[Serie A] Palermo 2-0 Juventus, Oct 4th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfaRomeo

Jul 26, 2008
I think that the Ferrara experiment is officially over.

If we continue like this we won't even finish fourth.

Secco and Co. should have chosen Ancelotti, now it's too late...

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Ok where do I start?? I really have no idea..
This has been going for the past few matches now. We do not have an excuse. We do have a decent squad. Maybe not the best in the world, but decent enough to be able to win against a lower side of the table team even if away.

It is difficult to pin point the problem. But a list of problems may be given.

1- Poulsen
2- We cannot play 4-3-1-2 without a CM. We have two CMs in our team: Tiago and Marchisio. If both players are not around then we should play a Diamond 4-4-2:
Melow
camoranesi De Cegli
Diago
Or a flat 4-4-2 if we do not have Diego or Del Piero.
3- You cannot play Iaquinta Trezeguet up front alone. You need someone for the build up. Amauri was a valid option till his recent performances. So basically if Del Piero is not Around, giovinco should step in as an assistant striker.
4- Now putting all 3 forwards together (Iaq, Amauri and Trez) without an assistant striker nor an OM or even a Wing is just plain stupid. Its like giving paralyzed person with heart problems on BP pills megan fox lying on a bed infront of him and asking him to stand up and go do her. it just won't happen.
5- We have a serious problem when Del Piero doesn't play. He is the only player we have who is not a goalkeeper and can carry the team on his shoulders.
6- I think its time for De Cegli to play instead of Grosso as an LB.
7- I won't put ANY blame on Legro and Chiellini because it is really difficult for them to stop a whole team pushing ahead against you. The two goals that went in were not their fault. And during the past games it usually isn't their fault.
8- Ferrara we loved you as a player. You are a legend in our eyes, but you really need to get your shit together because your player career won't vow for your mistakes.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
This has been going for the past few matches now. We do not have an excuse. We do have a decent squad. Maybe not the best in the world, but decent enough to be able to win against a lower side of the table team even if away.

1- Poulsen
2- We cannot play 4-3-1-2 without a CM. We have two CMs in our team: Tiago and Marchisio. If both players are not around then we should play a Diamond 4-4-2:
Melow
camoranesi De Cegli
Diago
3- You cannot play Iaquinta Trezeguet up front alone. You need someone for the build up. Amauri was a valid option till his recent performances. So basically if Del Piero is not Around, giovinco should step in as an assistant striker.
4- Now putting all 3 forwards together (Iaq, Amauri and Trez) without an assistant striker nor an OM or even a Wing is just plain stupid. Its like giving paralyzed person with heart problems on BP pills megan fox lying on a bed infront of him and asking him to stand up and go do her. it just won't happen.
5- We have a serious problem when Del Piero doesn't play. He is the only player we have who is not a goalkeeper and can carry the team on his shoulders.
7- I won't put ANY blame on Legro and Chiellini because it is really difficult for them to stop a whole team pushing ahead against you. The two goals that went in were not their fault. And during the past games it usually isn't their fault.
8- Ferrara we loved you as a player. You are a legend in our eyes, but you really need to get your shit together because your player career won't vow for your mistakes.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

1- Poulsen
Melo
camoranesi De Cegli
Diago​

AlfaRomeo

Jul 26, 2008
I think that the Ferrara experiment is officially over.

If we continue like this we won't even finish fourth.

Secco and Co. should have chosen Ancelotti, now it's too late...

May 22, 2007
Just when we had a glimpse of hope in seeing a performance improvement through Ciro, we lose it with 3 draws and a loss! When are we ever going to play great football? Will we ever see a drubbing like 5-0 or 6-0 from this team? I guess not with performances like this!
And he doesn't know who should be starting.

And what the fuck happened to this forum tonight?

JKane

May 31, 2001
being a good player is one thing, but this is something else. ferrara will have to show that he has got intelligence as well as balls in the coming weeks, that's for sure.

this team never wanted to win, we played like inter before 2006. 11 cowards not worthy of this shirt.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
you guys should really clamp down on that on the live thread and post defeats; its a disgrace since we already have to put up with that from opposing fans
Point taken. I only issued one card.

The live thread churns a lot that it's hard to stay on top of them all. So thanks for your few pointers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Poulsen is a horrible player, Grosso is the best left back to ever stink up the pitch since he won the World Cup diving, Amauri is completely out of sorts, Camo is superman one minute and a complete dunderhead the next, Chiellini begs for a new brain, Legro is the same garbage player he always was. That's the team sheet for you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not about our players not being good. Player by player we're better than Palermo in almost every position.
It had nothing to do with the quality of the players. It had all to do with the indescribable fatigue (pre-summer preparations not being done correctly?) and the tactics that don't seem to work at all.

Imagine being in a quiz and knowing the questions you'll get. You will surely check for the answers and you'll answer them correctly when being asked. I bet that's how Zenga felt tonight. He knew how we'll play, he knew exactly what to expect. So he prepared his team accordingly.
We're waaaaay too predictable. We can't surprise the opponents and when they stop us and plan A doesn't work, we're left without plan B.

Even in the past there were periods when we suffered a lot when we relied on one single player. And that player was none else but Zinedine Zidane. But back then we had Del Piero in top form (the year we didn't have him and we relied on Zidane only, we ended up in Intertoto) and we still had width with Di Livio, Zambrotta etc.

The fucked up part is that now we can't even switch to 4-4-2 and hope for success because we don't have great wingers like we did under Capello and we simply can't keep Diego on the bench.
I seriously have no idea what to do. Maybe we can try 4-4-1-1? Bah, i really have no idea what to do and i fear neither does Ciro.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Poulsen is a horrible player, Grosso is the best left back to ever stink up the pitch since he won the World Cup diving, Amauri is completely out of sorts, Camo is superman one minute and a complete dunderhead the next, Chiellini begs for a new brain, Legro is the same garbage player he always was. That's the team sheet for you.
"If I only had a brain..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)