[Serie A] Lecce - Juventus (20/02/2011) (2 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Horrible match that we were obviously not prepared to play. We started off sleeping and some individual mistakes put us in a situation we would never wish for. That was directly followed by terrible decision from Delneri. I guess our fourth place ambitions are officially over now.

Buffon 5

Sörensen 5
Bonucci 4
Barzagli 2
Chiellini 3

Krasic -
Aquilani 2
Melo 2
Marchisio 4

Toni 3
Matri 5

Storari 6
Del Piero 5
Iaquinta 3
3 is rather flattering for iaq

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
I'm not even sure it's complacency anymore, as this group of players have been owned by lower placed clubs too many times over the past 2 season to not have learned that lesson by now. 3 different coaches over the past 2 seasons and the loser approach we take towards games like these has remained the same.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Is it possible to do an exchange... give DN red card and return gigi on the goal.... and than after the end of the season sack DN,retire DP and give him the role of Juve's coach. I think that DP would actually be better coach for Juve without any experience than DN is now. And by doing that DP would still "play" at the new stadium and make the debut game at the new stadium.
Nonsense...Dp can't even inspire these players as a captain, he would be useless as a manager.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Bunch of professionals who need inspiring in every single game other when than taking on inter? In that case we need a bit of robbie williams in the changing room.

Sep 21, 2010
I could write for pages on how frustrating this game was. They are professional players. Their job is to play the game the right way and to be as consistent as possible. If they cant do that, then they need to go to a club where greatness and heart are not expected. Losing to a team like Lecce is embarrassing and should never happen.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can't say I expected anything greater than a let-down after defeating Inter. Typical behavior from a mid-table team.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Andrea needs to understand that DN is not the man to take this team back where it rightfully belongs. I hope he takes action now, and not wait until it's to late.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
DN was on sale when we were shopping for bargains. I even think he knows that.

Problem is that if we're successful, we'll keep him eventhough he's the wrong man for the job with an improved club. And if he's not successful, we'll get rid of him anyway. Either way, he's kind of doomed.

Adluc1

Aug 30, 2010
I can't say I expected anything greater than a let-down after defeating Inter. Typical behavior from a mid-table team.
That's exactly it. Can anyone here honestly say with a straight face that we deserve to finish in the top four? Even Palermo and Napoli are arguably better teams.

I watched the game, which was already painful because my father is Leccese and was smirking the whole time, and was disgusted with what I saw. Poor motivation matched with poor tactics and limited competency.

At least some players like Marchisio,Chiellini, DP, and Matri tried to do something. The rest should be slapped. Melo looks like he doesn't want to be there anymore, and Toni seems to have been inflicted with a sudden case of vertigo as all he could do was fall over every 5 seconds.

The list of problems I think this team has would make this post a small novel, so I think I'll just fucking stop there.

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
Bring back Ranieri , at least he's good at scoring three goals to low table team ,nevermind that he got beaten.We've learned the second part so well ;)

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
So while watching this game...When buffon got carded (dumb move by him, should have just conceded the goal, can't compeltely fault him as i'm speaking in hindsight) why not Take off Aquilani and play a 4-3-2

Sorenson--Barzaglie--Bonnucci--Chiellini (he was pushing up hard early)
-----------Melo-------Marchisio-------
-------------Krasic-----------
--------Matri-----------Toni

Adluc1

Aug 30, 2010
So while watching this game...When buffon got carded (dumb move by him, should have just conceded the goal, can't compeltely fault him as i'm speaking in hindsight) why not Take off Aquilani and play a 4-3-2

Sorenson--Barzaglie--Bonnucci--Chiellini (he was pushing up hard early)
-----------Melo-------Marchisio-------
-------------Krasic-----------
--------Matri-----------Toni
That's a good point, but I still think that keeping the side more wide would have been a better option. I would have taken off Toni instead and tried to support Matri on the break with the wide players Krasic/Marchisio. At least then the Lecce wide men would be somewhat pre-occupied with their positioning instead of having a complete field day going forward and running riot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)