[Serie A] Palermo 2-0 Juventus, Oct 4th, 2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Secco and Co. should have chosen Ancelotti, now it's too late...
I doubt we could tempt Ancelotti accept our offer instead of those millions he was offered in London. :)

Damn, i just realized that even the best Italian coaches aren't in Italy. Those who won the CL (Trap, Capello, Ancelotti) are in England and Ireland. Lippi is in Italy but with the National team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not about our players not being good. Player by player we're better than Palermo in almost every position.
It had nothing to do with the quality of the players. It had all to do with the indescribable fatigue (pre-summer preparations not being done correctly?) and the tactics that don't seem to work at all.

Imagine being in a quiz and knowing the questions you'll get. You will surely check for the answers and you'll answer them correctly when being asked. I bet that's how Zenga felt tonight. He knew how we'll play, he knew exactly what to expect. So he prepared his team accordingly.
We're waaaaay too predictable. We can't surprise the opponents and when they stop us and plan A doesn't work, we're left without plan B.

Even in the past there were periods when we suffered a lot when we relied on one single player. And that player was none else but Zinedine Zidane. But back then we had Del Piero in top form (the year we didn't have him and we relied on Zidane only, we ended up in Intertoto) and we still had width with Di Livio, Zambrotta etc.

The fucked up part is that now we can't even switch to 4-4-2 and hope for success because we don't have great wingers like we did under Capello and we simply can't keep Diego on the bench.
I seriously have no idea what to do. Maybe we can try 4-4-1-1? Bah, i really have no idea what to do and i fear neither does Ciro.
I find it somewhat amusing people are already asking to revert to the straight 4-4-2, as if it's some sort of savior in the world of football. As if we were some type of world beaters last year, farting around with wingers like Marchionni and a 36 year old Nedved. Oh yeah, we are truly amazing with the straight 4-4-2, and will win the CL with it.

Give me a break.

Mar 14, 2004
Dude,we would have won if there was not Poulsen. Ferrara plays the dude as Gerrard.....but the true is that he stinks,sucks and all of that in the same. The small dane is Shalke capacity and that's it. I couldn't continue counting how many balls did he mispassed and lost today. He's technique is like a chimp trying to be good in Call of Duty game. He tries and he fail every time even more. Doh can't stand him....

Epic fail by our board!

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I'm sad. Really am.

Lets be honest here, and it is painfull, as its much easier to blindly convince ourselves that we are still a top team and dont let our points or standing miss lead us.
We haven't showen any constant sign of good, positive,winning football for almost 4-5 years now, not only this season.
As much as we like to think we are in no better situation then milan is.
The powerfull Juve is gone. I'ts not one element we are missing, its much deeper then that.
We have bad managment, bad coaching staff, weak character players and lost not now but few years ago what made Juve Feared everywhere, we lost our intensity, character and pride. no new tactic will change that.

Don't want to even think about winning something this year, if it will happen it will only make pepole delusional.
We are in the dark ages of this club, the renaissance is yet to come, dont let high profile signings miss lead us.

I'm positive cause a club like Juve wont remain weak for long, but the wait is painfull.

May 22, 2007
I seriously have no idea what to do. Maybe we can try 4-4-1-1? Bah, i really have no idea what to do and i fear neither does Ciro.
That's what I was thinking but it's tough to find a player who would work like Camo on that side. Giovinco doesn't offer as much defensively and the same with De Ceglie going forward.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And i refuse to blame Diego.
I know everybody here expected wonders from him, and he's not performing well right now, but i really feel that even with Messi instead of Diego, we won't do much better. At least not tonight in Palermo.
When the team is set around one player then there will be times when the opponents will stop that player, no matter how good he is. In such situations the team needs the other players to lead the team and do the job.
We seriously don't have such players right now. Our DMCs surely can't do it, Camo is 33, not consistent, Del Piero is out.
Giovinco...?

Diego is a great player, but not someone who can always do everything by himself. Our players must help him and right now i can see only one player in Juve (apart from the injured Del Piero) who has the potential to do it. Seba Giovinco.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Alen makes a good point. Something i also started to think, especially today.

In some ways, this juve plays similarly to Ancelottis Milan (slightly different central midfield partnership) but you can swap Kaka with Diego, 2 forward just like Sheva and Pippo used to. And they won just one Serie A. But where one of the strongest teams in Europe. The only difference, is that we have a true winger in the squad, but he also has been played more central this season.

Never the less. I think we have this problem that indeed we cant really play something else than 4-3-1-2. Unless we make Diego a winger or smth.

Another point, is that we hear people talking about other teams going for the Barca "method" with Guardiola. Just like us getting a new manager who hasnt proven anything. Thing is, Barcelona is just a very talented football club. And you dont have to be a big brain to succeed with that club. I mean the tactics Guardiola uses especially in the starting lineup arent rocket science.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, right. Diego as a left-winger. As if it's not good enough for him to get the ball 50% of the time. We should decrease it by 25% and make him play a spot he isnt used to and has no ability to cross from the left.

Great idea.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I doubt we could tempt Ancelotti accept our offer instead of those millions he was offered in London. :)

Damn, i just realized that even the best Italian coaches aren't in Italy. Those who won the CL (Trap, Capello, Ancelotti) are in England and Ireland. Lippi is in Italy but with the National team.
After Descamps resignation, I always wanted Cesare Prandelli on the bench. he's the best coach in Italy without a doubt.

