[Serie A] Lecce - Juventus (20/02/2011) (2 Viewers)

Aug 2, 2005
no matri? del piero? :sergio: . If DN has any dignity just quit
thats what I wish for, a Coach who feels himself great enough to quit when he feel he can't do the team any good, not a coach who just see it as an opportunity to train a big team and has no dignity to quit if is unable to be good enough

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
I just can't wait for the press conference to see what DN has to say about this game. I bet his excuse will be in the referee not calling the penalty in the early minutes of the game.

And here I was eager about seeing the third straight well played and won game... How sad :cry:

EDIT- Ok, my bad he didn't mention the very situtation.

Aug 2, 2005
Gigi Del Neri slammed Juventus as “arrogant and without excuses,” while Lecce assistant manager Roberto Rizzo found their win “beyond all expectations.”
The Bianconeri suffered a shock 2-0 defeat at the Stadio Via del Mare after Gigi Buffon was sent off in the opening 12 minutes, but the scoreline could’ve been a lot worse.

“We got the wrong approach from the start,” slammed Del Neri. “The team was very arrogant. This is a defeat that should make us think carefully, as we should’ve been more intense and taken charge.
“Lecce were always first to the ball and we deserved to lose. In fact, we’re lucky it only ended 2-0. We are unable to face supposedly 'easy’ games with the right concentration.
he means he is not a good coach who can prepare for an easy win match

“Now our objectives seem a long way away. We cannot afford any more mistakes. It’s a shame, as we were on the right path, but today we had no excuses for this performance.”
along way away : very encouraging

BlanquiNegro

Mar 28, 2006
Milan lost their game on their own field few days ago
Napoli barely got one point after drawing on their own field

Those are the top 2 teams in Italy now
The Italian football is really suffering now a days

Wonder what would teams like Juve will do
They already got kicked out anyway with 6 points from 6 games against teams which my younger brother thought that they were a names of sandwiches after hearing their names
And after all that, do we really want to see Juve in CL next year?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
What was the change you noticed in how Lecce's attackers found space and found themselves 1 on 1 vs the keeper when you compare the opening 13 minutes with the ~55 minutes that we played with a man less?

And I'll tell you what was going to happen if Buffon wasn't sent off. Someone else was going to be sent off later. Probably Melo, or Buffon again. After only 10 minutes I was scared that we are gonna get a red card. The way we played until then, looking how easy they escape from our defenders and find space, I just knew that sooner or later a last man tackle or a GK foul outside the box will get us red carded sooner or later.
If you have a chance watch those minutes until the red card. Our players were still sleeping. We must be the only team who can't get used to the early kick-off. Just like against Parma, we played the same way today.
I also think this is reminds me on Parma match disaster.. Early sent off and we played shit.. Although i love an early kick off because i can watch it.. but if we can play better if we play at night, it means 3 a.m in my country.. i don't mind waking up early to watch Juve

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
interesto ref; Appalling defending -> Gigi running out his box, slipping and handled the ball = red card for Gigi. DN subbed Krasic for Storari instead of Toni and thereafter we flopped badly! Melo and Aquilani were non existent Barzagli was really bad. Marchisio and Giorgio were frantically trying to do Melo's Aquilani's and Barzagli's job and their own and were getting nowhere fast.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I made a joke to Sergio last week after our emphatic win over Inter that we would lose to Lecce today, and the only joke about today was team and coach

No ratings, no more complaints out of me...we all know what has to be done.

Read my sig, that about sums up our sorry situation

Even RAI is getting in on the act, having a DUMB Neri look-alike on in an interview, giving every excuse in the book why Juve are so poor...and the funniest part of the skit was the mock advertising board behind him, with all of DUMB Neri's excuses on it....classic !!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I made a joke to Sergio last week after our emphatic win over Inter that we would lose to Lecce today, and the only joke about today was team and coach

No ratings, no more complaints out of me...we all know what has to be done.

Read my sig, that about sums up our sorry situation

Even RAI is getting in on the act, having a DUMB Neri look-alike on in an interview, giving every excuse in the book why Juve are so poor...and the funniest part of the skit was the mock advertising board behind him, with all of DUMB Neri's excuses on it....classic !!!!
I want to subscribe to the rss feed for your match reports :D

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
At least we're keeping that 6th place for now, since Genoa made a turn-over(unlike Juve), scoring 4 goals in a row and beating Roma 4:3. And it was Roma not LECCE!!!!!

And Udinese played draw against Brescia, so if we had won, we would be sharing 5th place with them.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's really surprising, considering how neutral RAI usually are when it comes to Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)