[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (4 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The only reason Gomez and Higuain moved to Italy imo is because no top teams wanted them. Higuain imo is overrated as $#@! and Gomez, while being amazing at what he does, is a poacher and not many teams want them as starters.
Gomez himself said that he had an offer from Real Madrid but he wanted only Fiorentina. he even said that he was surprised how good their project is and that its a pleasure to him to be part of it...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Gomez himself said that he had an offer from Real Madrid but he wanted only Fiorentina. he even said that he was surprised how good their project is and that its a pleasure to him to be part of it...
But, but Serie A is feeder league.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino[RUS];4560329 said:
serie a sucks, even celtic could win it for 3 times in a row
:agree: We shouldn't celebrate next scudetto. Winning such a poor league is no achievement at all.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
In other words, he will have no competition on his place in Fiorentina. Where in Real Madrid he would have to fight for a starting place.
Gomez would eat Benzema alive. There would be no competition between those two.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Gomez is the better player. you probably forgot what a beast he was for Bayern, especially in the CL...
Dont be ridiculous.An argument can be made for Gomez being the better goal-scorer but when we're talking in this context i.e when he has to to fight out with Benzema at Madrid,Benzema would be chosen ahead of him all day.
Gomez doesnt fit Madrid's playstyle or system.He's a prolific striker but he's literally a donkey where his linkups and general play is poor and compare this to Benzema and there is stark difference between the two.Benzema is a sort of a false 9 in Madrid's system and he will have the duty of assisting and linkup too something Gomez is very poor at.
Beast in CL ? He missed almost the entire CL campaign and eventually even got benched by Mandzukic but he scored 1 goal against Barca and suddenly he's this CL beast.I know you two are desperately trying to win an argument here but no need to go to such biased extents.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Gomez is the better player. you probably forgot what a beast he was for Bayern, especially in the CL...
Fantastic finisher, one of the best in today's game. Remeber that perfect control with his right foot and excellent finish vs us in the EL. And he was semi-injured.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
You have WC finisher on one side, player capable of scoring with blindfold and then you have lazy, needs dozens of chances to hit the goal striker on the other side. Take a pick.
A player capable of scoring with blindfold who missed a ton of chances against Madrid in the semi(2012) and Chelsea in the final.Yeah, i remember that very well.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Dont be ridiculous.An argument can be made for Gomez being the better goal-scorer but when we're talking in this context i.e when he has to to fight out with Benzema at Madrid,Benzema would be chosen ahead of him all day.
Gomez doesnt fit Madrid's playstyle or system.He's a prolific striker but he's literally a donkey where his linkups and general play is poor and compare this to Benzema and there is stark difference between the two.Benzema is a sort of a false 9 in Madrid's system and he will have the duty of assisting and linkup too something Gomez is very poor at.
Beast in CL ? He missed almost the entire CL campaign and eventually even got benched by Mandzukic but he scored 1 goal against Barca and suddenly he's this CL beast.I know you two are desperately trying to win an argument here but no need to go to such biased extents.
When you have Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo playing behind you, you need to finish off the chances these guys create and we're talking about crapload of these. I've seen plenty of games of Madrid and Benzema would miss abundance of absolute sitters. Crap striker. Overrated and Madrid will probably look to get rid of him this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

A player capable of scoring with blindfold who missed a ton of chances against Madrid in the semi(2012) and Chelsea in the final.Yeah, i remember that very well.
His goalscoring record speak for itself, no need to single out few games.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
When you have Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo playing behind you, you need to finish off the chances these guys create and we're talking about crapload of these. I've seen plenty of games of Madrid and Benzema would miss abundance of absolute sitters. Crap striker.
And Gomez hasnt ? Common dude,he missed sitters in some of the most important games.He's literally been like Germany's Higuain.And what about his support cast at Bayern ? Ribery,Robben,Kroos,Lahm,Schweini,i could go on.

For me there's no doubt on who's the better 'player' between the two.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
what you refuse to remember is that he scored 12 goals the season before in the CL. when was the last time someone has done that, bar Messi/Ronaldo? you also forget that he was injured for most part of the 1st half of 2012/13 season, which Mandzukic used perfectly and got in the starting 11. and besides that, when he recovered form injury, he still scored tons of goals whenever he was used and was their 2nd goalscorer just behind Mandzukic who also played a lot more. and how do you know he wouldnt fit into Reals system? they wanted to buy him, for what if he doesent fit them? for fun? Ancelotti wanted him, otherwise they woudlnt offer for him. they offered more than Fiorentina and he refused to join them. he is definetly a better player than Benzema and he has shown that on the field in the last few seasons...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
His goalscoring record speak for itself, no need to single out few games.
Tell me why he was benched for Mandzukic then..

It just cant be the injury excuse.Its because Mandzukic fitted the system better,it was also no surprise Bayern's counter attacking drastically improved with Mandzukic than with Gomez.

- - - Updated - - -

what you refuse to remember is that he scored 12 goals the season before in the CL. when was the last time someone has done that, bar Messi/Ronaldo? you also forget that he was injured for most part of the 1st half of 2012/13 season, which Mandzukic used perfectly and got in the starting 11. and besides that, when he recovered form injury, he still scored tons of goals whenever he was used and was their 2nd goalscorer just behind Mandzukic who also played a lot more. and how do you know he wouldnt fit into Reals system? they wanted to buy him, for what if he doesent fit them? for fun? Ancelotti wanted him, otherwise they woudlnt offer for him. they offered more than Fiorentina and he refused to join them. he is definetly a better player than Benzema and he has shown that on the field in the last few seasons...
Whatever...

But Gomez wouldnt start over Benzema at Madrid.Thats my argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)