Serie A: Juventus vs Sampdoria [Jan 20 2008] (13 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
and the dp subs wasn't the only shit sub.... i don't know what ranieri sees in palla as a winger? it is really not his position and we can see that every week.... and the last sub could have been a good if it wasn't to late....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I agree with andy here. Why the fuck would we start a 4-4-2 with sali out of position when we are playing a sampdoria team who aren't good away from home and are without 2 of their best strikers? I can't understand raneri's thought process. Why not play a 4-3-3 and use your strengths? I also can't understand why raneri took out DP instead of marchionni. His decision making is costing us valuable points.
It comes down to the same fucking thing every time. RANIERI IS TACTICALLY INEPT AND REFUSES TO PLAY ANYTHING THAT ISN'T 4-4-2.

That's the reason why he took off Del Piero, that's the reason why Sali stayed on the field for 90 minutes even though he was useless, that's the reason why Palladino continues to play as a right winger when everyone knows it's not his position. Ranieri has no balls.

And look who the fucker wants to bring in. Momo Sissoko. How the fuck will he help anything? He can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't dribble. What do we need another DM for? Oh right, so that we never have to change our fantastic 4-4-2 formation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, he played well period. He didn't make a defensive mistake all game long and he did what he could to support our dull attack. I don't think he's good enough to start for us on a consistent basis but today he did his job.
Samp barely had the ball in our half. Molinaro was rarely tested and only put in one good cross. The rest were pathetic as usual.

Put Burke in, he's got a better left foot than Molinaro.

that ranieri want to play safe more than ever.
That is why the manager in your avatar is a fucking retard.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Can someone on earth answer this question, because I've asked myself 20x at least,

"Why on earth was Del Piero subs"????? whoever figures out must be brilliant because I can't fucking understand the reason behind subs your best player on the field.

The only player that was combining well with our midfielders and wingers, deliviring the ball to the dangerous areas, keeping the ball ON the ground and not playing long balls like in the 2nd half.

Why subs him when you need to win? put aside our love to Del Piero, but did it make any sense taking him out? why not take one of the Sali/Marco when they did nothing and put Iaquinta to create a trident force with Dp and Trez???

Call it whatever you want to call it, but taking Del Piero out today was the worst call of the season IMO.

I've respected Ranieri and always defended him, but when he makes such a stupid decisions he should be criticized badly.
Told Jack the same thing, why for the love of god did Ranieri decide to take off Del Piero to put in Iaquinta, rather than taking off Marchionni, whose confidence must have been shattered after that amazing miss or Salihamizdic who barely touched the ball in the first half! No he took out one of the players with the most passion and will to win.

Another criticism for Ranieri would be for not putting in Almiron or Tiago earlier. From the 60th minute onwards the ball was bypassing our midfield, one of these two players could have controlled the tempo and distributed the ball better than Legro just booting it upfield to Trez or Iaquinta.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
we need a new coach and more than 1 world class signing ... but i don't see us fighting for the scuedetto in the next year

wow juve without neddy will be horribal to see

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
it was soo clear that iaquinta will be useless because there was no help from the midfield... dp was the only one who connected our midfield with the attack.. he would have done much better if iaquinta and trez would have been upfront...
We would need an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of Ranieri's imbecilic decisions this season.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
No, he played well period. He didn't make a defensive mistake all game long and he did what he could to support our dull attack. I don't think he's good enough to start for us on a consistent basis but today he did his job.
spot on 100%, i give the guy a lot of shit but he did well today.

just quick note on the game. I understand ( not support) why ranieri started with the starting 11 but i don't understand his lack of preparation and subs.

I was just telling my brother in the 1st half that sometimes i think that guy is play FM. He always makes subs at HT even though they are not needed(ie today).

Alex should've stayed the whole 90minutes and Almiron should've been introduced way way before he was.

