[SERIE A] Sampdoria - Juventus (27th September, 2008) (4 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I was thinking maybe Nedved should adopt to a different role, deeper in midfield. He still has the experience to bring us through difficult matches, but not the drive, skill or explosiveness anymore to force something in the final third. With Camo's poor form yesterday, Ranieri could've opted for this for example:

Sissoko Poulsen Nedved
forward forward Giovinco

Nedved the link between, defence(fullback), midfield and attack.

Make Nedved the vice-Camo. When Camoranesi is in form:

Camoranesi Sissoko Poulsen
forward forward Giovinco

Or Place Giovinco in midfield. When Camo is out, bring in Nedved and go for formation furthest above.

Thx Dom always interestingly your opinion
Negative result it is too result:cookie: :xfinger:
Thank you.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
I was thinking maybe Nedved should adopt to a different role, deeper in midfield. He still has the experience to bring us through difficult matches, but not the drive, skill or explosiveness anymore to force something in the final third. With Camo's poor form yesterday, Ranieri could've opted for this for example:

Sissoko Poulsen Nedved
forward forward Giovinco

forward forward Giovinco

Or Place Giovinco in midfield. When Camo is out, bring in Nedved and go for formation furthest above.

:tup:

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
The main issue here is that Ranieri is clearly not a manager who can provide glory days and scudettos to our beloved Juve.
He can be a gentlemen,but who cares.I do not need a gentlemen but a guy who had mind and balls to push our players up to the limits. and to win games .I would prefer some games to be lost than this recent poor perfomances.
As some of you stated, and I am saying that for a long time,how and by what idiocratic standards he is playing Molinaro over and over again?He is just idiot with this.
His timing about game and tactiscs changes ,sucks so strong that it hurts.
Last game when Catania equilizes he did not put Iaquinta but Tiago and Nedved,to substitute Gio.Idiot.
And most important.Do not let some future wins of Juve to make a different judgementf or him.He is a clear loser.
The thing that hurts me most is that fucking Inter is no way playing so fuckin good to win the scudtto but we are awfull,mediocritets without any determination or creativity.
Believe me,with a coach with guts who can pump our players up to the limits with this team we can win easily the title.But not with this clown.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I also belong to the majority here who think that Giovinco must play.

I did agree with Ranieri's choice at the beginning, and i still think he did right, not to put Seba directly into the fire. Everyone's eyes were on him. Juve fans expected him to be the messiah while the oposition was waiting and hoping for him to fail. The wolves from the media were going to eat him alive and probably label him a flop if he failed.
That's why it was important to find the perfect match where he's going to shine. Home match against Catania was a perfect oportunity and he took it.

Now after the ice is broken, when the boy proved that he can play very well for us and when he's full of confidence, there is absolutely no reason to keep him on the bench.

Watching Nedved is heartbreaking. We all adore him and it hurts to watch him like this. Now i understand Milan fans and Maldini. They all love Maldini, they keep quiet when he makes a mistake (and it happens on every match because he's so slow now), they know he's costing them points but they owe him so much and they don't dare to ask for a change.
Soon enough the same will happen with us and Nedved.

Did you guys like what you saw against Catania when Gio, Del Piero and Amauri played together ? They combined so well and they created chances with ease. Yeah, we won't see that on every match, but do you remember when was the last time Nedved and the two strikers combined so well and created so many chances ?
I believe you don't even remember the last time.

Nedved is trying very hard, we can all see his determination. But one situation from yesterday's match confirmed that he's past it.
I think Del Piero sent a perfect ball for Neddy. If Nedved was 3 or 4 years younger he would have surely found himself one on one with the keeper. This way the defender cleared everything with ease.
He can't outrun and dribble defenders they way Giovinco can. He can't open up spaces and he can't create chances the way Giovinco can.
Giovinco may not be a messiah and he may not beat everyone by himself just yet, but it's painfully obvious that he can offer much more than Nedved.
I agree that Giovinco should start now, every sane Juve fan can see that,
BUT Allen i believe you are ignoring one major fact here,
its Neddy's defensive skills, yes Neddy is packed with determination, excellent long shoot, v.good dribbling, stamina and pace.
His age is keeping him back and he can no longer be the man he once were, most certainly a younger and gifted player like Giovinco can offer offensively more week in week out.
BUT NOT DEFENSIVELY!!!
We have no other option on the left flank who can defend as much and as efficient as Neddy, already having a liability, named Molinaro in our flank,
force us to play with a winger able to cover ground and defend efficiently
and Neddy can still do that with ease, like always,
some ppl always missed that important part of his role in our team and one of the major factor, our 4-4-2 formation is so Neddy dependable.
There was a time we couldnt create $hit without Neddy but at the same time, we couldnt defend properly, esp at the dieing minutes of the game, without him coming back and supporting our defense with those fierce tackles. Most of the ppl only appreciated his flicks and long range goals
but CR, no matter how incomplete he may is as a coach, saw that!
CR fears to field a formation without a two line defensive front.
This is why he always field 2 DMs and 2 wingers with a good enough defensive profile...
I disagree with the shameful and disrespectful preposition you launched
"Neddy is past it", no he is not over!!!
He is still Neddy and he can be the beast he once were, BUT only if he is used properly. Nedved cannot play 90' every 2-3 days anymore and being the same player he once were.
Thats not his fault that CR abuses him, the fans should blame CR here and not our retiring icon. We should use Neddy as Lazio used to use Mancini,like a super sub, even more an occasional super starter,
Neddy isnt finished yet, he can take a full 90' running faster than Molinaro once/week or 2 week, but not every 2-3 days.
We should respect this player more, CR sacrifices his form and ability to go forward, only to help us secure our left flank, because he wants to field his lover (Molinaro). Instead of appreciating Neddy's efforts and sacrifices, we attack him and blaming him our lack of creativity, but this clearly a tactical approach, CR choices he expects from Amauri and DP to do all the creativity and finishing work and thats why he keeps Neddy there, knowing that he wontbe able to deliver offensively.
I ve been saying for a long time and this is why i said that Molinaro is a cancer. Because he is eating our players who stand besides him, along with the damage he inflicts on his sector. A proper cross, would give Neddy a chance to breath normally and a made a run less, a proper defending, would give him the confidence at stay forward and play deeper, without having the need to intercept everything that comes from this side.
Giovinco will also face similar problems, esp because he isnt that "equipped" at the defensive department.
I think you can now further understand the problem i anticipated one year ago...

