Serie A: Juventus vs Sampdoria [Jan 20 2008] (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It is games like this that make the Juve directors reluctant to invest in new players for Ranieri. Games like this should be bread and butter for a Juve coach, and if Ranieri cant win these kind of games, I doubt they will keep him for next season.

That Del Piero decision was disastrous... and playing a RB as a central midfielder is very creative, and at the same time a horrible fucking coaching decision. We controlled the midfield at least when Almiron came on- not the best player, but still playing in position.

Horrible game... horrible Juve, samp is a team of divers, horrible ref. why did i wake up at 9
Good post, but these retards on the board probably won't sack Ranieri. They're all a bunch of fools supported by a bunch of fools.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
referee is orospucocugu
Ok, that's it. I am really fed up with your stupidity. Every game you have to blame the referee, you are getting a 24 hour ban. Go cry somewhere else. The referee made the best decisions ever and yet you cry. No wonder you think Juventus were innocent because we used to be awarded inexistent penalties like the tackle in front of Marchionni or Trezeguet's incident.

THESE WERE NOTHING CLOSE TO PENALTIES!!!

See you tomorrow.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Would you two(Holdon/Andy) be so nice to show me where someone said that Molinaro is word-class?
It's interpretation. Molinaro wasn't that great and only made one good cross. To concoct silly reasons as to why we should praise this player, such as he has a lot of energy or whatever, is simply foolish. He played well for his capability but this is the best you'll get from this worthless left-back.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Ok, that's it. I am really fed up with your stupidity. Every game you have to blame the referee, you are getting a 24 hour ban. Go cry somewhere else. The referee made the best decisions ever and yet you cry. No wonder you think Juventus were innocent because we used to be awarded inexistent penalties like the tackle in front of Marchionni or Trezeguet's incident.

See you tomorrow.
Wow you banned him?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Well this match is called cluelessness, I am sure Ranieri is thinking of the game against Inter because we came in for this game unprepared and without a plan. He probably fixed the problems in defence but forgot about everything else, starting by keeping Iaquinta on the bench to fielding Salihamidzic in the center.

It took us ten minutes to get into the game and start threatening them with Marchionni missing on an empty goal. That was followed by waves of attack thanks to balls fed from the middle by Del Piero. The problem was the last answer which was characterized by lack of attackers due to Del Piero being forced to do all the creative work from far away.

Then we start the second half with the biggest surprise of all time by taking off the best player, Del Piero, and fiedling Iaquinta. Twenty minutes passed where there was no link between the departments and Ranieri chose to fix this problem by taking Marchionni off and playing Palladino, keeping salihamidzic out of position and the midfield clueless.

Ranieri then fixes his stupid formation by introducing Almiron for Birindelli only to keep Salihamidzic playing 90 minutes. No one knows why.

Ratings:

Buffon 6.5: Had nothing to do with the game but stretching.

Birindelli 6: Solid at the back, he made one mistake that caused a free kick and did some decent runs without making any danger.

Grygera 6: Did what he had to do.

Legrottaglie 6: Did what he had to do.

A note on Grygera and Legrottaglie is that they kept the fanger away but when recovering the ball they were really slow in doing something with it. But I blame Ranieri for that for not giving the team a game plan.

Molinaro 6.5: Good defending, a lot of energy, decent crosses and improved his passing quite a lot.

Marchionni 5: He was invisible except for the miss, he was playing forward in the first half without causing any danger.

Salihamidzic 5.5: I don't know why an invisible player played for 90 minutes.

Zanetti 6.5: Solid, tried but also he was playing without a plan.

Nedved 6.5: A lot of work in the first half but was taken by the majority of the crowd into cluelessness in the second half.

Del Piero 6.5: Probably Juve's best player and he only played 45 minutes. Go figure!

Trezeguet 5: Missed a lot of chances that he usually doesn't miss.

Iaquinta 5.5: Added nothing to the game.

Palladino 4: He made one cross, other than that he was invisible.

Almiron NR

Ranieri 4.5: Poor preparations, no game plan, bad starting line-up, clueless substitutions, unfocused, I put all the blame on his shoulders for losing points in front of a wonderful crowd.
spot on. Would have given Brazzo a lower rating though

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I agree with andy here. Why the fuck would we start a 4-4-2 with sali out of position when we are playing a sampdoria team who aren't good away from home and are without 2 of their best strikers? I can't understand raneri's thought process. Why not play a 4-3-3 and use your strengths? I also can't understand why raneri took out DP instead of marchionni. His decision making is costing us valuable points.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Can someone on earth answer this question, because I've asked myself 20x at least,

"Why on earth was Del Piero subs"????? whoever figures out must be brilliant because I can't fucking understand the reason behind subs your best player on the field.

The only player that was combining well with our midfielders and wingers, deliviring the ball to the dangerous areas, keeping the ball ON the ground and not playing long balls like in the 2nd half.

Why subs him when you need to win? put aside our love to Del Piero, but did it make any sense taking him out? why not take one of the Sali/Marco when they did nothing and put Iaquinta to create a trident force with Dp and Trez???

Call it whatever you want to call it, but taking Del Piero out today was the worst call of the season IMO.

I've respected Ranieri and always defended him, but when he makes such a stupid decisions he should be criticized badly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

See you tomorrow.
It's all Inter's fault for our draw, Jack. Everybody knows that.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It's interpretation. Molinaro wasn't that great and only made one good cross. To concoct silly reasons as to why we should praise this player, such as he has a lot of energy or whatever, is simply foolish. He played well for his capability but this is the best you'll get from this worthless left-back.
No, he played well period. He didn't make a defensive mistake all game long and he did what he could to support our dull attack. I don't think he's good enough to start for us on a consistent basis but today he did his job.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Great post, Lampard. Sampdoria is such a great side away from home so we shouldn't dare think about attacking them.
I did not say that, nor i said that we should not play 433. I said that our defense is not up to task , and that ranieri want to play safe more than ever. But for our misses up front you cant blame him

Aug 30, 2006
another bad secound half. in the first half we were all ove rthem nd i was waitin for a juve goal but it never came. if we play like we did in the secound half for a coupe more mathches then raneri shud be out!

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Can someone on earth answer this question, because I've asked myself 20x at least,

"Why on earth was Del Piero subs"?????

I've respected Ranieri and always defended him, but when he makes such a stupid decisions he should be criticized badly.

I guess he got a knock or something like that. That's the only logic explaination. Otherwise I agree that it was a stupid decision.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
it was soo clear that iaquinta will be useless because there was no help from the midfield... dp was the only one who connected our midfield with the attack.. he would have done much better if iaquinta and trez would have been upfront...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree with andy here. Why the fuck would we start a 4-4-2 with sali out of position when we are playing a sampdoria team who aren't good away from home and are without 2 of their best strikers? I can't understand raneri's thought process. Why not play a 4-3-3 and use your strengths? I can't for the life of me understand why raneri took out DP instead of marchionni. His decision making is costing us valuable points.
People here won't understand, bro. You could see this sort of thing coming and either they can't see it or just don't want to admit it. The scenario was screaming 4-3-3 at us but Ranieri is too much of a pussy to field it. That's the real story here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)