Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
A mercato of Danilo/Cedric Soares, Bernardeschi, Matuidi, Keita, I would take it 10/10 times as long as Sandro stays otherwise it would be a pretty disappointing mercato.
That would be 7/10 at best.

Bernardeschi is nothing but a question mark that has an insane price tag. Keita is a freebie and a rotation player at this point while Matuidi would be a very poor transfer.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That would be 7/10 at best.

Bernardeschi is nothing but a question mark that has an insane price tag. Keita is a freebie and a rotation player at this point while Matuidi would be a very poor transfer.
I agree but I'm just saying as long as our stars are retained, a mercato like that will be justified.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Seems to me like Sandro's increased wages = Matuidi instead of Nzonzi + money for RB, while not lowering what we allocated for winger/forwards

I can live with inferior Matuidi if this is the case.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree but I'm just saying as long as our stars are retained, a mercato like that will be justified.
No, it wouldn't.

Yes, I agree it would be awesome that for a change we actually keep our best players here. But seeing those players in a Juve jeresey reeks of mediocrity and not a CL finalist quality.

Those players you mentioned. You know who should sign them? Inter. It's literally their level and quality of those that they would sign who'd later disappear just like the money they invested.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
NZonzi is far from being best in the world himself, but this is exactly kind of player we need alongside Miralem. Matuidi covers a lot of ground, but I don't see him in a 2-man midfield.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Seems to me like Sandro's increased wages = Matuidi instead of Nzonzi + money for RB, while not lowering what we allocated for winger/forwards

I can live with inferior Matuidi if this is the case.
We never wanted to offer 40mln for N'Zonzi IF we were even interested in him.

So it's not we're rellocating the money. We simply did not want to spend 40mln on him.

- - - Updated - - -

NZonzi is far from being best in the world himself, but this is exactly kind of player we need alongside Miralem. Matuidi covers a lot of ground, but I don't see him in a 2-man midfield.
Man, I don't even know which formation are we gonna play next year. It might be a 3 man midfield afterall.

We don't have wingers for 4-2-3-1. It doesn't look like we're buying any which only implies we're not gonna play that formation but something else IMO.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fact remains that our squad was completely unbalanced though.

Doesn't even matter if you blame the management for bringing in the wrong players or the coach for sticking with an impossible formation.

We had 1 attacking sub, who was sadly injured.
Yet we have 5 CB's for only 2 spots & even more CM's for a similar 2 spots.
5 CBs for a 3-5-2 is perfectly fine. So is 5 attackers for that formation or 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, just not ours, and not with a forward seriously injured. I just wonder at what point Allegri was thinking about his 4-2-3-1 and if we could have signed an extra forward in January.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No, it wouldn't.

Yes, I agree it would be awesome that for a change we actually keep our best players here. But seeing those players in a Juve jeresey reeks of mediocrity and not a CL finalist quality.

Those players you mentioned. You know who should sign them? Inter. It's literally their level and quality of those that they would sign who'd later disappear just like the money they invested.
So who do you suggest then ?

We can't go big unless we sell big and you very well know that.

A mercato like that will be improved depth at least unlike last season where we had to play 4 forwards every game with 0 depth.

At this point, keeping Sandro and improving depth options is a better situation to be in than selling him and rebuilding all over again.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So who do you suggest then ?

We can't go big unless we sell big and you very well know that.

A mercato like that will be improved depth at least unlike last season where we had to play 4 forwards every game with 0 depth.

At this point, keeping Sandro and improving depth options is a better situation to be in than selling him and rebuilding all over again.
I say sell Cuadrado and switch to 4-3-2-1 because we don't have enough money to buy so many wingers for 4-2-3-1. Plus, with 4-3-2-1 I think we'd get more out of Dybala, Pjaca and even Schick.

Then I'd invest hard for a quality midfielder. In that case we could buy Fabinho and play him next to Pjanic and Marchisio for example.

Also, I wouldn't mind ONE BIT if we actually sell Bonucci and it's a good thing he met with Sabatini yesterday lol. In that case EVERYTHING changes.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
2015 : tevez,vidal
2016:pogba,morata,coman
2017:sandro
2018:dybala,pjanic
On my replica Juve 2014/15 shirt I had - Vidal
On my replica Juve 2015/16 shirts I had - Pogba, Morata

On my replica Juve 2016/17 shirts I had - Dybala, Higuaín and Marchisio...:shifty:

Edit: had similar replica shirts/sell offs of Diego and Viera in the past :sergio:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I say sell Cuadrado and switch to 4-3-2-1 because we don't have enough money to buy so many wingers for 4-2-3-1. Plus, with 4-3-2-1 I think we'd get more out of Dybala, Pjaca and even Schick.

