[SERIE A] Sampdoria - Juventus (27th September, 2008) (6 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
I would not call it a bad start either .. more of an indifferent/poor start to the season. We have not lost a game but we should definitely have won at least 3 games rather than just 2 in Serie A.

Counting the CL though we have 3 wins and 3 draws but have only scored 5 in the 6 if we could notch a few more goals we would be in much better shape. I am surprised by how good the defense has been though .. aside from the howler by Chiellini in the last game.

Mar 30, 2006
I don't think it is because he is afraid I think it is because he thinks the team will sort itself out and that we are not doing that bad but are just unlucky or something. If he was scared I think he would make changes because of all the pressure on him to do so.

I would like us to try a something like this in Midfield:

----Giovinco-----

Momo------Camo--

------Poulsen------

I think that would do really well. Camo does not really hug the wing anyway so he could come further in field and see more of the ball (kinda like Seedord at Milan). Poulsen could close down lanes and sit infront of the defence where he is best and Momo could have more of an ambiguous role where he can cover alot of ground and help our defending and winning the ball but can also go forward if he has space.

Giovinco can be the playmaker right behind the strikers and find space between the opposition midfield and defense which would either cause their mids to drop further back or cause their defenders to step up to close him down and give space to Del Piero and Amauri in attack.

If Camo is not doing a good job then we could move momo to the RCM role and bring Nedved to the LCM and let him do what Camo was doing on the right. I think this would allow us to create alot of chances and shake up our offense without giving too much away defensively as we would always have Momo and Poulsen/Zanetti on the field at all times.

as opposed to a diamond of:
--Giovinco
Ned--------Camo
----Sis/Pol
which would leave us uncovered at the back .. and this is risky epsecially given our sometimes shaky defence.. if we had Cheillini and John Terry or something it would be better buuuuuut. we dont

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Camo is being forced to play like that because of the lack of attacking options in the CMF...Momo can kind of support him and Nedved, whilst Poulsen is almost totally concerned with protecting the defense...Camo has had to work harder than ever for Juve, and he almost always does well, but we have also seen Camo being injured a lot more due to this extra strain

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Juventino[RUS];1756444 said:
I can translate topic only, and translation mean's omg idiot words by Ranieri:

"Giovinco? I was afraid of Pieri" (c) Claudio Ranieri

o_O WTF ?? PIERI WHO ?! :crazy: :( :shifty: :blah: o_O
:sick: :sick: :sick:
WTF?! Is he trying to destroy young people's confidence? It sounds offensive and degrading to me.

Mar 30, 2006
Camo is being forced to play like that because of the lack of attacking options in the CMF...Momo can kind of support him and Nedved, whilst Poulsen is almost totally concerned with protecting the defense...Camo has had to work harder than ever for Juve, and he almost always does well, but we have also seen Camo being injured a lot more due to this extra strain
Giovinco and Camo would work well I think.
and that way Poulsen can keep doing what he is doing infront of our defense because while it may be very droll and lackluster it is extremely effective at preventing goals. Momo can be his dogged self in the mid.

DP would have to come out a bit further wide but it would leave Amauri to work in to box and give Giovinco space.

I really think:

DP-------Amauri
---Giovinco
Momo---Camo
-----Poulsen
DM-Cheil-Leggro-Gryg
------Buffon-------

would solve our problems but it would be at the expense of Nedved

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
and Pieri was the LB...Giovinco would have replaced Nedved on the left side...i think C-Ra has been drinking
Ranieri talked about Giovinco replacing Camoranesi and how he didn't make the substitution because Camoranesi covered the right side of us(meaning the left side of Sampdoria-Pieri) better than Giovinco would.He didn't want to risk to lose the game.

When the journalists said that the positives of that game was the defence,he answered and said how every part of our team was good.That's worrying.

Mar 28, 2007
guys, if you a juventusmember... u can comment on the website.. i just commented on ranieri... and quite a few of them did that too... dammit i'm angry

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Quite a disappointing performance. We are clearly playing not to lose. Perhaps we should tell Ranieri that losing 2 matches and winning one gives us the same number of points as drawing three and playing more adventurously may help to build up confidence in the team if the end result is a win?
I don't agree that a formation change is needed. Coaches have their preferred formations. Mourinho plays with a 4-5-1 that can be slightly adjusted to 4-3-3 but you won't see him changing to a 4-2-4 at any moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)