Spit ban for Totti? (16 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Why the other player didnt do anything? If I get spit on the face Id do something back...

This really sucks because the game against Sweden is the tougher one, lets see what Trapattoni will do
I probibly would have got back at Totti, but I think that Poulsen was wise not to get back at Totti during the game. He would be in the same trouble as Totti and a possible ban would let his team down.

hats off to Poulsen for his patients.

Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++
Sent Totti home.

Players shouldn't do that whether they are called Totti Del Piero Zidane or anyone.
Right! That is a shame and human failing. That has nothing to do with soccer or something, it is the behaviour between two people. If he was not satisfied with his performance than he shouldn't spend training time in front of the mirror preparing his appearance.

++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
ACCORDING TO RUMOURS FROM PORTUGAL TOTTI WILL BE BANNED FOR 3 MATCHES!
too little

Totti GO HOME!!! :fero:

Sep 14, 2003
Perfectly justified. In fact, he should consider himself lucky it's not more. That said, until it's confirmed that it's 3, it could be worse.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I probibly would have got back at Totti, but I think that Poulsen was wise not to get back at Totti during the game. He would be in the same trouble as Totti and a possible ban would let his team down.

hats off to Poulsen for his patients.
Exactly.
He would be punished as well, if he reacted in some bad way, like spitting on Totti or beating him.

fabi: do you remember Mihajlovic spitting on Mutu in CL match? Mutu did nothing as well, they must know that it's better to hold on in such moments.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Still: I would like to see the video of that on TV, that little video from Rai is not clean enough.
But since Mihajlovic has been banned for 8 matches, Totti will be a lucky man, if that rumour will be confirmed.

River

Jun 15, 2004
He might not actually have spat on the guy, and if he didnt its not a big deal.

And yes you should never spit on someone, but we dont know what that guy might have said to him etc so condemn him just yet.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
Speaking objectivly he should be banned because what he did was wrong. There is no need to get all nasty against the other team players, because in the end its just a game, and he got caught so now it'll be worse for him. I know he probably didnt think before he acted and everyone can make a mistake, but that was too low. He didnt win anything by doing it, and now his actions will make the team worse because sadly he is one of the best players of the team and Italy's offence kinda relies on him.

Speaking as an Italy fan of course I dont want him to be banned, and I dont understand why the Dannes waited this long to say this. I hope Trapattoni will be able to figure something out because Italy has more quality players. The FIGC should punish Totti for his actions.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
]

what??? Dont you care about that the fact he SPIT on someone? IMO, he can should be sent home.

but,i watched the whole match and didn't see anything!

maybe totti just spitted-like all the players do-and it seemed like he spitted on the guy's face!!

wouldn't be a fight,a huge one,if totti had spitted on the guy's face???

no,even if totti did it,i don';t care.
i only care if he does well for italy

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I have a really good feeling about this. I think that When Totti is gone Del Piero will become much stronger, then Totti will come back and then he will make up for what he done.

i want the midfield to end up like this:

-------- gattuso----perrotta-------------
---------------- pirlo-------------------------
-----------fiori-------del piero--------------
-----------------vieri---------------------------

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Italy prepare life without Totti Wednesday 16 June, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti faces a UEFA tribunal tomorrow, but Giovanni Trapattoni is already testing ways to survive without him.

“Totti certainly isn’t happy to be in this situation,” noted FIGC Vice-President Innocenzo Mazzini, “but he is nonetheless relaxed. We have great respect for UEFA and will abide by any decision they make while doing everything we can to represent our player.”

The Roma captain has disgusted the continent as television footage emerged of him spitting at Danish player Christian Poulsen. The images clearly show he was looking at the opponent and too close for the gesture to have been an accident.

“He was quite surprised and claimed he had no memory of the incident,” insisted Mazzini. “In any case, there are many great players in this squad and nobody is irreplaceable.”

This last statement is an important one, as it shows that Italy are prepared for the likely two to three match ban for their most representative player. He will give his testimony in front of a UEFA tribunal tomorrow morning at 10am.

There are even suggestions that the Azzurri should send Totti home if UEFA inflict a heavy punishment, but Mazzini refused to reveal any contingency plans. “You can’t make a scenario without facts at hand.”

UEFA will make their decision on Thursday, but they could come down hard on Totti after Poulsen’s testimony.

“Totti spat at me several times throughout the match,” said the Dane in an official statement released by his FA.

Now Giovanni Trapattoni is forced to find a new set-up that can survive without his star player and there were already experiments on Wednesday afternoon.

The Coach fielded Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Cristiano Zanetti in midfield, with Alessandro Del Piero supporting front two Christian Vieri and Antonio Cassano.

Vieri limped off with a knee problem, but the medical staff hinted that it was nothing to be concerned about.

Trap had always maintained that the balance of the side could not sustain both these creative players, but with the Roma man out of the picture it might be Pirlo’s big chance.

“Andrea is a great player,” Trapattoni had claimed, “but the Italy squad is build along certain structures and with him there the tactical set-up would have to change. I can’t just abandon everything we’ve done and adopt a new system from one day to the next.”

Totti’s thuggish behaviour could well have forced Trapattoni’s hand and opened the door for the Scudetto winning midfielder.

calcioitalia.co.uk (channel4.com/sport/football_italia)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
SWEET DEAL! Pirlo, Cassano, DP, Gatusso and Vieri all in the same LINE-UP!!!!!!!!!

fvck Totti and his childish behaviour. I hope he is banned for like the next 20 Azzurri games....

Finally, some breathing space for DP, and no more ball-hogs in the TEAM :D (well, condisering camo does play ;) )

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
it is true
but its not only for the spit but also for the last minutes foul committed by this idiot arrogant childish player when he targeted the knee of one of the denmark defenders for which he got a yellow card which IMO deserve more than 3 games suspension

anyway guys dont get upset, as i said before, italy under Trap is crap
and dont even think about passing the 2nd round in case we qulaified which i highly doubt it even in the presence of 11 Tottis

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

yeah,but he is a great football player
I would rather go out with dignity, then play disgustingly like he does to take us through to the next round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)