Summer mercato 2015 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Our midfield used to be the decisive factor in our success. Sometimes we didn't even have enough depth there under Conte. But we had fucking quality with Pirlo, Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio!

Now we have like 7 midfielders and I only see Pogba and Marchisio on that needed level, to pull the strings. Sorry, but Khedira and Asamoah still have to show they are fit after so long off the field. Pereyra is a good player but Allegri doesn't seem to have trust in him since he didn't start against Roma.

I think this (midfield problem), along with the lack of quality AM, is the reason we lost two games in a row in Serie A and look like clueless bunch.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
It's deadline day.

No way we're reaching a deal with an abroad team on deadline day.

And we'd have to hugely overpay for Moura something like €50m to bring him here.

Not happening anyway.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
ss

- - - Updated - - -

I consider what Beppe did to replace Tevez a good job because of the reasons you named. However Llorente should have been kept around instead of Zaza, that's 18 mil. And we could live without an LB for another year if that saving will provide us the funds for a class AM, that's 26 mil. Priorities are important.
Agree on the job Marotta did in replacing Tevez. Dybala impressed me against Roma, his ball control, pace and ability to push the ball is very good. Mandzukic, Dybala and Morata should be able to at least make up for the goals Tevez left. Mandzukic has disappointed me greatly, but he's a warrior and hopefully he'll bounce back.

Now regarding the LB position, I do think we had to replace Evra. The dude is 34 years old and especially going forward he struggles a lot. He's well past his prime. I do agree that Evra is a reliable option on the surface, but he's getting exposed when we're not floating and we really are desperate for contributions in our offense. Frustrating to see. Sandro will be a very nice acquisition. Asamoah will also be back again, but he's going to need half a season to get back to his best.

Off topic, are you Danish bro?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
When you get Pirlo and Tevez for free, because of their age, you know that you'll have a very tough time replacing them. We always knew they'd leave without us getting money in return. That leaves us very little room to buy players, especially players who could offer the same. Imo we were always going to suffer.
Yeah we're so poor, only 120m spent so far

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
What? Still only linked with Hernanes? It's almost like the directors don't want the side to do well this season.

Hernanes is not the type of player to link the midfield and attack. Hernanes is the type of player who likes dribbling and shooting. He's a direct player who is greedy. Not what this club needs.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You don't buy 25 year old versions of Pirlo and Tevez for 120m in today's market. Apparently. De Bruyne just went for 70 for example.
No one said we should spend 70m, however the mercato has mostly been pathetic. We literally have only Dybala to replace Vidal, Pirlo & Tevez attacking wise.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No one said we should spend 70m, however the mercato has mostly been pathetic. We literally have only Dybala to replace Vidal, Pirlo & Tevez attacking wise.
No? You're asking Marotta just that imo. You tell me who he should have bought. Name me three players.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala, Sandro, Cuadrado, Mandzukic and Rugani. Can't see how this is a bad mercato. solid 8 for me even without the AM.
:agree: :tup: Very solid. We "only" lost Pirlo, Vidal, and Tevez. Allegri likes to use a 4-3-1-2 formation, but hey who needs the 1 in that formation eh? No biggie really. I mean, it wasn't like the AM was the most urgent or pressing matter. Fuck that. All in all 8/10. Would do again, would repeat, and would bang.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
No? You're asking Marotta just that imo. You tell me who he should have bought. Name me three players.
He should've closed for any Gotze, Draxler, Isco, Oscar etc.. unlikely any of them would cost 70m.

We could've saved a ton by not signing Zaza and keeping Llorente. Vidal is certainly worth much more too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He should've closed for any Gotze, Draxler, Isco, Oscar etc.. unlikely any of them would cost 70m.

We could've saved a ton by not signing Zaza and keeping Llorente. Vidal is certainly worth much more too.

Apart from Isco none of those would be able to replace either Vidal or Pirlo. Götze has the talent, but has hardly played consistently, Draxler is a serious risk and I don't rate Oscar at all.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's deadline day.

No way we're reaching a deal with an abroad team on deadline day.

And we'd have to hugely overpay for Moura something like €50m to bring him here.

Not happening anyway.
It would be too huge a risk to pay that amount of money for Moura tbh. He really hasn't proven anything to warrant that kind of risk. So far he's looked like a talented, extremely quick Brazilian player that is exciting and nice to watch, but still lacks very much in decision making and end product.

Obviously with his pace and ability, he still has the potential to turn into a very good player, I'm just saying he hasn't shown enough yet, he still needs to improve a lot on his end product and decision making.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Isco is impossible, I don't know how people think that any club could convince Real Madrid to sell their most prized young Spanish talent.

- - - Updated - - -

freddy, is the nutcracker any good?
The nutcracker?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Apart from Isco none of those would be able to replace either Vidal or Pirlo. Götze has the talent, but has hardly played consistently, Draxler is a serious risk and I don't rate Oscar at all.
Of course not, but at least we'd be getting a pretty good player who's going to offer a lot in creative department. What's the point of waiting year after year? Might as well build and gel the team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)