South American Football (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The cause of the accident is very shady.

Believe if you can but.. possibly the plane had an autonomy (fuel storing capacity) for 3000km. The traject was of 3000km. When they got there the weather was bad and 4 other planes were waiting to land, and one of them had requested for priority first. The team plane than had to fly around waiting, and then they lacked fuel for the power generator, causing an electric pane.

Un-fucking-believable.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
One of the confirmed dead, and probably the only player you people in Europe might remember is Cleber Santana who played for Atl Madrid in that Forlan-Aguero team.... So sad, man. This is like Senna in 94' all over again. :cry:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
The whole story is so bizarre. Club recents years, airplane company, airport situation, it's way too much. Praying for everyone who love this club in anyway for any reason and crossfinger for a proper Fifa and conmebol respond to their families.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Horrific news. How can you even process this? So many were so young.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...pecoense-plane-crash-thiaguinho-father-112916

Come the $#@! on man...

Rest in peace.
His wife is 18.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole story is so bizarre. Club recents years, airplane company, airport situation, it's way too much. Praying for everyone who love this club in anyway for any reason and crossfinger for a proper Fifa and conmebol respond to their families.
Atletico Nacional requested Conmebol to hand the trophee to Chapecoense. Conmebol rejected

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Atletico Nacional requested Conmebol to hand the trophee to Chapecoense. Conmebol rejected
:sergio: So if there was any chances of any monetary compensation from an institution that makes millions out of the hard work of others... I think it's fair to say there are zero posibilitties and all that "let me go there and be with their families" it's only with the intention to take some nice pictures :sergio:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:sergio: So if there was any chances of any monetary compensation from an institution that makes millions out of the hard work of others... I think it's fair to say there are zero posibilitties and all that "let me go there and be with their families" it's only with the intention to take some nice pictures :sergio:
All Atletico Nacional have to do is not turn up and they will forfeit, so Conmebol can stick that up their ass.

What a shame though. It's one of my biggest fears outside of my family, imagine the horror.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Incredibly sad about this, actually it's got to me real bad knowing how far they have come, seriously such a sad way to end a fairy tale story.

The goalkeeper Danilo's last words on his deathbed in particular got to me.

"Jesus look after my family and take my breathe fast. Already some of my friends are waiting for me in heaven, they need a goalkeeper there."

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Basically from what I could gather what happened was...

It was a 3k mile trip and the the fuel tank could only hold 10K extra, so the initial plan was to leave from point A, stop half way, re fill the tank at point B and then arrive at point C which was the main destination. It's said they were running late so the captain decided to go from A to C without refueling since there was just about enough fuel to make land. Which was obviously a big fucking risk he chose to take.

By the time they got there they were running on fumes pretty much. He contacted air traffic control and desperately asked permission to land which was denied, there was another plane doing an emergency land and he was told to wait. He ran out of fuel and that led to an electronic failure. Then the rest we already know.

Fucking irresponsible motherfucker. There are many people to blame here, the Brazilian federation for allowing the team to leave in those circustances, the air control people for not finding a quick solution to the imediate problem and the fucking pilot, which btw was the owner of the air company.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm watching the "homenaje' they're doing right now at the stadium and man, tears running down my face. What a beautiful thing. Much respect to Colombians for doing this.

It really goes to show that Football is much more than just a sport. It connects people around the world in a way no other 'activity' does.

Disorder

May 20, 2004
Last Sunday I went to Allianz Parque to see my team winning the national league, to celebrate with my friends and other fans. I bought a souvenir there, a personalized cup of that match (just like the one on the pic below), to remind me of that day. Its so weird that less than 2 days after that match the meaning of this souvenir changed so much. Every time I look at it I'll remember that I was lucky enough to watch this Chapecoense team play for the last time. RIP.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Basically from what I could gather what happened was...

It was a 3k mile trip and the the fuel tank could only hold 10K extra, so the initial plan was to leave from point A, stop half way, re fill the tank at point B and then arrive at point C which was the main destination. It's said they were running late so the captain decided to go from A to C without refueling since there was just about enough fuel to make land. Which was obviously a big $#@!ing risk he chose to take.

By the time they got there they were running on fumes pretty much. He contacted air traffic control and desperately asked permission to land which was denied, there was another plane doing an emergency land and he was told to wait. He ran out of fuel and that led to an electronic failure. Then the rest we already know.

$#@!ing irresponsible $#@!. There are many people to blame here, the Brazilian federation for allowing the team to leave in those circustances, the air control people for not finding a quick solution to the imediate problem and the $#@!ing pilot, which btw was the owner of the air company.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm watching the "homenaje' they're doing right now at the stadium and man, tears running down my face. What a beautiful thing. Much respect to Colombians for doing this.

It really goes to show that Football is much more than just a sport. It connects people around the world in a way no other 'activity' does.
What Medellin people did was unforgettable.

And no, only, and absolutely only the pilot is the responsible. The guy murdered 71 people with "intent".

To arrive at his destination with only 10 min left of fuel is completely against the aviation rules. The correct think would have been to immediately call mayday upon his arrival there. They would immediately clean the area up for him and after he landed they would start an investigation on why he was so short on fuel. He and the company would have been pushed by a fine (of possibly 25k dollars), he could have his license suspended, etc. It's a very grave fault.

In order to avoid this, he didn't immediately called emergency. The guy tried to hide the situation as must as he could. He calmly asked for priority instead, in the hope he could land somewhat normally, and an investigation wouldn't be started. He gave no sense of urgency to the controller. Waited till the last 5 minutes and then started desperation mode. Too late.

This is a fucking murderer... because of some money. Unbeliavable. Apparently they didn't stop by Cubija (north of Bolivia) to fuel because it doesn't operate at night. And he didn't stop by Bogota and assumed the risk of going straight.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
What Medellin people did was unforgettable.

And no, only, and absolutely only the pilot is the responsible. The guy murdered 71 people with "intent".

To arrive at his destination with only 10 min left of fuel is completely against the aviation rules. The correct think would have been to immediately call mayday upon his arrival there. They would immediately clean the area up for him and after he landed they would start an investigation on why he was so short on fuel. He and the company would have been pushed by a fine (of possibly 25k dollars), he could have his license suspended, etc. It's a very grave fault.

In order to avoid this, he didn't immediately called emergency. The guy tried to hide the situation as must as he could. He calmly asked for priority instead, in the hope he could land somewhat normally, and an investigation wouldn't be started. He gave no sense of urgency to the controller. Waited till the last 5 minutes and then started desperation mode. Too late.

This is a fucking murderer... because of some money. Unbeliavable. Apparently they didn't stop by Cubija (north of Bolivia) to fuel because it doesn't operate at night. And he didn't stop by Bogota and assumed the risk of going straight.
Yeah. That greedy motherfucker has everybody's blood in his hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the time for this stupid Indio shit. It wasn't funny before and it certainly isn't now.

What the Colombian people did as a tribute to the people who died was unbelievably beautiful and memorable. I'll always have the deepest respect for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)