[South America] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
# 57'SAVE! Costa Rica give the ball away, Forlan drives to the edge of the box and shoots low and the keeper dives to his right and pushes the effort wide.
# 52'HUGE CHANCE! A cross us hung up in the six-yard box,. Eguren climbs unopposed and must score but somehow heads his effort wide. I'm not quite sure how he missed.
# 46' BIG CHANCE! Costa Rica make a rapid start, Bolanos hangs a cross up to the far post but the shot is weak.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
# GOAL URUGUAY! The substitute has done it and sends the Centenario wild. Just a few minutes after coming on, Abreu climbs high to nod home a cross from eight yards.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think Uruguay will be a better team in the WC than Costa Rica would have been, good to see them get through even though I still think its unfair that South America has 5 teams in the WC

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I think Uruguay will be a better team in the WC than Costa Rica would have been, good to see them get through even though I still think its unfair that South America has 5 teams in the WC
You think they should have less? Who should get those places instead?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Just out of curiosity, why do so many folks want Uruguay in there? Just because they have history, or because they have better players, or because folks hate CONCACAF?

Much rather see an underdog like CR go.

And if it was Mexico vs. Bolivia, I wouldn't root for the CONCACAF team, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)