[South America] 2010 World Cup qualifying thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You do realize though that Costa Rica had the best records against Mexico and the US out of our Federation, right?

They do well against the big teams and under pressure.

And dare I say it, Uruguay is the more boring of the two.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Just out of curiosity, why do so many folks want Uruguay in there? Just because they have history, or because they have better players, or because folks hate CONCACAF?

Much rather see an underdog like CR go.

And if it was Mexico vs. Bolivia, I wouldn't root for the CONCACAF team, that's for sure.
Because they have a decent team, history (the only other SA team besides Arg and Bra to have won wc). And because they missed last wc.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Who cares about history. If that's all that matters then just give a free pass to anyone who has won the cup before.

Actually, this is another thing that pisses me off about Euro fans.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But remember, Costa Rica gave a spark to that first game against Germany in 2006.
You do realize though that Costa Rica had the best records against Mexico and the US out of our Federation, right?

They do well against the big teams and under pressure.

And dare I say it, Uruguay is the more boring of the two.
You are both right about those instances and that was why I included the word "probably" in my post, in fact it was the keyword.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Personally I don't think history has anything to with it, looking at both teams current squads I stand by my earlier post of "probably" being more entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)