Seven in the USA (4 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #70
    Kind of defeats the purpose to go to Vegas if you're with your woman tho. :D
    It's just the starting point of our trip. Will be cool to see it though I guess. Yellowstone and Zion seem to offer the best sights from what I've gathered so far. Any advice on food and motels or campings? We don't need much luxury as long as it's safe.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #72
    Las Vegas is bullshit. It's cool enough, but a fucking logistics disaster.
    So, another week and a half and I'll be there. How is driving through Las Vegas? Has anyone of you Americans on this forum ever driven in Europe? Is it similar? I've heard people who have driven in Europe and America that I shouldn't worry, but Vegas is still a big city. I know I have driven in Italian and French cities (the French are really fond of roundabouts yet always seem to crash into each other on them) and so I expect that not being surrounded by invisible small cars and vespas should make things easier for me, but I'm a bit worried about the different driving culture.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Well, I finally did it. Booked tickets to Vegas this Summer with my girlfriend. I'll be making a roadtrip all the way up to Canada. Things I have to see? I'll probably take US Route 89, as it goes through lots of national parks. I have done a lot of roadtrips in Europe on awful roads and difficult traffic (think Italy in particular) so I don't really think the driving itself will be that big of a problem, but advice is always good.
    Very cool have a safe and fun trip. You will see some amazing parks

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    So, another week and a half and I'll be there. How is driving through Las Vegas? Has anyone of you Americans on this forum ever driven in Europe? Is it similar? I've heard people who have driven in Europe and America that I shouldn't worry, but Vegas is still a big city. I know I have driven in Italian and French cities (the French are really fond of roundabouts yet always seem to crash into each other on them) and so I expect that not being surrounded by invisible small cars and vespas should make things easier for me, but I'm a bit worried about the different driving culture.
    You'll probably be alright. Just take extra care until you get used to things. Driving in the "country" is easy.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #78
    You'll probably be alright. Just take extra care until you get used to things. Driving in the "country" is easy.
    I hope so. I remember last year well. We arrived in Corsica (which has some of the worst roads in the mountains I have ever seen and I loved it :D), drove my car of the boat, saw the first roundabout and I saw a French car, who was completely in the wrong, demolishing a Belgian car in front of me. Still, the French are probably the most retarded drivers on the planet. From what I hear Americans are generally safe and very polite.

You can imagine though that it's a bit stressful to drive through a big American city the first day I'm there. Perhaps it's not quite like asking an American to drive through Palermo on the first day, but on some level they compare.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I hope so. I remember last year well. We arrived in Corsica (which has some of the worst roads in the mountains I have ever seen and I loved it :D), drove my car of the boat, saw the first roundabout and I saw a French car, who was completely in the wrong, demolishing a Belgian car in front of me. Still, the French are probably the most retarded drivers on the planet. From what I hear Americans are generally safe and very polite.

You can imagine though that it's a bit stressful to drive through a big American city the first day I'm there. Perhaps it's not quite like asking an American to drive through Palermo on the first day, but on some level they compare.
    City driving tends to be a little more aggressive. Vegas isn't like driving through NYC or Philly.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #80
    City driving tends to be a little more aggressive. Vegas isn't like driving through NYC or Philly.
    Which is good? I have no clue really. I just suppose NYC is the worst.

---------- Post added 21.06.2012 at 15:31 ----------

I understand but how long are you going to stay in USA. I will check after work where you going all in Usa.
    Ik ben niet zeker of ik je vraag helemaal heb begrepen :D. Ik vertrek over een week en dan ben ik er ongeveer drie weken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)