[Serie A] Verona 2-2 JUVENTUS (Feb. 9th 2014) (17 Viewers)

MoM

• Licht

• Pirlo

• Caceres

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.

shouldline31

May 9, 2012
Deserve draw for Verona.
Bonucci become more and more worst.
Osvaldo played great.

Hopefully Conte learn something from this match and change to back 4, no more Bonucci.
4 - 3 - 1 - 2 or 4 - 3 - 3 will be Good

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Didn't watch the game, but no-one should be surprised that conceding goals from set-pieces has finally cost Juve. They been conceding goals from them for quite a while now.

I believe the issue is that the individual players are not taking the responsibility to go and attack the ball properly to clear the ball.

It's the big guys in the Juve team that need to be doing that: the three centre backs and Pogba (Llorente is different because he is the near-post guy and he does generally do his job there at corners).

At corners the big players seem too happy to merely block the opponent they are marking. That is okay to a point, but if no-one goes to attack the ball, you are risking the ball dropping in a dangerous area and then anything might happen.

At freekicks the problem is different. Juve are not properly committing to a plan for how to defend them. They are hoping to catch people offside, but aren't actually pushing up to make that happen. If they aren't offside, Juve are then in big trouble because they then aren't marking properly and attackers have a clear run to go and meet the ball unchallenged in a dangerous position (think of the save Storari made pushing a header onto the bar against Lazio).

There is no excuse for Juve to be conceding these goals when they have so many big, powerful players in their team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Fucking Peluso and all italian mediocre hacks.
Is the highlighted defender Peluso? Rubbish graphic, he wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball, and it's not his man. No defender steps backward to defend a ball behind him, it's for those who can see the ball to deal with.

First thing, that's a great cross in. We let Verona do that all game. The best thing to do is stop that at source, but second half we never 'bothered' to do it, and gave away stupid free-kicks. Secondly, Ogbonna and Bonucci both don't come across the meet the ball, they stand still. Ogbonna is the assigned defender of that zone, but Bonucci could also have bailed him out, even if it is unlikely he would have got there first.

The cross makes the goal, but I expect better from us, even if it's just a strong challenge to force a mistake.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Is the highlighted defender Peluso? Rubbish graphic, he wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball, and it's not his man. No defender steps backward to defend a ball behind him, it's for those who can see the ball to deal with.

First thing, that's a great cross in. We let Verona do that all game. The best thing to do is stop that at source, but second half we never 'bothered' to do it, and gave away stupid free-kicks. Secondly, Ogbonna and Bonucci both don't come across the meet the ball, they stand still. Ogbonna is the assigned defender of that zone, but Bonucci could also have bailed him out, even if it is unlikely he would have got there first.

The cross makes the goal, but I expect better from us, even if it's just a strong challenge to force a mistake.
Yeah, that looks to me like the issue is mainly that the attacker goes for the ball with some conviction while Ogbonna is caught flat-footed.

Also, I think Peluso is caught out of position there because he won't have been expecting the Juve defence to drop deep like that when they usually look to hold a higher line.

Probably didn't matter, but the graphic is right in saying Peluso's position is wrong in relation to the rest of the defence.

Barzagli aside, our 3CB defence is very overrated.
Barzagli is very much part of Juve's problem with defending set-pieces.

Defending high balls is undoubtedly the weakest part of his game.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Mainly due to his lack of height, I agree, I'm talking about the defence as a whole. The amount of ridiculous blunders and sloppy defending was there for everybody to see.

At this point i'd rather try a 4-3-2-1 and drop Bonucci than continue with what we're doing now

We're so exposed to counter attacks it's unreal.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
To everyone saying Juve took their foot off the gas and we are far to casual, this has always been the way of italian football. Ac-Milan 2005 is a prime example letting Liverpool back into the game after only 45 minutes. This is an Italian mentality it's nothing new in England they if they can put 10 goals passed u they will fucking do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)