[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (5 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It's not about Enrique himself but let it go now.
Barcelona?

Well the same logic applies man.
I went and watched them at Camp Nou just a few weeks ago too, and as I've always said, so long as they keep playing the kind of football they play now, I will always see them as the most entertaining team in European football. I am first and foremost a football fan, I enjoy good football. You're trying to imply that I support them, but I don't. I cheered for Atletico over them last season, and would have this season if Atletico had a chance, but I'll always watch and follow their games, because they entertain me.

- - - Updated - - -

You know it's impossible.
You have something you want to say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Barcelona?

I went and watched them at Camp Nou just a few weeks ago too, and as I've always said, so long as they keep playing the kind of football they play now, I will always see them as the most entertaining team in European football. I am first and foremost a football fan, I enjoy good football. You're trying to imply that I support them, but I don't. I cheered for Atletico over them last season, and would have this season if Atletico had a chance, but I'll always watch and follow their games, because they entertain me.

- - - Updated - - -

The effort you make to explain yourself :sergio:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Barcelona?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but that post wasn't was meant in general.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The effort you make to explain yourself :sergio:
Mate, you're the one that seeks me out every time, and I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and thought you deserved an explanation. Obviously I was wrong. If you're not interested, then don't ask, if you really think about it, it's that simple. But obviously you are interested, and it fuckin aches you so much that you have to bring it up time and time again.

My preferences obviously bother you very much, but you know that's life, not everybody agrees with you.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Barcelona?

- - - Updated - - -

you are asking for trouble tbh :D by that logic you would support tottenham if they played a more pleasing football than arsenal, which would be fine if you didnt identify yourself as an arsenal fan.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
you are asking for trouble tbh :D by that logic you would support tottenham if they played a more pleasing football than arsenal, which would be fine if you didnt identify yourself as an arsenal fan.
Ok, I should have added that none of that applies to Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
anyhoos i understand your position and find it actually pretty sophisticated :D but since i do support an actual big team i can never see myself supporting another big team in europe :p
First of all, I saw the first bolded part coming :D

Second part, neither do I. I can watch and enjoy their football without supporting them. In Spain, I always prefer a team other than the big two to win the league. Not to mention, I was really hoping Bayern would beat them in the semi's.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i see ur point fred.

i used to love watching arsenal play during the henry era, even though i didnt support them.

henry-beergkamp-pires-vieira used to be my favorite players to watch. same with barca because of rivaldo.

doesnt mean i cheeered for them or celerated them winning

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i see ur point fred.

i used to love watching arsenal play during the henry era, even though i didnt support them.

henry-beergkamp-pires-vieira used to be my favorite players to watch. same with barca because of rivaldo.

doesnt mean i cheeered for them or celerated them winning
exactly, not an easy concept to understand for some though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Barcelona?

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I don't particularly like Barca, Bayern, Real, ManU... but I've watched Barca matches for years when they play other big clubs, ever since Ronaldinho. I watched Madrid matches last year under Ancelotti, and way back in the early 00s under Del Bosque (nowhere near as many under Mourinho because I didn't enjoy watching that mess). I watched a lot of Bayern in 2011-13 because that team was a machine and played incredible lightning fast football. ManU in the 2008-2009 era. I didn't cheer for them or support them, but I sure enjoyed watching them play in CL, and against the top teams in their respective leagues.

I love football. I'll always only support/cheer for Juventus to win, but I'm going to watch the matches of clubs that play entertaining/good football also.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You know it's impossible.
You are so damn right, look what happened afterwards :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

exactly, not an easy concept to understand for some though.
It's very easy, I used to enjoy the football that Chelsea played during Mourinho's first spell especially with Drogba and Essien bossing the field. What you don't understand is that I never ever defended them or like you do, defended them at each and every fucking opportunity.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Barcelona?

You're just a fanboy. Atletico was a popular team last season, because they weren't Barcelona or Real. Suddenly they were backed by the greater public. You, being the fanboy you are, immediately switched allegiances and cheered for them.

But get this: they were playing some of the ugliest football ever played.

Your logic doesn't hold up. You just cheer for pretty much anyone. And even if it did hold up, there's a difference between appreciating football and masturbating to the overrated genius that is Pep.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:tup:

I don't particularly like Barca, Bayern, Real, ManU... but I've watched Barca matches for years when they play other big clubs, ever since Ronaldinho. I watched Madrid matches last year under Ancelotti, and way back in the early 00s under Del Bosque (nowhere near as many under Mourinho because I didn't enjoy watching that mess). I watched a lot of Bayern in 2011-13 because that team was a machine and played incredible lightning fast football. ManU in the 2008-2009 era. I didn't cheer for them or support them, but I sure enjoyed watching them play in CL, and against the top teams in their respective leagues.

I love football. I'll always only support/cheer for Juventus to win, but I'm going to watch the matches of clubs that play entertaining/good football also.
+rep.

You are so damn right, look what happened afterwards :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

It's very easy, I used to enjoy the football that Chelsea played during Mourinho's first spell especially with Drogba and Essien bossing the field. What you don't understand is that I never ever defended them or like you do, defended them at each and every fucking opportunity.
I defend everybody, even the players and teams I dislike. But you're an opportunist that selectively chooses the posts that fit your narrative. I could go on and on with examples if you were actually interested in a discussion, but you're not.

You're just a fanboy. Atletico was a popular team last season, because they weren't Barcelona or Real. Suddenly they were backed by the greater public. You, being the fanboy you are, immediately switched allegiances and cheered for them.

But get this: they were playing some of the ugliest football ever played.

Your logic doesn't hold up. You just cheer for pretty much anyone. And even if it did hold up, there's a difference between appreciating football and masturbating to the overrated genius that is Pep.
Seven, I'm going to try and break this down into simple parts for you. If you actually bothered to read my posts, you'd have understood, but this is a weekend and I have time on my hands, so I'll humor you and break it down in terms you understand.

First of all, yes Atletico, especially against the top teams, plays an aggressive, defensive minded, counter attacking type of football, not exactly the football I enjoy the most.

Second, I said that I enjoy possession based, attacking football, it's the brand of football I enjoy the most. Barcelona currently are the team who plays that brand of football the most effectively. Hence, I like watching their matches, I watch them almost every week.

Third, when I say I enjoy watching that brand of football, I enjoy it whomever the team that plays it. So for example PSG play that kind of football in France. So I've watched their matches more than any other team in France. If Barcelona start playing like Chelsea do for example, then I'll definitely stop watching them. If PSG start playing like Atletico, then ya, I'll probably not watch them as much.

Fourth, and this is the most important point Seven, so I want you to concentrate as much as you can. The fact that I like a certain style does not equate into supporting the team. It does not mean that I wish that they win, or that I celebrate their victories. So in France, I was hoping Lyon would win the league this season. In Spain, I always wish a team outside the big two wins the Liga.

The main point is: Enjoying the way a certain team plays does not equate to cheering for them, or wishing they win

Please let me know if you have any difficulty in understanding any of that. Plenty of people have already got the point without this over elaborate explanation

- - - Updated - - -

I just noticed Jack gave me a -rep. FFS really man? :lol:

The fact that all this bothers you so much is just so funny :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)