[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (7 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So Barca-Real next year for the title, after short intermission this year. Atleti will be significantly weaker, can't see neither them or Sevilla being able to keep their best players, we'll see how god will Valencia be; pretty much it's LOLiga.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So Barca-Real next year for the title, after short intermission this year. Atleti will be significantly weaker, can't neither them or Sevilla being able to keep their best players, we'll see how god will Valencia be; pretty much it's LOLiga.
Where unlike Serie A you know it'll be just us. There's even better competition in Ligue 1. We had an advantage of 17 points on the second placed record breaking Roma FFS. :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
its not record breaking, Milan had 88 in 2005 or 06 and if you look at other leagues 2nd placed clubs: EPL Liverpool 84, La Liga Barcelona 87, Ligue One Monaco 80, BL Dortmund 71 (in 34 games) and Roma had 85. if you also know that Roma was leading the table for almost half a season and that we secured our title with just 3 games to play then yeah, it is competitive. its more competitive than the Ligue 1 and the BL for sure and (normally) than the La Liga. but i dont expect someone like you to understand this. you just see 17 points advantage and think "look how shit this league is"....

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Where unlike Serie A you know it'll be just us. There's even better competition in Ligue 1. We had an advantage of 17 points on the second placed record breaking Roma FFS. :lol:
It'll be a lot more interesting next year, this season was anomaly. Milanese clubs can't stay in the dark for too long, both will be much better next year, then you'll have established Roma and Napoli, the likes of Fiorentina, etc... Serie A will be entertaining again, while the other clubs in LOLiga with current distribution of TV money can't offer much, unless they catch a lucky break, like Atleti this season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
its not record breaking, Milan had 88 in 2005 or 06 and if you look at other leagues 2nd placed clubs: EPL Liverpool 84, La Liga Barcelona 87, Ligue One Monaco 80, BL Dortmund 71 (in 34 games) and Roma had 85. if you also know that Roma was leading the table for almost half a season and that we secured our title with just 3 games to play then yeah, it is competitive. its more competitive than the Ligue 1 and the BL for sure and (normally) than the La Liga. but i dont expect someone like you to understand this. you just see 17 points advantage and think "look how shit this league is"....
It is record breaking for them. And it's funny to hear you say Roma possessed any sort of threat to us.

It'll be a lot more interesting next year, this season was anomaly. Milanese clubs can't stay in the dark for too long, both will be much better next year, then you'll have established Roma and Napoli, the likes of Fiorentina, etc... Serie A will be entertaining again, while the other clubs in LOLiga with current distribution of TV money can't offer much, unless they catch a lucky break, like Atleti this season.
The other clubs in LOLiga with current distribution of TV money are already offering much, much, much more than all of the Italian teams. You are either very biased or you have no idea what you're talking about, but I think it's the former.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The other clubs in LOLiga with current distribution of TV money are already offering much, much, much more than all of the Italian teams. You are either very biased or you have no idea what you're talking about, but I think it's the former.
You're holding onto one season, while this kind of superiority that we've showed is very rare. There are lot more tradition in Italy, where 5-6 clubs that I mentioned are consistently close to the top. In Spain clubs like Valencia or Sevilla may one season be among challengers, but next year they are bound to lose best players and struggle to make an impact, simply because of a huge gap in finances between Barcelona, Real and the rest of the league. Barca and Real can raid other clubs and lure their best players, but we can hardly sign best players from Fiorentina or Napoli, not to mention Milan or Inter.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You're holding onto one season, while this kind of superiority that we've showed is very rare. There are lot more tradition in Italy and 5-6 clubs that I mentioned are consistently close to the top. In Spain clubs like Valencia or Sevilla may one season be among challengers, but next year they are bound to lose best players and struggle to make an impact, simply because of a huge gap in finances between Barcelona, Real and the rest of the league. Barca and Real can raid other clubs and lure their best players, but we can hardly sign best players from Fiorentina or Napoli.
It's not just one season and next season will most probably be the same again. The gap between us and the others is too big, and until Milan and Inter improve again, we'll keep on seeing the same level of league.

You just named our 2 most hated teams. Every Serie A minnow basically has a youth player of ours plus we buy a lot of players from Udinese, Lazio and co. With your reasoning I could have named Athletic Bilbao in La Liga.

Plus you're also forgetting the fact that to prove how much La Liga consists of strong squads, their European success shits all over the Italians'.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
One only needs to look at the history of winners to realize the difference between Italian and Spanish top flight.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's not just one season and next season will most probably be the same again. The gap between us and the others is too big, and until Milan and Inter improve again, we'll keep on seeing the same level of league.

You just named our 2 most hated teams. Every Serie A minnow basically has a youth player of ours plus we buy a lot of players from Udinese, Lazio and co. With your reasoning I could have named Athletic Bilbao in La Liga.

Plus you're also forgetting the fact that to prove how much La Liga consists of strong squads, their European success shits all over the Italians'.
And this is the difference, as these clubs have enormous potential and aspiration for the biggest titles. Occasionaly Juve, Milan or Inter will face a rough patch, but they always bounce back. They have huge foreign fan base, rich history and more money than all other clubs in Spain, apart from Barca and Real. Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma and Napoli add another dimension and make this competition historically more relevant.

I'm not denying Spanish recent success and kudos to them.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #36
    I think Serie A is really, really weak at the moment. But it does have potential to be great.

And even at this point IMO it's the most enjoyable league to watch without a doubt. Although I enjoy watching Dortmund, sometimes Real, and ex-Bayern.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    And this is the difference, as these clubs have enormous potential and aspiration for the biggest titles. Occasionaly Juve, Milan or Inter will face a rough patch, but they always bounce back. They have huge foreign fan base, rich history and more money than all other clubs in Spain, apart from Barca and Real. Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma and Napoli add another dimension and make this competition historically more relevant.

I'm not denying Spanish recent success and kudos to them.
    You mention those teams and forget that there are teams like Seville, Valencia and Bilbao. Currently they are miles ahead of those teams you just mentioned. I'll live the past for you, but the present and future is much more promising for those teams than freaking Lazio.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    You mention those teams and forget that there are teams like Seville, Valencia and Bilbao. Currently they are miles ahead of those teams you just mentioned. I'll live the past for you, but the present and future is much more promising for those teams than freaking Lazio.
    Sevilla, Valencia and Bilbao are miles ahead of Roma, Fiorentina or Napoli? That doesn't make much sense. If you're referring to Milanese clubs, than it's ridiculous to compare them with these.

Future of those Spanish clubs is losing their best players to Madrid and Barca.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009
    Sevilla, Valencia and Bilbao are miles ahead of Roma, Fiorentina or Napoli? That doesn't make much sense. If you're referring to Milanese clubs, than it's ridiculous to compare them with these.

Future of those Spanish clubs is losing their best players to Madrid and Barca.
    I wasn't comparing them with the Milanese clubs. So Roma, Napoli and Fiorentina don't sell their stars? They won't sell us their stars because we can't offer much, while Barca and Real can.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    I wasn't comparing them with the Milanese clubs. So Roma, Napoli and Fiorentina don't sell their stars? They won't sell us their stars because we can't offer much, while Barca and Real can.
    Hence my point; the gap is not that significant in Italy and never was. You have traditionaly 3 great clubs and 3-4 that are ranked between 4th to 7th place. In Spain you have Barca and Real, while the rest is up for grabbing.

And Sevilla will sell their stars this summer, Atletico as well, and their future won't be so bright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)