And one last thing Palladino is useless on the right and he should've seen that ages ago.

anyway we can complain all we want about the coach but when you have players missing like marchionni missed then...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's interpretation. Molinaro wasn't that great and only made one good cross. To concoct silly reasons as to why we should praise this player, such as he has a lot of energy or whatever, is simply foolish. He played well for his capability but this is the best you'll get from this worthless left-back.
Actually, everything started with few members blaming Molinaro, wanting him dead or something and only then few other members said that he was solid today and there is no need to attack him for our failure today.

I really fail to understand why are we even discussing Molinaro now. He's an untalented (is there such a word ? ) player who tries very hard and who had a solid game, better than most of his previous bad matches. He wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant and wasn't guilty for the 2 points we lost.

If we want to blame a single player then we should do that by blaming Marchionni, Salihamidzic or Trezeguet. If we want to blame the coach then lets blame Ranieri. But why blame Molinaro ?

Personally i blame bad luck for this draw and the work of the team as a unit in the second half.

Oh, taking off Del Piero was thoroughly pathetic.
Like all the others did, i also agree with this.

P.S : And those weren't penalties, as Jack said.
Sorry Turk but you're not being objective here.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Anyway, my ratings

Buffon 6 nothing much to do

Birindelli 6 was better in his first half, worked hard though

Legro 6.5 he's a player you can depend on i feel

Grygera 6 way better than his coppa match

Molinaro 6.5 almost no mistakes, defended well, well done

Zanetti 5.5 ran alot, better first half then the 2nd

Sali 4 our worst player on the pitch, did nothing at all but fouls and terrible passes

Marco 4.5 reminds me of vier's miss vs korea in the world cup, terrible miss terrible performance

Nedved 6.5 one of our best players, he combined better with dp on the field and moved alot more

Del Piero 6.5/7 our best player today and he was subs, the million dollar question, why was he taken out?

Trezeguet 5 tried alot, but almost an awful performance

Iaquinta 5 he had a couple of chances should have tried to dribble himself, but i guess we can't ask much from him since he isn't that creative.

Palladino NR
Almiron NR

Ranieri, I wont rate him, taking Alex out was enough not to rate him today.

May 22, 2007
Well, well, well.

First half. We had a 15 minute spell near the end of the half where we hit the corssbar, the ball was cleared off the line twice (controversial decision) and we pressurise their defense loads. We were really unlucky to not score. Players who didn’t impress me in that half were Salihamidzic and Birindelli. At half time I wanted Birindelli moved to the center and Salihamidzic substituted off for Iaquinta. 4-3-3 is one of the best attacking formations and playing the trident would have been a good move. Sampdoria have a striker problem so they obviously aren’t going to be attacking much in the game, and we saw that. We should have taken advantage for the second half.

Second half. We looked poor. Started poor. Boring game for 20 minutes, we couldn’t get a single good attack in. The penalty decision in the second half. That wasn’t a penalty in my eyes. The Samp player got to the ball well and knocked it away well. Great tackle, I know that this will go into conspiracy debates though, and that will hopefully be hurried away. In the last 15 minutes, we get in crosses from Sali into Vincenzo and Trez, and I notice that they are the only 2 in the box most of the time, when Nedved wasn’t there on an odd occasion. I also notice how deep our midfield were. On a few occasions Vinny knocked the ball to the outside of the penalty area and there was an open gap. When we are trying to get a winning goal, why are our midfielders not covering that area? We did in the first half, but not in the second.

All in all, we put in the effort, and we got nowt out of it. We were unlucky not to score, but the decision to take off Del Piero was stupidity. We needed creativity, and the effects of that substitution killed out match. Against Empoli, Iaquinta and Del Piero played well with eachother. Now, they don’t.

