Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
''holding hands and walking into the sunset'' was what he said. i don't know how does that sound for you but imlication there is a romantic one.
My gaydar goes mental whenever I read your posts. I hope for your sake that you are granted clarity soon so you can start living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It's funny how any signing we don't like is blamed on Allegri and Giuntoli is absolved from any blame as though he has no say whatsoever. Even if it is Allegri that wants these players there is very little chance that Giuntoli is going for them without also approving, particularly 2 players that were linked to Napoli when he was there.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's funny how any signing we don't like is blamed on Allegri and Giuntoli is absolved from any blame as though he has no say whatsoever. Even if it is Allegri that wants these players there is very little chance that Giuntoli is going for them without also approving, particularly 2 players that were linked to Napoli when he was there.
Let's play with me fact that it is actually like that, all crap targets are on Allegri. What does that make of Guintoli, the saviour, the epitome of sport directors, who abides to Allegri's stupid demands?

Where is the hierarchy?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Let's play with me fact that it is actually like that, all crap targets are on Allegri. What does that make of Guintoli, the saviour, the epitome of sport directors, who abides to Allegri's stupid demands?

Where is the hierarchy?

There is so little we know of whats happening.

Except for one thing. The hierarchy of the club is the ownership and management who have decided before hiring Giuntoli that Allegri is the coach and here to stay. Giuntoli has no choice in who the coach is.

So when that fact is established, he has to work with the coach, and assess what's needed and what the coach asks for. Anything beyond that is guess work. Since no deals has been made out of these requests, both because of our dire financial situation, and because Giuntoli has a ceiling for what he is willing to bid on Berardi, Lukaku, or others, and is willing to walk away when those arent met.

The only true awful deal we made so far is Rovella to Lazio, not for the selling him part, that can be rationalised for whatever reason, but the framework of the deal itself. Its fucking terrible.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There is so little we know of whats happening.

Except for one thing. The hierarchy of the club is the ownership and management who have decided before hiring Giuntoli that Allegri is the coach and here to stay. Giuntoli has no choice in who the coach is.

So when that fact is established, he has to work with the coach, and assess what's needed and what the coach asks for. Anything beyond that is guess work. Since no deals has been made out of these requests, both because of our dire financial situation, and because Giuntoli has a ceiling for what he is willing to bid on Berardi, Lukaku, or others, and is willing to walk away when those arent met.

The only true awful deal we made so far is Rovella to Lazio, not for the selling him part, that can be rationalised for whatever reason, but the framework of the deal itself. Its fucking terrible.
Then again we get to a situation that makes Guintoli even worse than he seems to be.

I agree with the hierarchy and with that Guintoli has no say whatsoever on the coach is. I also agree that he is somehow forced to work with Allegri. I also agree that he has to work with a tight budget. But let's present it this way. Was he not aware of these parameters ahead of accepting this job?

Why did he agree on these terms? It looks like an easy job that anyone can do. The framework is set, the requirements are there and the budget is known. Everything he does will be labelled as a failure because this environment is set for failure.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Why would I evaluate a sporting director after one month at a club in such a shambolic state? Seems kinda pointless.
I do agree with this, but he doesn't seem to really be improving things or taking us in a new direction. Signing Weah has his signature all over it but our other moves have been disappointing.

Then again there's been a lot of rumour which turned out to be total nonsense (Vlahovic to Bayern, Lukaku arriving) so that's muddied the water on our impressions of Guintoli for sure.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Then again we get to a situation that makes Guintoli even worse than he seems to be.

I agree with the hierarchy and with that Guintoli has no say whatsoever on the coach is. I also agree that he is somehow forced to work with Allegri. I also agree that he has to work with a tight budget. But let's present it this way. Was he not aware of these parameters ahead of accepting this job?

Why did he agree on these terms? It looks like an easy job that anyone can do. The framework is set, the requirements are there and the budget is known. Everything he does will be labelled as a failure because this environment is set for failure.

Because this job isn't a race, it's a marathon. That's why he accepted it. Can have a slow going skint and lean season, then the real work begins 2nd season when CL money rolls in, more mobility in transfers and hopefully we change coach.

Remember Marottas first season? It was average work, but 2nd and onwards was fantastic.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Because this job isn't a race, it's a marathon. That's why he accepted it. Can have a slow going skint and lean season, then the real work begins 2nd season when CL money rolls in, more mobility in transfers and hopefully we change coach.

Remember Marottas first season? It was average work, but 2nd and onwards was fantastic.
But so far his first work semester is way below average. If you want to compare to Marotta.

And our situation forces us to start the marathon with a bit more pace because we will fall behind even more. It's different than it was twelve years ago.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Was he not aware of these parameters ahead of accepting this job?

Perhaps, but Marotta was in similar situation when he accepted the Juve job in 2010. We were out of CL and he had to work with a tight budget.
The first thing Marotta did was to say "thank you" to Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Legrottaglie, Zebina and Amauri, sell those who were on higher wages than they deserved, like Poulsen, Almiron, Tiago, even Molinaro, and he made a highly unpopular move by selling Diego for only 15-16m euro.
He didn't really buy a lot of quality either. A lot of money for a young Bonucci, then Milos Krasic, and some not very attractive signings like Pepe, Quags, Martinez (@Turk_Bianconero), Matri, the loan of Aquilani etc.

As expected, that season was a fiasco, but what followed in the next decade was special.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Perhaps, but Marotta was in similar situation when he accepted the Juve job in 2010. We were out of CL and he had to work with a tight budget.
The first thing Marotta did was to say "thank you" to Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Legrottaglie, Zebina and Amauri, sell those who were on higher wages than they deserved, like Poulsen, Almiron, Tiago, even Molinaro, and he made a highly unpopular move by selling Diego for only 15-16m euro.
He didn't really buy a lot of quality either. A lot of money for a young Bonucci, then Milos Krasic, and some not very attractive signings like Pepe, Quags, Martinez (@Turk_Bianconero), Matri, the loan of Aquilani etc.

As expected, that season was a fiasco, but what followed in the next decade was special.
So why isn't Guintoli saying thank you to those on high wages? Instead he is gifting Rovella and rumours say of selling Illing Jr all while keeping Alex Sandro and likes. Thia is why I am saying he is doing a much worse job to Marottas first average term.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So why isn't Guintoli saying thank you to those on high wages? Instead he is gifting Rovella and rumours say of selling Illing Jr all while keeping Alex Sandro and likes. Thia is why I am saying he is doing a much worse job to Marottas first average term.
Because he's not Marotta :)
But, compared to last year, some players on high wages did indeed leave: Paredes, Di Maria, Cuadrado. Then Arthur was sent on loan. Zakaria sold etc.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Imo it's not a lack of skill but simply impossible to sell our shit players on crazy contracts. Those leeches are stuck here as they wouldn't even accept lower offers. The damage has been done and we gotta deal with it until their contracts expire

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Imo it's not a lack of skill but simply impossible to sell our shit players on crazy contracts. Those leeches are stuck here as they wouldn't even accept lower offers. The damage has been done and we gotta deal with it until their contracts expire
So is that why we are going after Lukaku? Because we like having players on crazy wages that are impossible to get rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)