South American Football (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
OK. so when clausura starts are the teams starting again from zero or is the season continuing like in those european leagues? and are those considered official titles?
Points, start from zero yes, but it is the return leg of the apertura, meaning the home game become the away ones and vice versa. A lot of people are against this system and change is coming I'll post details of it later

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
it somehow sounds italian to me :D

btw. how is Pochetino pronounced (the guy we signed)? he is of italian roots but i think in Argentina they read ch different than in Italy. so does his "ch" sound like Chiellini or like Demichelis?

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Bro, remember FIFA's first World Club competition in 2000? How a Vasco with Romário, Edmundo and Juninho absolutely trashed that classic Manchester United team that won the CL a year before? Corinthians and Vasco were the only teams representing SA and what a lesson they gave everybody else.

Remember that classic Bergkamp goal against Newcastle (I think)? Amazing, sure. But it was more luck than anything, he clearly didn't mean to do that. Still amazing, of course. Now Edmundo on the other hand meant it.

Meanwhile Real Madrid's defence was dealing with this little guy:

Apart from early to mid 00's Boca, those were the last 2 top SA teams to date. What i call O último suspiro do futebol Sulamericano.

- - - Updated - - -

no primera till february :sad:
@X

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
SA football was still so good around the turn of the century. So many damn good players remained in those leagues, or returned to them before they had already become senior citizens. It was awesome to see them competing with and beating the European elite.

Sometimes I wish some Qatari princes or Russian billionaires would buy a few teams from down in SA and return those leagues to relevance. A Club World Cup that was competitive each year would be awesome.

That Intercontinental Cup way back when was so good. Estudiantes absolutely mangling the Milanese in the home leg they played in 1969. There's a video of the match on Youtube. Brutal. :lol:

Or the 1980s where SA teams won all but three editions. The 1985 Juventus-Argentinos Juniors match, 2-2, won with penalties by Juve.

And then 96, the 1-0 Juve win over River, with DPs goal in the 81st minute to win the match. :heart:

Sao Paulo's back to back wins over Barca 2-1, and Milan 3-2 in 92 and 93. Müller scoring the winning goal in the 88th minute against Milan.

So good. Where'd you go SA football :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)