Buffon: 5.5 - Nothing to do.
Molinaro: 6 - Better then what he usually does. Produced the cross of the match in the last minute, only for Trez to waste it. His first half performance impressed me. Not enough to be a starter though, get a replacement.
Legro: 5.5 - Made one mistake, kept solid though with the little he had to deal with.
Grygera: 5.5 - See Legro. I didn’t notice him though.
Birindelli: 5.5 - Trying an overhead kick :lol2: Should have played as CB.
Nedved: 7 (MOM) - First half performance was great. Second half performance wasn’t the same, but he can’t be blamed for having to get the ball from defense and be creative with nobody helping him.
Zanetti: 5.5 - Should have pushed up more, they were playing for a draw.
Sali: 4.5 - Why he was kept on I don’t know. He didn’t contribute attackingly, he was clueless and he was off target a lot with passes and crosses.
Marchionni: 6 - Good first half. Awful miss though.
Del Piero: 7 - Played very well. Taken off insanely. :rolleyes:
Trezeguet: 6.5 - VERY unlucky not to score. He had nothing to go with in 2nd half and he was a shadow as a result of that.

Iaquinta: 5.5 - With DP on pitch, he would have been so much better.
Palladino: 4.5 - I forgot he came on.
Almiron: 5 - Late substitution = shit tactics

Ranieri: 3.5 - Moronic subs, late subs, moronic manager. Lost all faith, Inter will kill us with him in charge. Bye bye 3rd, bye bye Coppa, hello UEFA Cup.

Inter-46
Roma-42
Juventus-37
Fiorentina-34
Udinese-32

And Milan have just started their second half of the season charge.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
well if claduio and the board insist that we do not need a creative Am they need their heads examined. when delpie went off we were left with no creativity and no way to unlock the samp defense, they just stood off and waited for the high balls. with 3 CB they could afford to stand off the forwards and mop up the 2nd ball every time, the disturbing thing was the lack of support from idfield, where were the runners?
the scudetto dream is over, we went into the winter break on a roll and it really could not have come at a worse time for us, since the return to duties we have flattered to decieve and our lack of depth in the squad is now badly exposed

Only in the first half.

The second was hopeless. No gameplan, no clue, no teamplay.

Individually the players weren't that bad. The problem was there was no team, noone had any idea what to do and what the rest was doing. And when someone did know what to do, the rest wouldn't understand. These are area's the coach should work on and should have worked on.
agreed with you on this, what is the point of humping the ball forward if no mudfielder is gonna run onto it?plus trez and iaquinta were on different planets today

Did you see how sampdoria played in the second half ? They kept eleven men behind the ball and made their intentions even more clear with all the time-wasting. What else can you do than to try for crosses and play long balls to Iaquinta and Trezeguet ? That's a standard plan, but i think Nedved and other midfielders didn't follow up enough at those balls. Almost all headers (of mostly Iaquinta) went lost because there was only Trezeguet around.
my point exactly,though the coaching staff shpuild ahve spotte dths and attempted to change it about. where was the width?

I want Molinaro DEAD, not out... DEAD !!!
you know i am gonna get bashed for this but here goes..........

in the first half molinaro and nedved linked up superbly, nedved would drop deep and molinaro was overlapping. or neddy went deep and molinaro gave him a deeper option, it worked a treat. it was perpetual motion between the 2 and we were extremely dangerous down the left flank

second half neddy drifted further and further infield and left molinaro a bit high-and-dry. he could not go forward as there was no-one to cover, he could not link-up as there was no-one near him to overlap amd interplay with. he could not get the ball in the box because he was starved of supply.
molinaro had a great first half partly because of the teamwork between him and neddy, second half he was quite because he had no help on that side

mondo1

May 14, 2006
most of our players need to learn how to cross a ball... it's really ridiculous to see juve players can't cross for shit week in week out

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
about molinaro, yeah he defended well, and he finally sent a decent cross when trez almost scored with his heel. but, every time he has the ball in our half he has to send his retarded friggin long balls that never reaches anyone.

also, the reason that our attacks are so poor, is beacuse we are too slow in our build-up. and this is because the technique of most our players suck. especially in central midfiled. do you see how long our players take to control the ball? and when they finally do, they pass it the same way they got it, in mid-air, making it hard for the receiver to control as well. apart from dp, trez and nedved, the other players' technique is too poor for juve standards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)