Dybala
Chiesa
Morata
CR7

:klin:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Another injury prone player is the last thing we need. We should forget about him.

Maybe in a few years if we are back on top with a deep squad and can afford to take the risk or if he has proven his fitness over the course of a couple seasons.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Another injury prone player is the last thing we need. We should forget about him.

Maybe in a few years if we are back on top with a deep squad and can afford to take the risk or if he has proven his fitness over the course of a couple seasons.
Stevie the problem is you think too small. you need to look at the big picture.

think dominant football. think trophies. think fabian

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That looks like a heavily unbalanced lineup.
Would be tough to fit Zaniolo, Chiesa, Dybala in the same lineup unless Zaniolo playing as a winger...

Could do a Lippi style 4-4-2

Cuadrado-Demiral-De Ligt-New LB
Chiesa-Arthur-Locatelli-Zaniolo
Dybala-Morata​
If Dybala-Morata could develop a Tevez-Morata type partnership and everyone stays healthy that could be a pretty exciting line-up. Not sure if Zaniolo can play that position tho?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Would be tough to fit Zaniolo, Chiesa, Dybala in the same lineup unless Zaniolo playing as a winger...

Could do a Lippi style 4-4-2

Cuadrado-Demiral-De Ligt-New LB
Chiesa-Arthur-Locatelli-Zaniolo
Dybala-Morata​
If Dybala-Morata could develop a Tevez-Morata type partnership and everyone stays healthy that could be a pretty exciting line-up. Not sure if Zaniolo can play that position tho?
Sorry dude but that looks like a really soft lineup.

Tevez-Morata worked because Tevez worked his ass off as well. Dybala doesn't have the same hustle. I am not sure why you are so insistent on Dybala-Morata post Ronaldo when both players are big question marks.

And no to Zaniolo please. Lets get some durable players for once. Put Gosens instead of Zaniolo and it would look a much better and more balanced lineup.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Tevez-Morata worked because Tevez worked his ass off as well. Dybala doesn't have the same hustle. I am not sure why you are so insistent on Dybala-Morata post Ronaldo when both players are big question marks.

And no to Zaniolo please. Lets get some durable players for once. Put Gosens instead of Zaniolo and it would look a much better and more balanced lineup.
I agree.

if it was me i'd play a normal 4-3-3

juan-merih-matty-new lb

arthur-locatelli-rodrigo

chiesa-paulo-cr7

bentancur is needed to add more physical presence in midfield, and to allow ronaldo to stay higher up pitch. I also think he will do well in matuidi's role with him not needed to play so deep infront of defense. him being better with ball than matuidi will also help our attacking and possession.

chiesa and dybala/morata would be tasked with dropping back to help the team build from deep. something they both are good at.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I agree.

if it was me i'd play a normal 4-3-3

juan-merih-matty-new lb

arthur-locatelli-rodrigo

chiesa-paulo-cr7

bentancur is needed to add more physical presence in midfield, and to allow ronaldo to stay higher up pitch. I also think he will do well in matuidi's role with him not needed to play so deep infront of defense. him being better with ball than matuidi will also help our attacking and possession.

chiesa and dybala/morata would be tasked with dropping back to help the team build from deep. something they both are good at.
I think we need to sell Dybala(if a satisfactory offer comes) and then sell/release Ronaldo in 2022. I've made up my mind on this.

We've given too much leeway to these players. No more fucking around.

We need to move forward with what has worked which is our front trio of Chiesa-Morata-Ronaldo. Get a backup CF and finetune the midfield. Add more grinta and bite to this team. No more snowflakes.

- - - Updated - - -

That backup CF can be Depay who can play both as a CF and a winger. Works out well for us.

Last edited:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Locatelli is meant to be part of a better whole, where we would ideally still have at least one more quality midfield purchase. He's still a great player, I'd take him 10 times out of 10 over Rabiot.
Not the answer I can understand but he is much better than Rabiot...
Rabiot is doing a very good job and dominating the midfield in big matches. He is being criticized by some just because they want to bash a Juve midfielder since the narrative is always that our midfield sucks. He's also a French international and someone who PSG never wanted to lose but he chose to leave.

What did Locatelli do to make him a level above Rabiot?

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I think we need to sell Dybala(if a satisfactory offer comes) and then sell/release Ronaldo in 2022. I've made up my mind on this.

We've given too much leeway to these players. No more fucking around.

We need to move forward with what has worked which is our front trio of Chiesa-Morata-Ronaldo. Get a backup CF and finetune the midfield. Add more grinta and bite to this team. No more snowflakes.

- - - Updated - - -

That backup CF can be Depay who can play both as a CF and a winger. Works out well for us.
no fabian? how dare u

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Isn’t Gosens more of a wingback/fullback?

