[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2013/2014 (12 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It isn't a pinnacle of anything but for a 20 year old kid to have won 2 state championships, a Libertadores and the Confederations Cup being chosen as the best player in those competitions is a pretty good achievement for what it is.

People seem to forget his age, he did all that at 20 years old. (Actually he had just turned 21 when the CC started but you get my point). :p
Let's say that there were other Brazilian/South American youngsters in the last couple of decades, who won everything on a club level there, but failed to leave their mark in Europe, never quite reached those previous heights. Ortega, touted as Maradona's heir back in the days, after winning Copa Libertadores with River find it extremely difficult to adapt to European football. Diego and Robinho are examples from the recent past, both had won Libertadores, regarded as incredibly talented players, but they as well won't be remembered for anything particular in Europe, rather than being a decent football players. We'll see what Neymar has to offer, but I'm far from impressed for the time being. His diving antics are catching the headlines, rather than a brilliant performances.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nothing wrong with him. They just have many good midfielders. So they have rotated alot between. Benat, San Jose, Mikel Rico, Ander Iturraspe, Ander Herrera and Oscar de Marcos
That is indeed an impressive line up of midfielders. Does San Jose play as a defensive mid these days? I've always known him as a centerback.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

Olivaar

Nov 30, 2013
Let's say that there were other Brazilian/South American youngsters in the last couple of decades, who won everything on a club level there, but failed to leave their mark in Europe, never quite reached those previous heights. Ortega, touted as Maradona's heir back in the days, after winning Copa Libertadores with River find it extremely difficult to adapt to European football. Diego and Robinho are examples from the recent past, both had won Libertadores, regarded as incredibly talented players, but they as well won't be remembered for anything particular in Europe, rather than being a decent football players. We'll see what Neymar has to offer, but I'm far from impressed for the time being. His diving antics are catching the headlines, rather than a brilliant performances.

You think so?

Cheng Xiang

Oct 6, 2013
Neymar is a great soccer player, but this dive in Barcelona’s game against AC Milan in the Champions League Wednesday was nothing to cheer about. Apparently the Brazilian star is learning every aspect of the “Barcelona Way” as he went down quickly after running into Milan defender Ignazio.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Neymar at 18yrs old was already the best player of his country (including players playing outside Brazil). He has always been much more complete than Diego and Robinho, at 18 and also today with 21.

Diego and Robinho were hoped to be WC players. Neymar clearly has potential to get the Ballon d'Or.

There's no comparison. His diving is annoying yes, but it's like a snowball - he gets beaten so bad, he dives to provoke the other players.

He's a genious, will be considered one of the best all time in little time. It's definitely NOT just hype.

At 21yrs, he has 46 games for Brazil's professional NT, with 27 goals, 19 assists. It's crazy.

I just think he really needs to get serious rest. He's been playing an absurd amount of games per year, getting beaten a lot. I think he's a bit washed up right now.

If you count his debut in professional stage at 16 and all the games for Brazil NT (professiona, U20, U18, U17, etc), he's been easily playing around 70 games a year since he was 17. He needs to take at least 1 month out. Not gonna happen though.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Neymar at 18yrs old was already the best player of his country (including players playing outside Brazil). He has always been much more complete than Diego and Robinho, at 18 and also today with 21.

Diego and Robinho were hoped to be WC players. Neymar clearly has potential to get the Ballon d'Or.

There's no comparison. His diving is annoying yes, but it's like a snowball - he gets beaten so bad, he dives to provoke the other players.

He's a genious, will be considered one of the best all time in little time. It's definitely NOT just hype.

At 21yrs, he has 46 games for Brazil's professional NT, with 27 goals, 19 assists. It's crazy.

I just think he really needs to get serious rest. He's been playing an absurd amount of games per year, getting beaten a lot. I think he's a bit washed up right now.

If you count his debut in professional stage at 16 and all the games for Brazil NT (professiona, U20, U18, U17, etc), he's been easily playing around 70 games a year since he was 17. He needs to take at least 1 month out. Not gonna happen though.
Some people won't see his potential because they only know him from a few matches here and there. We, as Brazilians, have been following the Brasileirao and the regional cups for decades.

We've been watching this kid since he was 17 years old and know he's the real deal. I said the same about this 16 yo skinny kid named Ronaldo who played for Cruzeiro, we all know what he became.

Btw he scored his first hat trick for Barça today, two of them goals were simply brilliant, especially the 3rd one where he showed the kind of skills we're used to see at the Brasileirao.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Barca signed an 18m sponsorship deal with Intel, for their logo to be put on the INSIDE of the shirt:

The idea is that the logo will be shown when the player lifts their shirt to celebrate a goal, which is odd considering how many refs call that a bookable offense. Does that mean there will be an exception, or do the players just have to accept a yellow card when they score because it gets the club more money? Either way is ridiculous.

Strange thinking how it really wasn't that long ago that there were no sponsors at all on Barca shirts, now there are two (or three if you count Unicef, which isn't a "sponsor" per se). Further example of businessmen & money ruining football.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
It's a worrying trend really, not just with Barca but in general. What's next, sponsorship worked into club crests?

Oh wait, Red Bull has already been doing that in Austria & New York.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It's a worrying trend really, not just with Barca but in general. What's next, sponsorship worked into club crests?

Oh wait, Red Bull has already been doing that in Austria & New York.
can see that happening in epl.
watch city rename themselves to etihad city just to bypass ffp after spending a trillion in the market.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
is lifting your shirt over your head a yellow? i thought you only got that for taking it all the way off.
A couple seasons ago Messi got booked for lifting his shirt to show a message wishing his mother a happy birthday (didn't take it all the way off), and there have been other instances too, so some refs will book you for it at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)