Summer mercato 2021-22 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Inter definitely don't have a better overall squad. Better starting eleven maybe but we have by far the better overall depth.

- - - Updated - - -

You're severely underrating our squad. Yes we don't have many wc players but this is not some squad full of jabroni's. Talent is definitely there but this team badly needs some coaching and some finer aspects of this should be looked into as well.

What we are lacking is a coach, a disciplinarian who would whoop these players' asses, get them into shape and have them play with purpose and intensity. Atm we are playing lazy, lethargic football with no purpose and I feel it's a reflection of the coaching that has gone into it.
Our squad certainly does't feel like we have depth and that's because are constantly carry a squad with so many injured players.

I think we were caught somewhere in between two decisions, I think we thought we could overhaul ideas and parts of the squad with youth and still get the scudetto. You can't go half in with anything, clear choices must be made and expectations have to be tempered if we do commit to a rejuvenation process.
Yep, true.

Agnelli has always said he likes the Bayern business model. I think they do most of their shopping in Germany (which makes sense since there is a lot of talent there) and also develop their won youngsters. Bayern really does everything well, unless I'm missing something? We should be on that path of mopping local talent and youth development.

Step one: lower the age of the squad with talented younger players
Step two: either stick with Pirlo and give him time or higher a proven coach that is fine with moving the squad age in that direction as step 1.
Step three: focus on our youth academy. We have talented players from what it sounds like so we should be getting them minutes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Had two chances with patchwork squads put together with mostly opportunistic random signings. First squad couldn’t even get out of CL group stage the year prior. The second squad two years later we had sold the entire midfield from the first that was best in world level. Those squads were filled with players you and others constantly called rubbish. Lol

Give Allegri’s 2016-17 squad Vidal and Pogba in the mid and we win that CL easy. A healthy Chiellini in 2014-15 and we win that title imo. Combine the best of those two squads and we win both titles. Instead we castrated ourselves repeatedly with sales and depended on Allegri’s magic to overcome our deficiencies.

Living in the past? Nonsense. He had 1 bad season here, his last. With an aging, unbalanced, squad. And we still won domestic title and played CL QFs.

Bring him back after a couple year sabbatical, he’s in his early 50s, will be refreshed and revitalized by his time off and also had more time to contemplate the “failures” he did have while here. And involve him in the transfer market in building a new, young contender around our core group young players. There are only 3 managers who have had anywhere near Allegri’s success over the past 7 years. Zidane, Klopp, Simeone. None are available.
in 2015 we had a good squad. In 2017 we still had the BBC and massive experience with Dani Alves and AS. Sure, I don't think the 2017 squad was that good, but we still made the final and were completely obliterated. I give credit to Allegri for getting there, but that's mostly because of our solid defending which disappeared in the finals.

I think these calls for bringing Allegri back are similar to the Qanon folks saying Trump will rise from the ashes and take back the White House. It's very doubtful he will come back anyway, plus even if I was a huge fan of him I wouldn't want him back. We need to move forward and I don't think Allegri's brand of football will get us to where we want to be in the modern game; the slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football is of the past. We maxed out the use of Max in 2017, lets move on.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Beginning to wonder whether Demiral is fool's gold. He shows good grinta when he plays but unfortunately it results in recklessness half the time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In the present this team is good enough to win the title and best the likes of Porto. As a minimum we should have been in the quarter finals and in a tight battle for 1st with Inter. Our coach is the main problem and even keeping him till the end of the season is a huge risk. Roma, Atalanta and Napoli are not far behind us. We shouldn't wait till a complete disaster happens to fire him.
I disagree. The coach is definitely a problem, but some of these players have been absurdly poor. There's a lot of blame to go around for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Beginning to wonder whether Demiral is fool's gold. He shows good grinta when he plays but unfortunately it results in recklessness half the time.
He needs to learn patience, he's young and it takes time. Even Ramos gets yellows and reds every other match and he managed a pretty good career. I don't want to get rid of a young defender who showed promise just because of a couple poor decisions.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
in 2015 we had a good squad. In 2017 we still had the BBC and massive experience with Dani Alves and AS. Sure, I don't think the 2017 squad was that good, but we still made the final and were completely obliterated. I give credit to Allegri for getting there, but that's mostly because of our solid defending which disappeared in the finals.

I think these calls for bringing Allegri back are similar to the Qanon folks saying Trump will rise from the ashes and take back the White House. It's very doubtful he will come back anyway, plus even if I was a huge fan of him I wouldn't want him back. We need to move forward and I don't think Allegri's brand of football will get us to where we want to be in the modern game; the slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football is of the past. We maxed out the use of Max in 2017, lets move on.
We didn’t play “slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football” under Max for 4.5 years. If you think we did, you just weren’t paying attention or watched or games with over-the-top preconceived bias. I already dispelled the nonsense that some spew about how we were always just conserving energy for 1-0 wins. It simply wasn’t true. Besides that Max also tailored our tactics to the players at his disposal. And quite obviously for 4 years eked out every little drop of potential by doing so. Give him a squad better suited to another style of play and he will adapt to that. Allegri’s football absolutely got us to where we needed to go and if we gave him a proper midfield post-2015 we’d have won CL with him.

And :lol: at comparing this to Qanon Trump conspiracies. What utter rubbish.

I don’t think Max is the only answer for our problems, or the one single coach we should look at. But he is far and away the best and most tactically versatile coach currently available. If Zidane becomes available, I’ll be happy if we go for him. But after Pirlo, I’m not going to get psyched about some young, unproven coach coming in to force a style on a squad not built for it.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
We didn’t play “slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football” under Max for 4.5 years. If you think we did, you just weren’t paying attention or watched or games with over-the-top preconceived bias. I already dispelled the nonsense that some spew about how we were always just conserving energy for 1-0 wins. It simply wasn’t true. Besides that Max also tailored our tactics to the players at his disposal. And quite obviously for 4 years eked out every little drop of potential by doing so. Give him a squad better suited to another style of play and he will adapt to that. Allegri’s football absolutely got us to where we needed to go and if we gave him a proper midfield post-2015 we’d have won CL with him.

And :lol: at comparing this to Qanon Trump conspiracies. What utter rubbish.

I don’t think Max is the only answer for our problems, or the one single coach we should look at. But he is far and away the best and most tactically versatile coach currently available. If Zidane becomes available, I’ll be happy if we go for him. But after Pirlo, I’m not going to get psyched about some young, unproven coach coming in to force a style on a squad not built for it.
I thought he said himself that 1-0 wins were his favourite wins?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
We need to move forward and I don't think Allegri's brand of football will get us to where we want to be in the modern game; the slow, do not concede at all costs, lazy football is of the past. We maxed out the use of Max in 2017, lets move on.
How many coaches are trying to adapt to that, modern, as you call it, style of game? And how many are failing on the way with equal quality in their squads?

We are just one of many if we throw our dna out the window like that.

It was exactly that classic approach that got us that far/made us punch above our weight at times in the CL, and now people make it sound like it was holding us back...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Does Roma's Pellegrini still have a release clause?

If we can't afford Aouar or SMS this summer I wouldn't be against the acquisition of Pellegrini and Locatelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)