Summer mercato 2015 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ah, him. I understand the reference now :D

I think it's a move that is a bit surprising to be honest.

When he was bought from Lorient there was a lot of hype surrounding him, as he had shown real glimpses of quality there. The commotion was mostly because Christian Gourcuff who was the Lorient manager at the time, and a coach who has been renowned to develop young players (Gignac, Koscielny, Gameiro, Jallet all played for Gourcuff in early stages of their careers and he gets a lot of credit for developing them) had been extremely incensed at the management for selling Lemina to Marseille at the end of the mercato and for a small sum. Gourcuff thought very highly of him. He didn't break into the Marseille side though, so he probably didn't do as well as he was expected to.

That being said, he does look a decent prospect. Defensively he is very good; he’s more the energetic type than the disciplined one, but he’s an excellent tackler, really strong presence in the middle of the pitch. He’s quite versatile too; last season Bielsa used him as a right wingback in a 3-5-2 formation, when L’OM had a mini injury crisis and he didn’t do too badly.
All in all a gamble for Juve, as he hasn’t really shown enough that would make one expect him to move to a club like Juve, but he’s still young and he does have ability, so it could pay off.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
there you go once again

didn't you say something the other day about talking behind people's backs... hypocrite again.
I didn't mention you, nor are you the first person to make suggestions of Isco, Oscar or Gotze here. Tbh didn't even see that it was your post he quoted, until you brought it to my attention. More of a general comment.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
The big questionmark to this mercato and what i would like our Beppe to answer is why he never replaced Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez. Our new signings e.g Dybala, Khedira, Mandzukic, Lemina and Cuadrado would all be very sweet acquisitions to our 14/15 squad, but no real replacements for our losses;

Dybala needs time to gel into our team - not our new Tevez
Mandzu replaces Llorente - a substitute-upgrade
Khedira would be a perfect rotationplayer - hes not a Vidal replacement. And we all knew he was injuryprone
Lemina - know nothing about him, but from what ive seen and heard hes a player for the future. Not an imminent factor
Cuadrado - doesnt really fit in anywhere. I understand why Beppe couldnt resist when the opportunity was there, but he shouldnt be regarded and wont be regarded a first team player

So why didnt you have the replacements ready Beppe? And why didnt you manage to bring Allegris (believed) only request, a proper TQ?
After getting Dybala, you had all the time in the world!

I like that we are renewing the squad with young blood, but im afraid we have been a little naive not getting one or two CMs with authority.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
The big questionmark to this mercato and what i would like our Beppe to answer is why he never replaced Vidal, Pirlo and Tevez. Our new signings e.g Dybala, Khedira, Mandzukic, Lemina and Cuadrado would all be very sweet acquisitions to our 14/15 squad, but no real replacements for our losses;

Dybala needs time to gel into our team - not our new Tevez
Mandzu replaces Llorente - a substitute-upgrade
Khedira would be a perfect rotationplayer - hes not a Vidal replacement. And we all knew he was injuryprone
Lemina - know nothing about him, but from what ive seen and heard hes a player for the future. Not an imminent factor
Cuadrado - doesnt really fit in anywhere. I understand why Beppe couldnt resist when the opportunity was there, but he shouldnt be regarded and wont be regarded a first team player

So why didnt you have the replacements ready Beppe? And why didnt you manage to bring Allegris (believed) only request, a proper TQ?
After getting Dybala, you had all the time in the world!

I like that we are renewing the squad with young blood, but im afraid we have been a little naive not getting one or two CMs with authority.
The way we played with Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez cannot be replaced. If we were bringing in players to replace a genius like Pirlo f.ex that would just be a bad copy. The new players brought in will play to their strenghts, which are not necessarily the same strenghts Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez contained. For that reason, the effenciency of our new signings lies mostly in the hands of Allegri.

He has to adapt his system to the current players, and can't just play with the same pattern from last year and field bad copies. Do something new, be creative and play to THESE players' strenghts.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The way we played with Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez cannot be replaced. If we were bringing in players to replace a genius like Pirlo f.ex that would just be a bad copy. The new players brought in will play to their strenghts, which are not necessarily the same strenghts Pirlo, Vidal and Tevez contained. For that reason, the effenciency of our new signings lies mostly in the hands of Allegri.

He has to adapt his system to the current players, and can't just play with the same pattern from last year and field bad copies. Do something new, be creative and play to THESE players' strenghts.
What are Padoin's strenghts? Partly agree though, needs to think of something till we get back injured players.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
lemina is a fine addition. he would have been a rotational player in the last 4 seasons, now he'll most probably be a starter. sic transit...

hernanes must be a fucking joke. do we really need anyone of inter's bench?!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Yeah the mercato has been really random.

Sandro and dybala aside the signings have been bizarre to say the least.

To bring in zaza for 18m and release Llorente for free, I can't get my head around that whatever way I look at it.
As you mentioned cuadrado is an opportunist buy, and that makes sense but we only have 1 winger in the team. Mandzukic is looking like a really poor addition...

I look at this team and find it very disturbing we allowed 3 key players to leave in one summer, and then shipped out a hot prospect that we've been building up for the last few years. It just stinks of reactivity over pro activity. Not to mention were sat here 6 hours before the window shuts and still the biggest hole in the squad from last year remains, not to mention we've not even plugged the gaps we've been left with from the tevez pirlo and vidal exits

So disappointed with the way we've conducted ourselves since the CL final.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Yeah the mercato has been really random.

Sandro and dybala aside the signings have been bizarre to say the least.

To bring in zaza for 18m and release Llorente for free, I can't get my head around that whatever way I look at it.
As you mentioned cuadrado is an opportunist buy, and that makes sense but we only have 1 winger in the team. Mandzukic is looking like a really poor addition...

I look at this team and find it very disturbing we allowed 3 key players to leave in one summer, and then shipped out a hot prospect that we've been building up for the last few years. It just stinks of reactivity over pro activity. Not to mention were sat here 6 hours before the window shuts and still the biggest hole in the squad from last year remains, not to mention we've not even plugged the gaps we've been left with from the tevez pirlo and vidal exits

So disappointed with the way we've conducted ourselves since the CL final.
6 hours?

It closes at midnight no?

Jul 29, 2015
Hernanes, what do you like the most about Inter and the clubs history?

“I like the fact that the club is the only club that has never played in Serie B as this means that this is a serious club who knows how to achieve results. Then the club has also always distanced itself from scandals and this is something I like. I want to live in peace, do the right things and to be in this club only enhances those feelings.”

:yuck::yuck::yuck:

enzo

May 14, 2012
Beppe did, and I really believe he tried everything possible to sign the guy. He just simply didn't want to leave.
Bad timing, would he have negotiated Vidal and Coman at the same time, it would have been possible. But, as you point out, all assuming Goetze was open to move.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Bad timing, would he have negotiated Vidal and Coman at the same time, it would have been possible. But, as you point out, all assuming Goetze was open to move.
Gotze was not open to move. I'm sure Beppe tried to convince Bayern on some sort of deal including both Vidal and Coman, especially since they showed interest for the latter soon after Vidal's sale. There was really not much Beppe could do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)