely paid by Exor but not the transfer fee...
There is no reason to get Morata as we have C.Ronaldo and Mandzukic with Higuain&Morata having large contracts it just wouldnt be worth it as any attacker we can have will be a sub to Ronaldo...

The annoying thing for me is Darmian since IMO it means no Pogba..
Darmian could also act as a sub for A.Sandro so I guess its not a given that A.Sandro is going to leave...

- - - Updated - - -

He has 40 assist and 65 goals in 125 games for Argentina. I would call that pretty good. Also very close to Ronaldo stats for Portugal.

Clearly both players are better for their clubs were the system is build to get the best out of them.
Please stop!

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011

Stats are cute... results are what ultimately really matter, at least to me. Seeing Messi lose 3 finals in 2 years with Argentina, games in which he could have made the difference but failed doesn't sit well with me for someone being considered the "GOAT".

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
new CB if Rugani/Benatia leave. Godin or de Ligt.
If A. Sandro leaves they all talk Marcelo...there's also Darmian. :scared: You can't replace AS with freakin' Darmian so hopefully a surprise there. Lucas Hernandez got a 55m € clause apparently. edit: It may be much higher because he renewed again till 2024. #bummer
new mid? One as to go. Claudio? names are still Pogba, SMS, Golovin...but then we lose that Home Grown spot and must remove more players off the CL list.
Why not Yerry Mina from Barcelona? Everton are swooping for him for 30 million. He is 22 years old and had a stellar world cup. Looks to be a monster and is even better than Bonnuci in the air.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22,038
    Why not Yerry Mina from Barcelona? Everton are swooping for him for 30 million. He is 22 years old and had a stellar world cup. Looks to be a monster and is even better than Bonnuci in the air.
    Very impressive at the WC but not a single rumour of him here,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)