Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
CSKA Moscow’s President says the future of Juventus target Alexandr Golovin will be decided “in the next two days” and “there’s no done deal” with Chelsea.

The Russian midfielder appears to be close to a move to Stamford Bridge, but the Bianconeri and Monaco have also made bids.

“We have to let Golovin go so we don’t hold him back,” Evgeniy Giner told Sport24.

“As things stand though we still don’t have the solution. When we receive an offer we always try to negotiate openly.

“We were contacted by the Vice-President of Monaco [Vadim Vasilyev] and they made an offer for Golovin.

“Chelsea? There’s no done deal with them, but the question of his move to another club will be settled, I think, in the next two days.”
Beppster? Probably not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
@Mark, from kaedes:

Novità. A quanto mi dicono:

- Godin, mooolto vicino
- A fargli spazio dovrebbe essere Benatia
- Rugani non vogliono cederlo. Vediamo che ne pensa lui e quanto arriva ad offrire il Chelsea.
- La storia di Bonucci che vorrebbe ritornare è vera. Ciò non vuol dire che la Juve lo riprenderebbe
- Golovin sempre più lontano. Pare abbia scelto Londra (kaedes)
- Godin, veeeery close
- Benatia will be sold to make space for him
- We don't want to sell Rugani, but let's see what he thinks when Chelsea offer comes in
- Story that Bonucci wants to come back is true, but doesn't mean we want him
- Golovin further and further away

For those who don't know, the most accurate guru on VS this summer. He dismissed Pogba and Icardi right away, talked about Golovin back in April, said before anyone that Khedira will stay and possibly renew and when everyone was losing their minds thinking CR was coming that Saturday, July 7th, he said Tuesday/Wednesday will be the day as it was. As far as I've been following, he doesn't have a miss so far.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
@Mark, from kaedes:

- Godin, veeeery close
- We don't want to sell Rugani, but let's see what he thinks when Chelsea offer comes in

For those who don't know, the most accurate guru on VS this summer. He dismissed Pogba and Icardi right away, talked about Golovin back in April, said before anyone that Khedira will stay and possibly renew and when everyone was losing their minds thinking CR was coming that Saturday, July 7th, he said Tuesday/Wednesday will be the day as it was. As far as I've been following, he doesn't have a miss so far.
did he say something on Sandro?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21,984
    @Mark, from kaedes:

- Godin, veeeery close

:tup:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    Taking this Godin rumours with pinch of salt - Griezmanns decision to stay at Atleti was made mainly because of him. Why would he leave now? I dont buy it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    @Mark, from kaedes:

- Godin, veeeery close

What is the news on Sandro and Higuain ?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Sportmediaset - Godin dice no alla Juventus, oggi incontro con il Chelsea per Higuain

According to Sportmediaset Godin decided to stay put in Atletico and today we'll talk to Chelsea regarding Higuain.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I watched some Ajax games, but to be honest, I was mostly focused on Neres, Kluivert and Dolberg. I guess he's highly rated for a reason. 18y old, regular for Ajax, already 7 caps for NT. Impressive stuff. And we allegedly already gave him a Vinovo tour.
    I have zero issues with replacing Benatia with Godin. Godin is world-class. But, if we sell Rugani, Italian talent, home-grown player, we better get someone more talented (if Paratici and Beppe think so) than stacking oldies next to Caldara. And it kinda makes sense, really. We would get 20-25m for Benatia - Godin price is around 20. We'd get, what, 45m for Rugani? I guess de Ligt would go for that money.
    I'm not a fanboy to start, but I watch Ajax games mostly to see De Ligt and De Jong play.

The valuations of both players are ridiculous, but De Ligt is the better player imo. It's true that he plays in the Eredivisie which is trash, however De Ligt plays every week, is the captain of the team, and has played well in the Europa League.

He possesses solid passing (long), has grid and isn't scared to do dirty work (unlike Rugani), positioning is good but can improve, good technique for a CB, great in build up play.

Yes, he made some big errors, but this last season he has been solid. He certainly doesn't look like someone who's only 18, he's a very mature player for his age.
    :tup:

Tr1baL

Feb 17, 2016
    Juventus are reportedly prepared to offer Atletico Madrid centre-back Diego Godin a three-year contract in a bid to convince the Uruguay international to move to Turin.

Godin, who represented his country at the 2018 World Cup, will see his current Atletico deal expire at the end of next season, and could be available for £22m this summer.

Manchester United have also been credited with an interest in the 32-year-old, but Juventus are believed to be in a strong position to secure his signature.

According to Sportitalia, Juventus are 'serious' about signing the central defender this summer, and will offer him a contract until the summer of 2021.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Juventus are reportedly prepared to offer Atletico Madrid centre-back Diego Godin a three-year contract in a bid to convince the Uruguay international to move to Turin.

Godin, who represented his country at the 2018 World Cup, will see his current Atletico deal expire at the end of next season, and could be available for £22m this summer.

Manchester United have also been credited with an interest in the 32-year-old, but Juventus are believed to be in a strong position to secure his signature.

According to Sportitalia, Juventus are 'serious' about signing the central defender this summer, and will offer him a contract until the summer of 2021.
    We maybe made an offer no problem,but todays reports are that he's staying there.

La Stampa,Gazzetta & Sportmediaset claiming the Godin decided to renew and will stay in Atletico.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    We are so getting Griezmann to. Marcelo, Pogba, Godín and Griezmann to close the summer.
    So this is our tactic this mercato sign one guy so his bff will join u too:
    Get CR so Marcelo will come begging u to join
    Get Godin so Griezmann will come to u (hello Barca)
    But I wonder about Pogba, he is key signing to who? Darmian? They are not that close.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    But I wonder about Pogba, he is key signing to who? Darmian? They are not that close.
    Martial?!

- - - Updated - - -

:nico: the real GOAT is coming to.
    Calling Messi the real GOAT after we already signed Ronaldo is not a smart thing to do...
    and besides Messi only played for 1 club and 1 nation (2 overall) and has 50% success rate (He is definitely not showing for Argentina)
    C.Ronaldo has Man Utd Real Madrid and Portugal and 100% success rate.. If I think he is the best in the world or not does not matter. The only thing that matters is that on the field C.Ronaldo is the one that proving it...

Anyway C.Ronaldo is the GOAT
    You can call Messi the Gnome...

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    I will give you a clue, he is half black and half bird, and he likes to dab all day long.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    If he comes I hope it would really to be replace Benatia, not Rugani.

With Barza probably retiring after this season, and Chiellini, Benatia and Godin all over 30, we will end up having to replace 4 defenders in a short period
    Same. Not sure why some have given up on Rugani already. Even if he weren't to improve at all anymore, he's at the very least a solid defender and good backup option to have. But I do think he will get even better.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Martial?!

- - - Updated - - -

Calling Messi the real GOAT after we already signed Ronaldo is not a smart thing to do...
    and besides Messi only played for 1 club and 1 nation (2 overall) and has 50% success rate (He is definitely not showing for Argentina)
    C.Ronaldo has Man Utd Real Madrid and Portugal and 100% success rate.. If I think he is the best in the world or not does not matter. The only thing that matters is that on the field C.Ronaldo is the one that proving it...

Anyway C.Ronaldo is the GOAT
    You can call Messi the Gnome...
    It is quite simple. All you have to do is watch both of them play. Ronaldo is s monster goal scorer. One of the best that ever played.

Messi is s monster goal scorer. Besiddes that he is also the main creative force.

Messi is clearly the better player.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)