Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
tuz :touched: so drama, much emotions
every summer people bash Beppster left and right just to eat their words next spring. I don't mind selling any player except Gigi if we continue to make CL final appearances at the same rate as we do now.Eventually we will win one, you need luck to win CL final almost more than anything, because if you are there - you are good enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You need luck and strength in depth.

Unfortunately the reason we keep losing them is because we have no firepower outside the first 11 precisely because of sales
Nah, depth is not critical for one game, especially when the game is played after all other major competitions are finished for couple of weeks. You need depth to get there for sure, but at the finals you need first of all your best 11 to perform and you need luck.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Don't just blame Beppe for selling our assets, the league in garbage and not competitive at all, and when you don't have a challenge you get bored, and you put all your eggs in one basket - the CL, and you lose, it feels like the end of the world.
but if, and when hopefully, the league return to excite things will change, and it could happen this year.. Inter and Milan have money, they just need some brains.
The Real-Barca rivalry holds the entire spanish league, and while we aren't a global superpower like these two yet, all we need is 2-3 rivalries like the good old days... and I actually really miss this. there was a time I couldn't care less about the CL, just give me the Scudetto... hope those days will return.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
2015 : tevez,vidal
2016:pogba,morata,coman
2017:sandro
2018:dybala,pjanic
You forgot to add Pirlo...
Tevez has been the best player we had since Zidane and Del Piero
Vidal and Pogba were also great
Unfortunately we dont have players that are even close to their level - Pjanic is not half as good as Pogba even if Pjanic had a great season..
Dybala as talented as he is, is currently not even near the level of Tevez when he played for us

A.Sandro is a great LB and the best LB we had since Zambrotta but he is just a great LB not really a game changer and thats why I wont compare him to the likes of Tevez and etc..
Morata even if he wasnt the best goal scorer here did great work in the build up - I wonder how he would fare in the Mandzukic role

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Pjaca would've made a difference. Not managements fault he got injured.
Fact remains that our squad was completely unbalanced though.

Doesn't even matter if you blame the management for bringing in the wrong players or the coach for sticking with an impossible formation.

We had 1 attacking sub, who was sadly injured.
Yet we have 5 CB's for only 2 spots & even more CM's for a similar 2 spots.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Fact remains that our squad was completely unbalanced though.

Doesn't even matter if you blame the management for bringing in the wrong players or the coach for sticking with an impossible formation.

We had 1 attacking sub, who was sadly injured.
Yet we have 5 CB's for only 2 spots & even more CM's for a similar 2 spots.
You're basically right but let's not forget Allegri changed formation mid-season, after we failed to sign a solid CM.
But you are right about the CB situation... Benatia was, and still is, redundant. Rugani played very few games this season, don't know why Benatia was preferred over him.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Nah, depth is not critical for one game, especially when the game is played after all other major competitions are finished for couple of weeks. You need depth to get there for sure, but at the finals you need first of all your best 11 to perform and you need luck.
You're right it's not crucial for one game, but if there's no depth and the same players play all season that's where it does count for one game.

First half we went blow for blow with real and we're even the better team. 2nd when they stepped up we just didn't have it left in the tank and that is down to depth ☹️

It's right about the league not being as competitive though. That has an impact on our ability to keep hold of people

SrdanPopovic

Jul 14, 2016
It's not panicking it's just history repeating itself...every fuc*king year we are raided,truth is we will never return to the level of Juventus 2005-2006 with this club policy...Juventus Football club is money making machine these days and nothing more,whoever offers us enough money we would even sell our ass,disgusting and YES we are elite feeder club

Jun 6, 2015
Don't just blame Beppe for selling our assets, the league in garbage and not competitive at all, and when you don't have a challenge you get bored, and you put all your eggs in one basket - the CL, and you lose, it feels like the end of the world.
but if, and when hopefully, the league return to excite things will change, and it could happen this year.. Inter and Milan have money, they just need some brains.
The Real-Barca rivalry holds the entire spanish league, and while we aren't a global superpower like these two yet, all we need is 2-3 rivalries like the good old days... and I actually really miss this. there was a time I couldn't care less about the CL, just give me the Scudetto... hope those days will return.
I can promise you that this is not how most of the players feel, if they did they wouldn't be winning the Serie A. It's some of the fans that have gotten bored and don't feel that there's enough challenge but don't try to project your own feelings to the players.

Whenever someone dominates in any sports for a prolonged period of time the argument of bad competition comes around. The truth is that when someone wins continuously it's down to them being really good and extremely motivated, trying to undermine that is just disrespectful towards them.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You're right it's not crucial for one game, but if there's no depth and the same players play all season that's where it does count for one game.

First half we went blow for blow with real and we're even the better team. 2nd when they stepped up we just didn't have it left in the tank and that is down to depth ☹️

It's right about the league not being as competitive though. That has an impact on our ability to keep hold of people
I've tried to come up with a proper answer, but realized that I'm still trying to erase that game from memory, so you are probable right.))

