Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Lippi too.

There are some minor differences between the three cases:
1. We wanted Conte to stay, he accepted to stay, and then left us on July 15th, in the middle of the summer mercato, a month before the season started. He put us in a very tough position.
2. Lippi resigned after a bad season (at half season)
3. Marotta was pushed out of our team after creating a team that won 7 scudetti and made it to 2 CL finals. He was compensated to leave.

All three went to Inter immediately or later in their career. But Conte left us, Lippi did the right thing, and Marotta was pushed away.
I'd also suggest (correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't juventino then) that before 2006 the rivalry with Inter was a regular football rivalry. Intense, but mostly sporting. After 2006 it became something else entirely.

Legends going to Inter after 2006 means they are no longer legends. That's it I'm afraid.

With Beppe it was a career/business move. I don't think he really bought into the whole Juve thing too much. Conte was a former captain and enduring symbol of everything the club represents which makes it an inexcusable betrayal. Cuads I think was just too dumb to really think it through, didn't realise people would be upset or maybe honestly doesn't care very much about us or our footballing politics

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
️| Guintoli: "Berardi? We don't comment on the actions of other clubs. Let's just say that we're speaking with the coach, and with only one competition, we want to understand if giving the youngsters some experience is feasible." #Juventus

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I'd also suggest (correct me if I'm wrong, I wasn't juventino then) that before 2006 the rivalry with Inter was a regular football rivalry. Intense, but mostly sporting. After 2006 it became something else entirely.

Legends going to Inter after 2006 means they are no longer legends. That's it I'm afraid.

With Beppe it was a career/business move. I don't think he really bought into the whole Juve thing too much. Conte was a former captain and enduring symbol of everything the club represents which makes it an inexcusable betrayal. Cuads I think was just too dumb to really think it through, didn't realise people would be upset or maybe honestly doesn't care very much about us or our footballing politics
Cuads is nearing retirement. Hard to pass an opportunity for one last stint at a big club and decent salary and probably a lot of minutes too. Wasn’t he rumoured to be going to Turkey or something like that? If that’s true then no surprise that he’d jump at the opportunity to play for Inter

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Forums are outdated, social media took over.
You really think so? And why is that?

To me, personally, those are way different things. Social Media provides instant information where you basically follow influential people. You may even comment but I doubt there's much interaction there and even if there is any I don't think you stand chances to get to know people like you can here, in a more stagnant environment. I mean, over here you know where to find stuff, it's much more organized and you can't hardly miss some stuff, unlike hundreds of comments on other platforms. Plus as a tight place you can meet people and interact with more quality.

Shortly, I think social media is better only when it comes to following news.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
️| Guintoli: "Berardi? We don't comment on the actions of other clubs. Let's just say that we're speaking with the coach, and with only one competition, we want to understand if giving the youngsters some experience is feasible." #Juventus
It's feasible to play some of them. Squad of 29 players is too big.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
From what I can see here: https://www.juventuz.com/members/?key=staff_members , we only have 2 new members on Tuz from May 28th till today. Back in the days we had 2-3 new members daily.

Juve is really not popular anymore, and the younger generations have no interest in football obviously.
Our summer mercato doesn't help the situation.
I'd have no interest in joining 'tuz right now either.

There used to be a bit of a balance between useful information, thoughtful posts, interesting insights, some funny banter, etc. And the odd garbage post.
These days, it's a lot garbage posts. And as a result, you've got a lot of threads that are just impossible to read. Personally, I have no interest in reading posts that are maid by people who act as if they've got the IQ of a kitchen towel.

But the main reason for the Tuz decline is @Lion imo. I wouldn't join either with his ugly mug scaring people off.
But yes, there's that too. That can't be stressed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)