Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
it still takes a clown to pay 10 million for a 35 years old considering bleak future of the club.
But where did you read about 10m? I'm looking at all the official announcements, and everywhere it's written that Inter got Arnautovic on loan with an obligation to buy subject to the achievement of certain given sporting objectives.
They don't say what these objectives are. It might be "to play at least 3 matches", or "if Inter win the Champions league". We don't know. But I can't find anything official about the set price. Only Di Marzio saying that Inter are close to signing Arnautovic for around 10m.

Jul 2, 2006
But where did you read about 10m? I'm looking at all the official announcements, and everywhere it's written that Inter got Arnautovic on loan with an obligation to buy subject to the achievement of certain given sporting objectives.
They don't say what these objectives are. It might be "to play at least 3 matches", or "if Inter win the Champions league". We don't know. But I can't find anything official about the set price. Only Di Marzio saying that Inter are close to signing Arnautovic for around 10m.
bologna gave up on their best player nearing end of transfer window, it is fair assume they are getting that 10 million.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
bologna gave up on their best player nearing end of transfer window, it is fair assume they are getting that 10 million.
You're probably right.
I just read some pieces in Italian media, claiming that if Arnautović achieves the given sporting objectives, Inter will buy him for 8m euro + 2m in potential bonuses. I guess they have the inside info to claim this.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
So why would it be "the most insane thing" for a Juve fan to hate him ? Especially while he is still at Inter. It's perfectly reasonable.
Yeah the fanboyism amongst members here for this guy is odd. By all means give him credit for our winning streak but the way people continue to revere him round here after going to Inter is borderline cultish. Why do people shit on Conte for doing the same thing but give this guy a pass? Fuck both of them and anyone else who betrays us for Merda. I don't miss them nor do I ever want to see them back here. It's an unforgivable sin.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah the fanboyism amongst members here for this guy is odd. By all means give him credit for our winning streak but the way people continue to revere him round here after going to Inter is borderline cultish. Why do people shit on Conte for doing the same thing but give this guy a pass? Fuck both of them and anyone else who betrays us for Merda. I don't miss them nor do I ever want to see them back here. It's an unforgivable sin.
Lippi too.

There are some minor differences between the three cases:
1. We wanted Conte to stay, he accepted to stay, and then left us on July 15th, in the middle of the summer mercato, a month before the season started. He put us in a very tough position.
2. Lippi resigned after a bad season (at half season)
3. Marotta was pushed out of our team after creating a team that won 7 scudetti and made it to 2 CL finals. He was compensated to leave.

All three went to Inter immediately or later in their career. But Conte left us, Lippi did the right thing, and Marotta was pushed away.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Lippi too.

There are some minor differences between the three cases:
1. We wanted Conte to stay, he accepted to stay, and then left us on July 15th, in the middle of the summer mercato, a month before the season started. He put us in a very tough position.
2. Lippi resigned after a bad season (at half season)
3. Marotta was pushed out of our team after creating a team that won 7 scudetti and made it to 2 CL finals. He was compensated to leave.

All three went to Inter immediately or later in their career. But Conte left us, Lippi did the right thing, and Marotta was pushed away.
Cuadrado was also pushed out of the club against his will. He joined those scumbags and was rightfully targeted with a barrage of abuse from members here, many of whom fanboy for Marotta. Now you will say that its unreasonable to compare the two because they are different, but the principle remains the same. So let's be consistent.

As for Conte, his move to Inter wasn't immediate or pre-meditated, unlike Marotta. He left for the national team, after which he joined Chelsea. The thought of coaching Inter likely never crossed his mind. In fact he waited for us to approach in 2019 but we decided to gamble on Sarri instead, so he went to Inter and joined his buddy Marotta, both of whom aimed to replicate the same level of success they acheived at Juve, except this time with the enemy. Neither of them cared about the club, of course, or the sense of betrayal that they caused to us juventini. They worked for their own interests and legacy, they both realised that they complimented each other.

Not that all of this makes Conte's move any less reprehensible, but the point is they're just as bad as each other, regardless of the circumstances under which they joined them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Cuadrado was also pushed out of the club against his will. He joined those scumbags and was rightfully targeted with a barrage of abuse from members here, many of whom fanboy for Marotta. Now you will say that its unreasonable to compare the two because they are different, but the principle remains the same. So let's be consistent.

As for Conte, his move to Inter wasn't immediate or pre-meditated, unlike Marotta. He left for the national team, after which he joined Chelsea. The thought of coaching Inter likely never crossed his mind. In fact he waited for us to approach in 2019 but we decided to gamble on Sarri instead, so he went to Inter and joined his buddy Marotta, both of whom aimed to replicate the same level of success they acheived at Juve, except this time with the enemy. Neither of them cared about the club, of course, or the sense of betrayal that they caused to us juventini. They worked for their own interests and legacy, they both realised that they complimented each other.

Not that all of this makes Conte's move any less reprehensible, but the point is they're just as bad as each other, regardless of the circumstances under which they joined them.
Wait there are people who are pissed that Cuadrado joined inter? I think its great that he's become a liability this past year or 2

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
but the point is they're just as bad as each other
No, the point is that they are not. Conte was made by Juve. He came here as a 21 years old, he played 420 matches for Juve, he was our captain, he had a star in our stadium when he joined Inter.
Marotta was 53 when he came here, with no connections to Juventus whatsoever prior to that.
It's like your wife being fucked by your brother and your new neighbor. Both situations are bad, but not "just as bad".

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
1- some members actually deny his role in our winning streak. They're retarded.
2- I wish Marotta lack of success in his Inter role, but I would've taken him back with open arms during Tici/Bini years since I'd take a professional with a brain over passionate but brainless pretenders.
3- Conte hate is not only because of his Inda role but because he picks fights anywhere he goes. In our current sorry state I'd take him over Allegri too, but with less enthusiasm.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
From what I can see here: https://www.juventuz.com/members/?key=staff_members , we only have 2 new members on Tuz from May 28th till today. Back in the days we had 2-3 new members daily.

Juve is really not popular anymore, and the younger generations have no interest in football obviously.
Our summer mercato doesn't help the situation.

But the main reason for the Tuz decline is @Lion imo. I wouldn't join either with his ugly mug scaring people off.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
From what I can see here: https://www.juventuz.com/members/?key=staff_members , we only have 2 new members on Tuz from May 28th till today. Back in the days we had 2-3 new members daily.

Juve is really not popular anymore, and the younger generations have no interest in football obviously.
Our summer mercato doesn't help the situation.

But the main reason for the Tuz decline is @Lion imo. I wouldn't join either with his ugly mug scaring people off.
Forums are outdated, social media took over.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Forums are outdated, social media took over.
What are the popular platforms football fans use now for discussions?

I guess Twitter but is there anything else more popular?

Anything I've seen on Facebook, YouTube or Reddit is too generic and retarded. Don't think I've ever seen anyone have a decent conversation on them. 90% of it is Ronaldo vs Messi debates or "my team is better than yours".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)