These problems reflects the existence of Molinaro in our squad and the overall quality of our defenders, everything starts from the defense and this why i insisted to fix this problem first, than investing on a 25mil forward...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we need to take a small gamble somewhere...we are already playing with 2 DMs, and Sissoko covers any gaps extremely quickly and efficiently...sure Neddy may be a better all round player but his role in the side was always to be an attacking player, not to attack and defend throughout the match

alex'10

Sep 17, 2008
Ranieri is a loser - full stop. Does he not realise that if you want to compete for the scudetto, you simply cannot drop points against sides like Catania & Sampdoria in consecutive games. We have dropped 4 points in two games, that is fucking pathetic.

Why would you deploy two defensive midfielders in a must win game? Ranieri had the chance to sign VDV, a creative midfielder, something we are lacking in, but he decides to sign poulsen, a defensive midfielder, when we had already had three defensive midfielders at the club.

The fact is we have a coach is simply loser & Sporting director who is good for nothing, absolutley useless. What is the point in playing two defensive midfielders in the same team? you might aswell play with two Goalkeepers. Ranieri has to go, as does Secco, gigli & blanc, the club is currently purchasing average/mediocre players & settiling for mediocrity.

The club will not win the scudetto or CL this season, due to having a loser as a coach & an imcompetent sporting director - not a good combination. The club should bring in Hiddink & a sporting director with a brain.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Rab, please... Nedved was horrible. He was utter trash.

I love him, but honestly, he needs to go.

Giovinco makes him look like he's on a death bed. There is no argument here - Seba must start because he's better than Nedved at this point.

There is no two ways about it.
Just like Allen mentioned, its just heartbreaking seeing Neddy that way. Its like the last two years took so much from him and many of us here expected that.

imo he should be playing regularly but the way we are playing is not helping at all. All of the games we have played there wasn't a single one that we could just settle down with a two goal lead or where we control the game. That takes a lot from him especially and even from players that are considered workhorses like camo and poulsen.

Just a point i forgot to bring up before. On the 90th minute of the game Neddy blocked a stankeviciues(spelling?) shot at goal. If you look closely and just before he took it while the chance was building, Neddy took a sprint to go there and save the team. That just personifies him as a player, he always gives his best and helps the team in some capacity. Its just a shame the years have passed him by.

Ranieri will take a lot of the blame here, if he doesn't want to play Gio then fair enough. There are many other options that could be used without imbalancing the system i guess. Camo could play on the left and the same goes for marchionni. Neddy still has something to give this team but he needs to be smart about the way he uses him.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
The main issue here is that Ranieri is clearly not a manager who can provide glory days and scudettos to our beloved Juve.
He can be a gentlemen,but who cares.I do not need a gentlemen but a guy who had mind and balls to push our players up to the limits. and to win games .I would prefer some games to be lost than this recent poor perfomances.
As some of you stated, and I am saying that for a long time,how and by what idiocratic standards he is playing Molinaro over and over again?He is just idiot with this.
His timing about game and tactiscs changes ,sucks so strong that it hurts.
Last game when Catania equilizes he did not put Iaquinta but Tiago and Nedved,to substitute Gio.Idiot.
And most important.Do not let some future wins of Juve to make a different judgementf or him.He is a clear loser.
The thing that hurts me most is that fucking Inter is no way playing so fuckin good to win the scudtto but we are awfull,mediocritets without any determination or creativity.
Believe me,with a coach with guts who can pump our players up to the limits with this team we can win easily the title.But not with this clown.
These are obvious things ;)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Oh God, that's really a bad, bad idea. :lol2:

Sissoko Poulsen Nedved
forward forward Giovinco

forward forward Giovinco

That's exactly what I would like to see. That's how we should rotate, not by changing the forwards all the time.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

Sissoko Poulsen Nedved
forward forward Giovinco

forward forward Giovinco

Thank you.
We are on our way to agree completely, a little by little :D

now we agree that Nedved and Giovinco should play the first eleven, and Camo also and I definitely want Sissoko to play behind them. But I want this and I am sure it will work!

