Summer mercato 2021-22 (117 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Similar issues attitude wise, but Dembele at his best is twice the player Rabiot is. So Barca would lose value in that deal.
Sure but we shouldn't be asking that question 'who loses out on this deal'.

I'd rather ask whether it's the best use of the cash that will be involved. Predicting transfers in terms of success/failure is useless but if there are red lights flashing, you don't commit big cash on those deals IMO.

For example: In theory we got the upper hand in Pjanic - Arthur swap but in terms of performance it looks like neither side can be happy with that trade.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We didnt get the upper hand in Pjanic-Arthur swap. Pjanic is better player and still is, Arthur is just younger so it was just a way to move on from him while getting a young temporary fix swap.It was a deal for the accounting balance more then for footballing reasons. A gamble that was just done for the heck of it. Since it would been hard to sell just Pjanic, why not get Barca's dead weight while you at it.

I defenitely dont think Dembele and Rabiot are even close to the same strosphere talent and skill level on the pitch, tho off it attitude issues (or on it it too for both since it effects their game a bit), or injury issues when it comes to Dembele, defenitely means it not really worth gambling on in long run.

But IF we did, we could get more out of this deal then what Barca would, Rabiot is just a role player with entitled hubris, and very soft mindset (built like a giant but plays like a little bunny). While Dembele on his day, can just be unguardable, I seen him have couple of world class performances for barcelona in CL this season, and several other top class games in league/cup but still, I would say stay clear because his availability is just unreliable (on and off health wise), just that the chance for upside is more with him.

This game was just two months ago, this is a talent that has the ability to be MOM weekly, when he is sharing the pitch with Messi:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want any of the two.

Can't we just, how is it called again? Sell?
Can't we sell players without bringing in another clubs garbage in return?

This.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I don't want any of the two.

Can't we just, how is it called again? Sell?
Can't we sell players without bringing in another clubs garbage in return?
I can imagine that's not so easy in these financially difficult times. Especially not with the fucked up salary those guys have...

Jun 16, 2020
We didnt get the upper hand in Pjanic-Arthur swap. Pjanic is better player and still is, Arthur is just younger so it was just a way to move on from him while getting a young temporary fix swap.It was a deal for the accounting balance more then for footballing reasons. A gamble that was just done for the heck of it. Since it would been hard to sell just Pjanic, why not get Barca's dead weight while you at it.

I defenitely dont think Dembele and Rabiot are even close to the same strosphere talent and skill level on the pitch, tho off it attitude issues (or on it it too for both since it effects their game a bit), or injury issues when it comes to Dembele, defenitely means it not really worth gambling on in long run.

But IF we did, we could get more out of this deal then what Barca would, Rabiot is just a role player with entitled hubris, and very soft mindset (built like a giant but plays like a little bunny). While Dembele on his day, can just be unguardable, I seen him have couple of world class performances for barcelona in CL this season, and several other top class games in league/cup but still, I would say stay clear because his availability is just unreliable (on and off health wise), just that the chance for upside is more with him.

This game was just two months ago, this is a talent that has the ability to be MOM weekly, when he is sharing the pitch with Messi:

- - - Updated - - -

This.
I like Dembele, great technique, no weak foot and still very young. He’s a mediocre finisher and quite injury prone tho. Definitely not someone with leadership skills like De Ligt has

Before I saw that he receives 20m gross, and just now I saw another website who’s saying 12m gross.

If the price is right, it could be interesting imo. But I will probably become a dirty amount of money if it goes through. He’s linked to us for quite a while now

@DAiDEViL obviously you’re right it’s better to sell Rabiot, unfortunately we seem to be stuck in this situation until Ronaldo leaves and we sorted out some other salaries I guess. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a big fan of this approach, selling Rabiot to any other club will probably earns us less than what we will receive if we swap him with Dembele. Cooking the books for another year. Financial inception. Debt within debt.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I like Dembele, great technique, no weak foot and still very young. He’s a mediocre finisher and quite injury prone tho. Definitely not someone with leadership skills like De Ligt has

Before I saw that he receives 20m gross, and just now I saw another website who’s saying 12m gross.

If the price is right, it could be interesting imo. But I will probably become a dirty amount of money if it goes through. He’s linked to us for quite a while now

@DAiDEViL obviously you’re right it’s better to sell Rabiot, unfortunately we seem to be stuck in this situation until Ronaldo leaves and we sorted out some other salaries I guess. Don’t get me wrong I’m not a big fan of this approach, selling Rabiot to any other club will probably earns us less than what we will receive if we swap him with Dembele. Cooking the books for another year. Financial inception. Debt within debt.
I didnt see 20M gross anywhere tbh. But if hes on 12M gross there, then here its less than 9M gross on same net wages, which is cheap

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

This.
He is a very promising player he is just not at the level to be a first team player at Barca or Juve yet. More long term investment than deadweight.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He really needs to put his friendship aside here. I believe this all comes down to his and Paratici's personal relationships with Pirlo. At the end of the day this is business and he can't afford to keep Pirlo for amicable-related reasons when our financial stability is at stake. He has to be more ruthless than this. Pirlo is finished with this squad, it's been a whole season and he still hasn't moulded this team properly. I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on given that he had no preseason but at this stage he's proven to be too inconsistent. He ought to find a job elsewhere, give him the U23 for all I care if you want to keep him at the club so bad
Bro, Pirlo should be considered sacked since our loss to Porto.
End of story. The rest, just paper fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)