Spit ban for Totti? (16 Viewers)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
Im sure he had his reasons if he did it!

There is NEVER any reason to spit in another person's face. This is beyond disgusting, beyond low class, and is indefensible. You cannot possibly say he had good reason. If anybody spits in another's face on the pitch, a 3-month should follow.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

There is NEVER any reason to spit in another person's face. This is beyond disgusting, beyond low class, and is indefensible. You cannot possibly say he had good reason. If anybody spits in another's face on the pitch, a 3-month should follow.
"Innocent until proven Guilty"

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Stupid Totti. After Nedved won the Golden Ball, Totti cried that he doesn't get recognized because he plays for "unfashionable" Roma. Right! So he gets his big chance to show the world how great he is, and this is what he does. If Totti's tournament is over, then the 90 minutes he gave us will not win him any awards.

This stupid little brat, as immature as can be, has seriously jeopardized his country's chances (if he gets banned). Roman bastardo.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Threads merged.

I have an idea, is there some way we could gag Totti? The only positive things coming from him is the occasional inspirational pass. The world would lose nothing by shutting him up and Italy would gain so much.

OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #111
    Saw the video on TV just for some minutes ago...

some ppl. wants to believe this is something made in a studio!
    If this is made by ppl. then they are way beyond the word: GENIUS!
    it looked as real as it could be!!!

doesn't look good for Totti!!!

===============================================
    Totti waits on fate

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Italy forward Francesco Totti for gross unsporting conduct, after he spat at Denmark midfield player Christian Poulsen during the sides' goalless draw on Monday.

Decision tomorrow
    Totti has until midnight tonight to submit a statement to UEFA's control and disciplinary body, which will notify the Italian Football Federation of its decision tomorrow morning. According to UEFA's disciplinary provisions, spitting could be construed as an act of assault, which may earn Totti a three-match ban subject to exonerating factors.

Statement
    A UEFA statement said: "We have instigated disciplinary proceedings against Francesco Totti for gross unsporting conduct, notably a spitting offence against the Danish player Poulsen. The player can submit his statement until midnight tonight. The decision will be taken tomorrow morning and should be notified to the Italian team at around 10-10.30."

©uefa.com 1998-2004. All rights reserved.
    http://www.euro2004.com/News/Kind=1/newsId=194049.html

Sep 14, 2003
    Rai were showing it about an hour ago. He bumps into Poulsen, turns and clearly spits in his face. Tomorrow a decision will be made about any suspension. I would say his tournament is over, I can't see UEFA being lenient.

Aug 26, 2003
    I know that Totti is very arrogant and a bastard! He also showed once again that he is no fair sportsman, how can a player who calles him self the best do such a stupid thing????

I hope he get a ban or sent home!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Whats wrong with you?? You root for Italy to fail if it means Del Piero will not get blamed?? If you have this type of attitude stop posting on the Italy threads. This is a Juventino comment and not one of an Azzurri fan: I don't give a damn who DOES WELL or FAILS so long as Italy succeeds. This is the biggest load of horseshit I have seen from a poster in a long time.
    Juve_Kosova isn't exactly my fav poster, but i dont see anything too offensive in his post.

you conveniently left out his last sentance:
    i hope that he will not get the ban, because i want Azzurri to win this euro2004....!
    shame shame..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
    If he did spit he has a low class S-O-B as many people suspected....

However, there is something VERY WEIRD about this incidence and the sequence:

1. Why was there no reaction from Poulsen? Being spit in the face is not like being pushed (as common) and certainly merits a reaction; yell to the official; wiping of the face. NOTHING. Poulsen did not react and continued running as if nothing occured.

2. It never made its way to the telecast because Poulsen never made an issue of it..almost like it didn't happen.

3. Why did Denmark wait more than 48 hours to bring this decision to UEFA??

Given the angle IT MAY (don't go up in arms you pouncers) that Totti's spit "missile" went beyond Poulsen and it was more of a side-spit this-is-what I think of you spitter rather than in the face. A theory already heard around town: Totti tackles the Danes...Danes not happy...Dane payback...may be far fetched but the non-reaction of Poulsen and the non-issue of this during the game is unexplicable. Things like this don't surface 2 days later.
    interesting observations....i wondered about #1 againm, but then again... i didn't see the whole clip.

If Totti does get suspended, do you think Cassano or Pirlo should take Totti's place in the 4-2-3-1 or do you think Trap'll change the formation?

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
    4-4-2 With Pirlo-Dp-Vieri

Unique chance for DP to show his worth in the absence of the NT most fancied leader.
    Anyhow, Totti showed that brilliant as he may be, he lacks what the likes of Del Piero and Baggio can take pride in: CLASS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)