Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seriously though, it so unreal, all of it. Will we wake up from this dream?
I don't know, man. If this team wins the CL this year? Holy fuck.

Think about the financial aptitude shown by this board in the last 7 years. To get a team where you have a starting front 3 of Dybala-Ronaldo-Costa, with Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, and Cuadrado on the bench.

And to never, not once during that time, ever even be considered to run afoul of FFP. Do you know how many teams would kill for that front line? My god.

This has all been accomplished under the strictest of budgets for the last 7 years, to get us to this moment. It took a lot of patience, but even in my most optimistic moments, I never thought that we would have such an attack as this. :touched:

Never.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
already know im gonna be left disapointed

- - - Updated - - -

woj
Cancelo-Godin-chiellini-Marcelo
Can-pjanic-Pogba
Dybala-Ronaldo-Costa

:lol:

No way lol
exactly. no way we are getting Pogba. and im no saying it because im scared to jinx it. or am i? i dont know anymore, but there is no way we are getting him. i repeat. we are not getting Pogba. quote me on this

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Jeez that pic is perfect.

The salty tears of some utterly spoiled billionaire spawn and the look on dad's face. That mix between feeling obligated to comfort the kid but goddamn this is my only son and he is crying like a bitch on tv. You can see the conflict/ repulsion in his face that only someone who is a (likely bad) father could know.

Son I'm upset that Juve lost too but save it for car/ private plane ride home.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Jeez that pic is perfect.

The salty tears of some utterly spoiled billionaire spawn and the look on dad's face. That mix between feeling obligated to comfort the kid but goddamn this is my only son and he is crying like a bitch on tv. You can see the conflict/ repulsion in his face that only someone who is a (likely bad) father could know.

Son I'm upset that Juve lost too but save it for car/ private plane ride home.
:lol:

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
We really need a midfield upgrade though. Bentancur is good but nowhere near a guaranteed prospect to immediately make the big leap to become an elite player
THIS. The only missing puzzle, regardless on Ronaldo purchased i feel far more relax if we sign not decent but Top MF. Just do it Beppe pleaseee

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It's not about whether we want him sold or not, it's about understanding why we (the club) do it.

We obviously need money, and out of all players that are not important he can fetch us most money. (Higuan excluded)
It's about your thinking he isn't important, not $.

There's a 25m diff between him and Benatia which isn't much (selling a couple of players will lower fee with recompra instead of loan with option can make up the diff). And Benatia's market value will only sink, and Rugani's can go up.

Selling Benatia is the better financial decision, not Rugani.

More importantly, he has future bandiera and future WC CB written all over him, and he's one of our own.

Also, don't be so sure we're really interested in selling him. SportItalia changed their mind three times (diff fee and done deal each time lol), and his agent categorically denied it. Will see. Hope doesn't happen, would be one of our rare poor transfers.

-contract until 2019
-release clause

doubt its that low
There's no doubt we're interested, but you're assuming he'll come running to us.

Maybe not that low, but unlikely unless CR7 made a diff.

Apparently, Godin and Simeone played a role in Griezmann's staying. They're close. Godin is Griezmann's kid's godfather. Would be weird for him to convince Griezmann to stay and then leave himself.

Problem for Atletico was they've a policy of giving 32+ yo players 1-yr extensions and Godin has been wanting a multiple year one.

Lets see how strong the CR7 pull is.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It's about your thinking he isn't important, not $.

There's a 25m diff between him and Benatia which isn't much (selling a couple of players will lower fee with recompra instead of loan with option can make up the diff). And Benatia's market value will only sink, and Rugani's can go up.

Selling Benatia is the better financial decision, not Rugani.

More importantly, he has future bandiera and future WC CB written all over him, and he's one of our own.

Also, don't be so sure we're really interested in selling him. SportItalia changed their mind three times (diff fee and done deal each time lol), and his agent categorically denied it. Will see. Hope doesn't happen, would be one of our rare poor transfers.

There's no doubt we're interested, but you're assuming he'll come running to us.

Maybe not that low, but unlikely unless CR7 made a diff.

Apparently, Godin and Simeone played a role in Griezmann's staying. They're close. Godin is Griezmann's kid's godfather. Would be weird for him to convince Griezmann to stay and then leave himself.

Problem for Atletico was they've a policy of giving 32+ yo players 1-yr extensions and Godin has been wanting a multiple year one.

Lets see how strong the CR7 pull is.
y, I guess that's really the part people disagree on.

some see him becoming a WC CB in the next few years, becoming one of the best in world like Ramos, Chiellini or Godin and the financial boost of 50m is clearly not even close to being worth losing him.

some don't think he is going to be that, and I am among those, for me he is a very good defender when in form and confident, but nowhere near to a consistent beast imo. I watched every game of Giorgio 10 years ago when he was Ruganis age and no way he'd have problems breaking into this Juve starting 11, from the moment he took that CB spot and made it his own, it was obvious that he is special. I don't see it in Rugani, for me he's a normal CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)