----------------------------------------------------De Ceglie-------------

---------------------------Sissoko-----------------------------------------

---------Camoranesi-----------Giovinco-----------------Nedved--------

----------------------Amauri----------------------Iaquinta----------------

May 4, 2004
We are on our way to agree completely, a little by little :D

now we agree that Nedved and Giovinco should play the first eleven, and Camo also and I definitely want Sissoko to play behind them. But I want this and I am sure it will work!

----------------------------------------------------De Ceglie-------------

---------------------------Sissoko-----------------------------------------

---------Camoranesi-----------Giovinco-----------------Nedved--------

----------------------Amauri----------------------Iaquinta----------------
Nedved and Giovinco should swich places there and Neddy needs a more defensive role.. Or bench.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I agree that Giovinco should start now, every sane Juve fan can see that,
BUT Allen i believe you are ignoring one major fact here,
its Neddy's defensive skills, yes Neddy is packed with determination, excellent long shoot, v.good dribbling, stamina and pace.
His age is keeping him back and he can no longer be the man he once were, most certainly a younger and gifted player like Giovinco can offer offensively more week in week out.
BUT NOT DEFENSIVELY!!!
We have no other option on the left flank who can defend as much and as efficient as Neddy, already having a liability, named Molinaro in our flank,
force us to play with a winger able to cover ground and defend efficiently
and Neddy can still do that with ease, like always,
some ppl always missed that important part of his role in our team and one of the major factor, our 4-4-2 formation is so Neddy dependable.
There was a time we couldnt create $hit without Neddy but at the same time, we couldnt defend properly, esp at the dieing minutes of the game, without him coming back and supporting our defense with those fierce tackles. Most of the ppl only appreciated his flicks and long range goals
but CR, no matter how incomplete he may is as a coach, saw that!
CR fears to field a formation without a two line defensive front.
This is why he always field 2 DMs and 2 wingers with a good enough defensive profile...
I disagree with the shameful and disrespectful preposition you launched
"Neddy is past it", no he is not over!!!
He is still Neddy and he can be the beast he once were, BUT only if he is used properly. Nedved cannot play 90' every 2-3 days anymore and being the same player he once were.
Thats not his fault that CR abuses him, the fans should blame CR here and not our retiring icon. We should use Neddy as Lazio used to use Mancini,like a super sub, even more an occasional super starter,
Neddy isnt finished yet, he can take a full 90' running faster than Molinaro once/week or 2 week, but not every 2-3 days.
We should respect this player more, CR sacrifices his form and ability to go forward, only to help us secure our left flank, because he wants to field his lover (Molinaro). Instead of appreciating Neddy's efforts and sacrifices, we attack him and blaming him our lack of creativity, but this clearly a tactical approach, CR choices he expects from Amauri and DP to do all the creativity and finishing work and thats why he keeps Neddy there, knowing that he wontbe able to deliver offensively.
I ve been saying for a long time and this is why i said that Molinaro is a cancer. Because he is eating our players who stand besides him, along with the damage he inflicts on his sector. A proper cross, would give Neddy a chance to breath normally and a made a run less, a proper defending, would give him the confidence at stay forward and play deeper, without having the need to intercept everything that comes from this side.
Giovinco will also face similar problems, esp because he isnt that "equipped" at the defensive department.
I think you can now further understand the problem i anticipated one year ago...

These problems reflects the existence of Molinaro in our squad and the overall quality of our defenders, everything starts from the defense and this why i insisted to fix this problem first, than investing on a 25mil forward...
Agree 100% dude. We have 2 DMCs and Ranieri still needs more players to defend. Molinaro is a cancer you are 100% correct. I haven't seen anything good in him in all the games i ve seen. He only has speed NOTHING else. I can't understand what this player has and Ranieri loves him. Ok let's say that Ranieri loves defending, Molinaro is not goog at defending either...

Everyhting else has a logic in Ranieri's moves. This has not. Ranieri must be either too clever to see something in Moilinaro that we don't or too stupid to wait from him to improve...

When we use him we sacrifice 3 players as Cronios said( DC, Giovinco/Neddy) and Chellini or the defender who plays next to him...

I have a question though. I thought that we bought a DMC in summer ( Poulsen ) and one in January ( Sissoko ) so these 2 can defend and our wingers can go forward and produce some game. So now Ranieri is putting our wingers to attack. So now he have 4 defenders and 2 DMC and 2 wingers to defend and only 2 strikers to attack...

Nice...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)