[South America] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
No case? The whole thing is on video and dozens of news networks around the world, that case was closed before the trial even began
On what grounds can FIFA interfere here?

The journalists are free to sue Diego and only the court can punish him if he's found guilty. FIFA can not punish him.

It would've been different if he said that to the referee during a match, but how on earth can FIFA punish him for insulting the journalists?

If Maradona makes a video where he tells his wife "Suck my dick" and if it goes public, can FIFA punish him for that? It's the same case with the journalists.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

The journalists are free to sue Diego and only the court can punish him if he's found guilty. FIFA can not punish him.

It would've been different if he said that to the referee during a match, but how on earth can FIFA punish him for insulting the journalists?

If Maradona makes a video where he tells his wife "Suck my dick" and if it goes public, can FIFA punish him for that? It's the same case with the journalists.
You and Deneb do not understand what I am trying to say, I am not saying Diego should have been punished. I am a firm believer in freedom of speech no matter how pathetic it is, what I have a problem with is Deneb claiming that this would happen only to Diego and not any other coach.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

thank you for putting it so clearly

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

What if Ferrara said this after a Juve match?

The FIGC could, and would, punish him.

But lets have a free for all. Hopefully next time Maradona will say he'll rape some journalist's mother, wife and children.

It's not like the guy couldn't get more classless off a football pitch anyway.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Perfectly said, wanted to add something earlier but you said it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)