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
So much negativity. You wouldn't think that we won the double and were 45 minutes away from a trebble. Won a historic 6th scudetto, now the most coppa italia's.

The progression of the team has been amazing, this is a historic time for Juve that I personally really enjoy.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I've tried to come up with a proper answer, but realized that I'm still trying to erase that game from memory, so you are probable right.))
Nah, he's not.

People here try to cope with "omfg real madrid lets suck that cock some more, cause we were shit and we need worldclass players in the attack".

Reality ?

- We domminated real. they made 1 change in the first half (diamond to flat 4 midfield) which didnt do shit.
and then...
- Khedira was dogshit all game
- Pjanic + Mandzukic compensated in the first half but both picked up injuries at the end of the first half
- Our other 3 forwards were physically collapsing from having to play so much

- Real could play far more forward
- Khedira got exposed as beeing dogshit

- They didnt do shit for 15 mins cause dat juve organisation

- They scored a ball deflected of.......roflmao.. Khedira.

Game was over

Reality is this. Our starting 11 was fucking amazing. But it needs depth and a physical CM that will keep the pressure of the defence if we have a tough period in the game. Every single big italian team used to have this in the past. Fall back into organisation but have your bloodhound battre down that opponent midfield so they dont walk to your central defence.

2016/2017 juve, with for example Nzonzi, Dougles Costa, Keita. Rotation options, actually nice subs from the bench, physical DM.

Madrid would have been domminated 90 minutes.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So much negativity. You wouldn't think that we won the double and were 45 minutes away from a trebble. Won a historic 6th scudetto, now the most coppa italia's.

The progression of the team has been amazing, this is a historic time for Juve that I personally really enjoy.
It doesn't take much to lose everything in a blink of eye. Don't forget how Milan fall apart after winning CL.

Some bad decisions can set you back for years literally. If we fuck up with midfield signings for the next season we're in deep trouble. By the looks of it, seeing how we're rather close to Matuidi, I'd say we've got something to worry about.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It doesn't take much to lose everything in a blink of eye. Don't forget how Milan fall apart after winning CL.

Some bad decisions can set you back for years literally. If we fuck up with midfield signings for the next season we're in deep trouble. By the looks of it, seeing how we're rather close to Matuidi, I'd say we've got something to worry about.
Both Milan teams actually ramped up wages and old players

If anything, Juve keeps renewing its roster :D

And tbh. 1988-2004 big italian teams all did that. 'oh hello del piero, fuck off baggio in your twenties"

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Both Milan teams actually ramped up wages and old players

If anything, Juve keeps renewing its roster :D

And tbh. 1988-2004 big italian teams all did that. 'oh hello del piero, fuck off baggio in your twenties"
Yeah. With Matuidi. :D

If we do sign Matuidi (I'm afraid we will... lol) and sell Sandro, I think we're pretty much fucked up.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

We aren't anywhere close to being that bad as compared to Milan in 2007 tbh.

Juventus have a lot of ageing stars right now but we've also invested a shit ton in youth players , something Milan or Inter dint bother in their hay days. Worst case scenario: you can make money of those youth if it doesn't work out and put up a decent budget for the mercato.

But yeah, I hope we get some established young stud for the midfield. If we get Matuidi , we'll have 3 of our 4 mids above the age of 30 and that's not an ideal situation to be in.

Also have to see how well Bentancur develops.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Juve Real is history now lets focus on the present and future and the present and future say we need:
RB CM LW RW
RB I liked Licht but honestly I dont know if he is as good as he was anymore - anyway a signing would be needed as we only have 1 RB - Danilo Darmian De Sciglio
CM- Matuidi vs Nzonzi - Not a big fan of both - they are ok nothing more but also nothing less
LW- Keita D.Costa?
RW- Bernardeschi D.Costa

I think that in the end this will happen - Danilo Bernardeschi Matuidi Keita - which is an ok mercato but not an amazing one..

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't anywhere close to being that bad as compared to Milan in 2007 tbh.

Juventus have a lot of ageing stars right now but we've also invested a $#@! ton in youth players , something Milan or Inter dint bother in their hay days. Worst case scenario: you can make money of those youth if it doesn't work out and put up a decent budget for the mercato.

But yeah, I hope we get some established young stud for the midfield. If we get Matuidi , we'll have 3 of our 4 mids above the age of 30 and that's not an ideal situation to be in.

Also have to see how well Bentancur develops.
Actually I dont have high hopes for this guy..

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Some weak links for Barella.

La Stampa is saying we're trying to keep Sandro and buy Matuidi.

Alves is signing 2 year deal with City and he will earn 5mln/season.

We're offering Lichtsteiner to Nice. His price is 4mln. It's all up on Licht, though, as Alves left he might decide to stay. But it seems he wants to play so he'd leave for that reason (my opinion).

We're trying to sell Lemina for 15-20mln while Watford and Arsenal are interested.

Inter wants Pellegri but we're also interested.

We want Spinazzola back at Turin even if Sandro stays here it seems.

Sabatini met with Bonucci yesterday. :money: :money:

Many, many news regarding Matuidi are popping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)