I still believe in Ciro though. Hope he can learn from this one and stop imitating Ranieri.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I liked the way we played. It build characters.

And let's face it our lost now is good, and it's also better than a lucky win. For the long run.

It show what the team need to fix.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
1.) Our attack was owned countless times by a 20 year old.
2.) When Diego is man marked out of the game we suddenly turn into a 1930's black and white movie with no sound...only blank faces.
3.) Legro is fucking pitiful. I have never seen such shaky legs in my life.
4.) We have too much muscle in our team, not enough brains.
5.) Poulsen should be fined for his lousy performances.
6.) How much money did we spend this summer to prevent exactly what has happened to us in the last 4 games?
7.) Melo and Camo blow hot and cold. You never know which one you will get.
8.) Buffon is being asked far too much, he doesn't deserve the ass raping he has gotten from his defense.
9.) Chiellini as great as he "can be" is an unintelligent ogre of a defender.
10.) when you look at the collective size of Palermo vs our team its like the Adirondacks vs Himalayas...how did we lose the midfieild? How the fuck did we lose anywhere on the entire pitch?
11.) Alen, my man...how many games in the last 3 seasons have we A) Conceded first, and B) Conceded in the first half? Bad combo to have a high number in.
12.) Again, fuck....we are still predictable. I like Alen's analogy to knowing all the answers of a quiz...which is exactly what Zenga did...prepared.
13.) Our coach got outfoxed...again
14.) The only time any player that we bought this summer IMO that has done what we bought them for was Diego against Roma...that is it. Melo:nothing, Canan: injured, Grosso: nothing...
15.) We just got beat by a team that switched to an unheard of formation a day before the game and beat us with it...yet we spend 60m to build a formation and to date can't get it to work. Why? How can a team like Palermo beat a team stacked with great players with a brand spanking new formation that they never played in?
16.) We need to invest heavily in a CB aka KJAER...if we don't launch a serious bid on a kid of his caliber then we are simply retarded. The kid is brilliant and showed it doesn't matter who you put in front of him he will produce good results from a defenders point of view.
17.) I'm sorry, Sissoko will make it tougher for teams to get close to buffon but he isn't the answer to our problems...not by a mile. We still lack creativity.
18.) Our players need to take a long good look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they deserve the pay check they are getting....
19.) Ciro needs...MUST make heads roll in training this week. Poulsen should not even come close to the starting 11 ever again.
20.) What is the whole point of squad rotation when we can't even win or score goals? We are in a desperate situation if we have to keep playing players that don't produce right now like Amauri, Legro, and Poulsen.
21.) Our offense needs to start thinking "outside" the box (not literally) but again, too predictable.
22.) It is pretty clear the IQ/Amauri partner ship does not work.
23.) Why wasn't Trez starting tonight? Someone please answer me that question...
24.) I can't wait to hear Mourinho's response to Ferrara and our loss now. I am sure he is sleeping well now.
25.) I wonder if Baggio still thinks of us as contenders right now.
26.) Hell, even Ranieri is probably sitting at home collecting the rest of his contract from Juve by checking his bank account at home and laughing at us as well.
27.) We look like Real madrid of the last 5 years that bought bought bought and just choked. Worse, we look like Inter of 7 yrs ago that choked everytime they came close to us.
28.) How many times did we give away possession from a bad pass today?
29.) ....For how many DESERVED titles that we have won to show we are no where near the caliber needed to make it 30.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
Yeah, right. Diego as a left-winger. As if it's not good enough for him to get the ball 50% of the time. We should decrease it by 25% and make him play a spot he isnt used to and has no ability to cross from the left.

Great idea.
We should definitely try 4-2-3-1, with Diego, Camo and Giovinco, and subbing the fucking Amauri out.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and the main problem tonight was the midfield. As terrible the defense and the attack was, the midfield made them look even more terrible.
Just how many times was our defense outnumbered on a counter? Just how many times Iaquinta and Amauri stood there without any service at all?

The midfielders couldn't penetrate their defense and when they lost the ball (and it happened at least 20 times today) they didn't run back to help the defense.

I can't even count how many times Palermo had 3 on 1 or 4 on 2 counter attacks.
Thank God for their awful finishing, because realistically we should have lost AT LEAST 5:0.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
It's not about tactics. You can play 6-3-1 and be more effective.

The players dont preform, simple as that, wheter its the coach fault, motivation or fitness.

The subs were dumb as shit but we played badly all season. the only tactical issue that Ciro dosnt seem to wrap is thick head around is playing with two big guys upfront. IT DOSNT WORK.
those guys only creative brain cell is invested in their hair. when Diego gets shut down he have no-one creative upfornt, IQ and Amuari playing together is a pain to watch, like they are playing for the first time together, every game, they have football intelligence of the avarge american (no offence Andy..)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Oh, and the main problem tonight was the midfield. As terrible the defense and the attack was, the midfield made them look even more terrible.
Just how many times was our defense outnumbered on a counter? Just how many times Iaquinta and Amauri stood there without any service at all?

The midfielders couldn't penetrate their defense and when they lost the ball (and it happened at least 20 times today) they didn't run back to help the defense.

I can't even count how many times Palermo had 3 on 1 or 4 on 2 counter attacks.
Thank God for their awful finishing, because realistically we should have lost AT LEAST 5:0.
That is exactly what long balls will do for you.......nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)