I’m not insistent on Alvaro-Paulo long term, but I want our midfield fixed, and our LB position. You all keep talking about Haaland but we aren’t signing him unless we sell Dybala and Ronaldo and completely forgo upgrading our mid again. I’d much rather renew Morata’s loan for 10 mil which is peanuts and see what a Dybala-Morata partnership supported by Chiesa can do with a competent midfield behind them. Chiesa and Morata both work their asses off so that should make up for Dybala’s more casual play. Since Dybala’s first season we haven’t seen him paired with a more supportive style CF/ Forward. He’s been paired with a pure goal scorer in Higgy, and the all time GOAT goal scorer in Ronaldo. I’d like to see what he can do partnered by a big, fast centre forward that is as close to a pass first type as there is. Morata has double digit assists in two of his three seasons for Juve now, and in under 2400 minutes each time. If Dybala is in form beside this type of forward I suspect he could bang in 30+.

Fair enough on Zaniolo though. Then perhaps we get a tougher mid with a trio of Aouar-Arthur/Locatelli-De Paul. Put Chiesa in the hole ahead to support Morata-Dybala. And you have a pretty tough, hard charging team. And then summer ‘22 if either Dybala or Morata/both don’t set the world on fire together, you move for Haaland/next big thing at CF then.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Rabiot is doing a very good job and dominating the midfield in big matches. He is being criticized by some just because they want to bash a Juve midfielder since the narrative is always that our midfield sucks. He's also a French international and someone who PSG never wanted to lose but he chose to leave.

What did Locatelli do to make him a level above Rabiot?
:rofl: :howler:

tumblr_pp01taRfBz1wu1zhco1_500.gif

a3a1cafab5bb00f19d40c8369948b4b1.gif

5LV1w.gif

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Surprised to see some wanting zaniolo. Dybala has missed this season and so many are writing him off yet zaniolo has missed a gazillion games of football had two serious knee injuries and its ok for him to join.

@K.O - you make a valid point re. Rabiot vs locatelli. I think we all got our hopes up last season when rabiot starting to hit form then disappointed for most of this season. He is again starting to perform but in comparison to locatelli this season, he has not.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
@K.O - you make a valid point re. Rabiot vs locatelli. I think we all got our hopes up last season when rabiot starting to hit form then disappointed for most of this season. He is again starting to perform but in comparison to locatelli this season, he has not.
You see even in Rabiot lowest days, he doesn't cost us matches. In his day, he showed us that he can dominate the midfield defensively and can score goals here and there. He usually doesn't put in good performances when the entire team play poorly.

As I said before, I don't see Locatelli as a bad player but he's not the answer, and at this moment in time we need to spend our cash on a quality midfielder who can actually make a difference.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Isn’t Gosens more of a wingback/fullback?

I’m not insistent on Alvaro-Paulo long term, but I want our midfield fixed, and our LB position. You all keep talking about Haaland but we aren’t signing him unless we sell Dybala and Ronaldo and completely forgo upgrading our mid again. I’d much rather renew Morata’s loan for 10 mil which is peanuts and see what a Dybala-Morata partnership supported by Chiesa can do with a competent midfield behind them. Chiesa and Morata both work their asses off so that should make up for Dybala’s more casual play. Since Dybala’s first season we haven’t seen him paired with a more supportive style CF/ Forward. He’s been paired with a pure goal scorer in Higgy, and the all time GOAT goal scorer in Ronaldo. I’d like to see what he can do partnered by a big, fast centre forward that is as close to a pass first type as there is. Morata has double digit assists in two of his three seasons for Juve now, and in under 2400 minutes each time. If Dybala is in form beside this type of forward I suspect he could bang in 30+.

Fair enough on Zaniolo though. Then perhaps we get a tougher mid with a trio of Aouar-Arthur/Locatelli-De Paul. Put Chiesa in the hole ahead to support Morata-Dybala. And you have a pretty tough, hard charging team. And then summer ‘22 if either Dybala or Morata/both don’t set the world on fire together, you move for Haaland/next big thing at CF then.
Gosens is eclectic. He can slot in seamlessly either at LM, LB or as a wingback if we play 3 at the back. Most importantly he adds grinta and we've been devoid of such players offlate.

I know Haaland's a bit unrealistic which is why I prefer to stick with Ronaldo for a year and let him go in 2022, see how the situation develops then and see if we could find a suitable replacement by then. For now though, he's still giving us goals. So I'd prefer to keep him over Dybala who more and more continues to be a non factor in this team as the days pass by.

I'll post my lineup in the build/predict Juve thread.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You see even in Rabiot lowest days, he doesn't cost us matches. In his day, he showed us that he can dominate the midfield defensively and can score goals here and there. He usually doesn't put in good performances when the entire team play poorly.

As I said before, I don't see Locatelli as a bad player but he's not the answer, and at this moment in time we need to spend our cash on a quality midfielder who can actually make a difference.
Sometimes silent hardworking leaders who perform consistently make all the difference. But yes, we'd be better off buying another one on top off that.

Rabiot is overly criticised but he doesn't dominate shit. Also 1 Serie A goal last season and 2 now, can't be labeled as 'goals here and there'. It's one every blue moon.
The big problem with keeping Rabiot is his immense salary, probably double of what Locatelli would make. And he'd probably deliver us a few bucks by selling. So it's definitely a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)