Then I'd invest hard for a quality midfielder. In that case we could buy Fabinho and play him next to Pjanic and Marchisio for example.

Also, I wouldn't mind ONE BIT if we actually sell Bonucci and it's a good thing he met with Sabatini yesterday lol. In that case EVERYTHING changes.
We buy Fabinho and then our depth options for a 3 man midfield would be Khedira, Sturaro and Rincon which would be just plain awful.

Compare that to having a 4-2-3-1 system with 4 CM's Marchisio/Pjanić/Khedira/Matuidi all of whom have experience at the highest level and then you have Dybala/Higuaín/Mandzukic/Schick/Pjaca/Bernardeschi and possibly Keita if we sell Cuadrado. 7 attackers of quality for 4 positions.

I'd rather stick with a 2 man midfield with a system that has space for all our potential attacking options than a 3 Man midfield with shit midfield depth and possibly leading to underutilizing our attacking potential.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
You forgot to add Pirlo...
Tevez has been the best player we had since Zidane and Del Piero
Vidal and Pogba were also great
Unfortunately we dont have players that are even close to their level - Pjanic is not half as good as Pogba even if Pjanic had a great season..
Dybala as talented as he is, is currently not even near the level of Tevez when he played for us

A.Sandro is a great LB and the best LB we had since Zambrotta but he is just a great LB not really a game changer and thats why I wont compare him to the likes of Tevez and etc..
Morata even if he wasnt the best goal scorer here did great work in the build up - I wonder how he would fare in the Mandzukic role
Pirlo was 35 yrs.we have had decent plaayers to take his roles.if we would have kept vidal or pogba one of them i don’t think the CL final would be this , we lacked players in positions that we sold.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We buy Fabinho and then our depth options for a 3 man midfield would be Khedira, Sturaro and Rincon which would be just plain awful.

Compare that to having a 4-2-3-1 system with 4 CM's Marchisio/Pjanić/Khedira/Matuidi all of whom have experience at the highest level and then you have Dybala/Higuaín/Mandzukic/Schick/Pjaca/Bernardeschi and possibly Keita if we sell Cuadrado. 7 attackers of quality for 4 positions.

I'd rather stick with a 2 man midfield with a system that has space for all our potential attacking options than a 3 Man midfield with shit midfield depth and possibly leading to underutilizing our attacking potential.
I actually think we're gonna count on Bentancur this season. I'd say that's enough. Having those players for 2 spot midfield is fine that you mentioned. However, I think we'd be wasting money for Bernardeschi as we've got more important positions to cover. I'd rather spend that money on a RB (you should consider that into your plans too, cause right now we lack one) and buy a DM.

Also, I actually think that Pjanic - Matuidi would be rather weak and Matuidi is suited for a 3 man midfield. And yeah, if Matuidi does indeed come here you better expect him to play 95% of the time, he won't warm our bench I can guarantee that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Fact remains that our squad was completely unbalanced though.

Doesn't even matter if you blame the management for bringing in the wrong players or the coach for sticking with an impossible formation.

We had 1 attacking sub, who was sadly injured.
Yet we have 5 CB's for only 2 spots & even more CM's for a similar 2 spots.
5 CBs for a 3-5-2 is/was perfectly fine. So is 5 attackers for that formation or 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, just not our current one, and definitely not with a forward seriously injured. I just wonder at what point Allegri was thinking about his 4-2-3-1 and if we could have signed an extra forward in January.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
5 CBs for a 3-5-2 is perfectly fine. So is 5 attackers for that formation or 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, just not ours, and not with a forward seriously injured. I just wonder at what point Allegri was thinking about his 4-2-3-1 and if we could have signed an extra forward in January.
Of course.

It's very simple: the players at our disposal & the formation we ended up playing for the last few months did not match each other. Not even close, really.

And besides just looking at the number of available players, the added bonus was that most players weren't even playing in their ideal position imo.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Man, I don't even know which formation are we gonna play next year. It might be a 3 man midfield afterall.

We don't have wingers for 4-2-3-1. It doesn't look like we're buying any which only implies we're not gonna play that formation but something else IMO.
Indeed, but when talking about Tolisso Beppster said IIRC that he was in our plans, but with formation change, we are looking for someone with different qualities or something like that. Tolisso is a classical b2b jack of all trades imo, if we are not looking for b2b it's quite possible we have at least planned to keep 2 man core in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)