Seven in the USA (12 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Well.. I had a lot of fun. I've seen a lot of great sights and met a lot of great people. Nevertheless.. I think I'd go insane if I lived there on a permanent basis. Keep in mind though that I mostly saw Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. And don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good things in the US that we don't have over here. The obesity was less bad than I expected. It was bad, but I was prepared for it. What I wasn't prepared for was the obsession with health in supermarkets. Every product seems to be free of fat and full of vitamins, antioxidants and the new magic word 'protein'. It took me two weeks to find chocolate milk that wasn't fat free. When you couple this with the paradox that a lot of people are clearly not in good health it becomes very confusing.

And there was more that confused me. CNN, and to be fair most news networks, were almost ridiculous in their reporting of the James Holmes case. But then you also have a guy like the dad of Alex Teves, who comes with the most touching and intelligent plea to change social behaviour so that murderers do not get all the fame.

Most of all though it's a big, big country. And the differences between states and the people from them were bigger than I had imagined.

:) thats it, no way monolithic

---------- Post added 26.07.2012 at 16:58 ----------

and who was I planning to pay a visit to in Chicago?
chicago is still home, you can still visit me there :)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #144
    :) thats it, no way monolithic

---------- Post added 26.07.2012 at 16:58 ----------

chicago is still home, you can still visit me there :)
    By the way, this may sound harsh, but: Americans have no class whatsoever. Everything is tacky. Don't get me wrong, there are great people out there. But everything is in your face, bling, outspoken.. Now you'd think I like that and up to a certain extent I do. But at times it's a bit much. I saw a guy marry in t-shirt and shorts under the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign and that is just.. awful.

---------- Post added 28.07.2012 at 13:45 ----------

I've always wanted to check out Yellowstone.

Good to hear you had fun, Seven.
    Go for it. Yellowstone is amazing. The only thing that bugged me was when I was in a buffalo traffic jam for the fifteenth time. They're great animals and all, but it does become annoying.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    By the way, this may sound harsh, but: Americans have no class whatsoever. Everything is tacky. Don't get me wrong, there are great people out there. But everything is in your face, bling, outspoken.. Now you'd think I like that and up to a certain extent I do. But at times it's a bit much. I saw a guy marry in t-shirt and shorts under the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign and that is just.. awful.
    Dumbasses gonna dumbass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)