Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (10 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i hope things go Trezi's way tonight. Last time he just get those half chances in the back of the net, and even at times the ball would take a bad bounce and leap away when hes a in good position.

I have a good feeling he will score.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i hope things go Trezi's way tonight. Last time he just get those half chances in the back of the net, and even at times the ball would take a bad bounce and leap away when hes a in good position.

I have a good feeling he will score.

yeah he hasn't scored in what 2 games now? Expect him to score a hattrick now so he can say "Yeah I am still king, bitches!" like he has done this season when he goes quiet for a few games :jvefan:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
yeah he hasn't scored in what 2 games now? Expect him to score a hattrick now so he can say "Yeah I am still king, bitches!" like he has done this season when he goes quiet for a few games :jvefan:
yep

another point is that with camo's injury, marchionni will need to step as the burden will be on him to carry that right side. i know its still early as he just got about three games since he came back from injury, but am looking beyond this game.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Serie A Preview: Lazio - Juventus

What: Serie A, Round 16
Who: Juventus (3rd, 29 points) vs. Palermo (12th, 17 points)
When: 2030 CET, Saturday, December 16 2007
Where: Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Must Win

Juventus are off to Rome to take on Lazio in what is a must win game for both parties, even though we are not even half way into the season.

The Bianconeri have fallen a massive eight points adrift of Inter already, and anything more before the Christmas break would basically end title hopes here and now.

They have not done too badly upon their return to Serie A. In fact, Claudio Ranieri has delivered results, and it is simply Inter's marauding form that has left them frustrated, with absolutely no room for error.

There are suggestions that the Old Lady might just be another year away from a title challenge, and that challenging Roma for second place and direct qualification to the Champions League might be a more realistic target.

Early Days

Then of course it is early days. Inter take on Milan next weekend, and a Rossoneri win would throw the Giallorossi and the Bianconeri right back into the mix at the top.

Lazio will also be pinning their hopes on the fact that it is too early. In 12th place after 15 games, a massive 20 points behind the leaders was not where they would have wanted to be.

Delio Rossi's boys have looked brittle this season. The spirit is there, and you can see they are all fighting like they did last season, but the lack of a proper squad is beginning to tell.

Teams like Udinese, Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Palermo look far stronger, and with the likes of Napoli and Atalanta also flying high, even a top half berth will take some work.

Unless some work is done in the January transfer window, the harsh fact is that it might even get worse as real fatigue kicks in March onwards.

The silver lining, of course, is that the winter break will come at a great time. Exit from the Champions League could also be a blessing in disguise.

At the moment, they are sandwiched between Catania and Torino, two teams that will probably settle for a mid-table finish. A Uefa Cup berth this season is not out of reach, but the Biancocelesti must first focus on getting into the top half. A result tonight will definitely help.

COACH SPEAK

Ranieri: "We have only won once on the road against Cagliari. That’s not great for a side like us who have certain ambitions.

"The teams that we face at home are concentrating more on defending, whereas when we are away they are more open.

"We played well away to Fiorentina, Roma and Milan and we didn’t look vulnerable at the back.

"I’m expecting them to take the game to us and attack in numbers, pushing the wingers forward. But we are going there to win and the side has convinced me that it has the right mentality."

Rossi: "I don’t know if our efforts in Europe will weigh on us, but the elimination could give us more motivation. Juve look like us last season, they play without unnecessary frills and are not distracted by other competitions, so they can train daily. It shows.

"I have married Lazio and there was no courtship from Juventus. My mind is focused solely and exclusively on Lazio.

"Ranieri is an experienced Coach who has done well in Italy and abroad. He is now making the most of his chance with Juve.

"Stefano Mauri is still recovering and I preferred Mourad Meghni against Real because he was in better shape. My ideas have not changed and the club knows what they are.

"I don’t know if there will be any important reinforcements, but if a player wants to leave then we won’t tie him down. Lazio must be considered a target rather than a stepping stone."

FORM GUIDE

Lazio
Match Result Date Championship
Real Madrid - Lazio 3 - 1 11/12/2007 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Lazio - Catania 2 - 0 08/12/2007 SERIE A
Inter Milan - Lazio 3 - 0 05/12/2007 SERIE A
Siena - Lazio 1 - 1 02/12/2007 SERIE A
Lazio - Olympiakos 1 - 2 28/11/2007 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Lazio - Parma 1 - 0 25/11/2007 SERIE A

JuventusMatch Result Date Championship
Juventus - Atalanta 1 - 0 09/12/2007 SERIE A
Empoli - Juventus 2 - 1 06/12/2007 COPPA ITALIA
Milan - Juventus 0 - 0 01/12/2007 SERIE A
Juventus - Palermo 5 - 0 25/11/2007 SERIE A
Parma - Juventus 2 - 2 11/11/2007 SERIE A
Juventus - Inter Milan 1 - 1 04/11/2007 SERIE A

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Lazio: Goran Pandev

Exit from the Champions League has been a tough thing for the team to take, and there is nothing better than a couple of goals to lift spirits. The Macedonian will need to give his team something to build on.

Juventus: Gigi Buffon

It will be fascinating to see the best goalkeeper in the world bid to deny Pandev and Rocchi. Odds are that Juve will need a few stunning saves from the Azzurri number one.

PREDICTION

Juventus go into this game in far better shape than Lazio, and you simply have to believe that it will tell. The Biancocelesti do not come back well from a midweek outing, and the chances of a home win are remote.

Lazio 1-2 Juventus

goal.com

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Serie A Preview: Lazio - Juventus

What: Serie A, Round 16
Who: Juventus (3rd, 29 points) vs. Palermo (12th, 17 points)
When: 2030 CET, Saturday, December 16 2007
Where: Stadio Olimpico, Rome
you sure about this ?i thought we nailed them 3 weeks ago ?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #232
    How can we convince Ranieri to field these guys against Lazio?

Buffon
    Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Molinaro
    Nicerino Tiago Zanetti
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero​

Sep 19, 2006

Buffon
    Nicerino Tiago Zanetti
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero​
    We cant.

By hoping Marchionni and Sali get injured?
    Either Palladino or Oliviera will start.

It is so obvious that Ranieri has personnel problems with Tiago & his latest comments about Sissoko made evrything clear.

Anyway,I dont care anymore if he starts or not,I am just sad for the 21 milll. euros lost on both Tiago & Almiron,it is just frustrating.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

Buffon
    Nicerino Tiago Zanetti
    Nedved
    Trezeguet Del Piero​
    we shouldnt; tiago is slow as hell and has few mechanisms with the team for us to play an axial game as we are not fast enough we should stick with the flanks on a 4-4-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)