South American Football (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What if they do the tournament in parts ?
That's what I was thinking. Group stages would be set geographically. The further you advance then the further the teams are. Maybe the final stages can be completed after the national leagues have been completed.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, like knockouts to be done in the same country, wich changes each year

50% revenue to hosting stadium, 25% to each club that played there

- - - Updated - - -

OR....

......Just play every game in Mexico :D

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
It sounds interesting as a concept, but should be totally dead in the water no matter how good it pays for one simple reason, will quote someones comment under the article:

Thats sick and logistically impossible headache to travel between two huge continents :D
A friend of mine and I have been discussing this idea since last year and we thought maybe a hosting city/country could be the answer to that problem.

Travel distances would be crazy otherwise. Imagine someone going from Argentina's La Plata to Seattle. That's a 15h+ flight right there :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Trouble with Hosting country is you would make EVERYONE but that country/continents team travel long anyways, and just hosting smacks of a small tourno, not a year long competition.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
That's what I was thinking. Group stages would be set geographically. The further you advance then the further the teams are. Maybe the final stages can be completed after the national leagues have been completed.
That's a good idea.

But i mean, this guy is a business man. I'm sure he thought the travel logistics problem over before deciding he wants to do it.

Let's see what his plans are.

- - - Updated - - -

"Silva says that precautionary measures are already being put in place to ensure teams are not worn down in the trips across continents. The plan would see teams travel cross-continent no more than two or three times each year, helping to ease the load of thousands of miles of flights."

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, i'm a bit washed up today and forgot about geography, but this guy didnt

- - - Updated - - -

"Silva says that precautionary measures are already being put in place to ensure teams are not worn down in the trips across continents. The plan would see teams travel cross-continent no more than two or three times each year, helping to ease the load of thousands of miles of flights."
interesting

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This has to happen if SA Football intends to stay alive. Conmebol and Concacaf as one American continental tournament. :

Silva, president and founding partner of media rights firm MP & Silva, revealed to SBI on Wednesday that there are wheels spinning on a potential “Americas Champions League”, a competition that would feature the best teams from North, Central and South America.

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/08/beginning-americas-champions.html

@Zacheryah @Hustini @zizinho @Osman @adRHCP @JuveJay @Mark @Bjerknes @Trequartista @igortudor @DAiDEViL

Please, check it out. What are your thoughts about it?
i think its a fantastic idea. would certainly increase the competitiveness in both federations and could reduce the gap to Europe if USA takes this seriously and starts investing more into football. if it would inspire the US to invest more into football, have better broadcasting, make better sponsorship deals etc., this could become one amazing project.

there are some problems though, like huge distances between some cities, which could be solved by making each group (im assuming it would have the same format as the European CL) play in a host city. but if it is played in host cities, when is it gonna be played, because the season is ongoing and it would be hard to fit in 6 games in the middle of the season with the national leagues etc. it could also be solved by grouping teams on regional basis, which would make teams closer to each other playing in same groups, but that would go against the main idea behind this, which is making teams from USA compete against South American teams. another thing is the financial gap between USA and the rest. in the beginning it should be no problem since the SA teams have more quality, but in the future it might present a problem (IF the US take this seriously like i said above). imagine the most talented young SA players going to USA instead of Europe...

as i said, the idea is fantastic, id love to see such a league, but im still not convinced it would work so well. looking forward to see how these issues are gonna get solved, if this league ever lives.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Looks like a devaluated Copa Lib. US banana teams can go fuck themselves
bigger(richer) market, the problem with south america is that teams cant have continuity since all their prized jewels are snatched sometimes before they even blossom. If this competition could mean that the bocas, santos, and sao paulos of the continent could stave off interest from minnows like udinese im all for it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
bigger(richer) market, the problem with south america is that teams cant have continuity since all their prized jewels are snatched sometimes before they even blossom. If this competition could mean that the bocas, santos, and sao paulos of the continent could stave off interest from minnows like udinese im all for it.
So what would happen if they didn't sell them? What would their finances look like?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
This has to happen if SA Football intends to stay alive. Conmebol and Concacaf as one American continental tournament. :

Silva, president and founding partner of media rights firm MP & Silva, revealed to SBI on Wednesday that there are wheels spinning on a potential “Americas Champions League”, a competition that would feature the best teams from North, Central and South America.

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2015/08/beginning-americas-champions.html

@Zacheryah @Hustini @zizinho @Osman @adRHCP @JuveJay @Mark @Bjerknes @Trequartista @igortudor @DAiDEViL

Please, check it out. What are your thoughts about it?
DO IT!

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
Looks like a devaluated Copa Lib. US banana teams can go fuck themselves
Libertadores is worth a bag of farts when its organized by a bunch of cockroaches nowadays that the sooner its gone, the better. There's much more value in this that on that corrupted and decadent league.

well for one, the competition would be enriched by better quality players, and for 2 they would be the ones selling alexis sanchez to barcelona for 40 mil
:agree:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just do what they do with the Asian Champions League - regionalise (CONMEBOL & CONCACAF) the group stage and early knock-outs and then go trans-continental for the later knock-out stages (AFC does it from the semis).

In AFC at that stage you could have Tehran to Tokyo (12+ hours), or even Amman to Sydney (18+ hours).

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Calleri wants to play in Italy... but at Inter:

"I have three more years contract with the club. In the future I would get to the Italian League, resembles my style of play. My desire is to play at Inter Milan. "

:inter:

Tevez needs to talk some sense into this boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)