Serie A: Juventus vs Sampdoria [Jan 20 2008] (5 Viewers)

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
People here won't understand, bro. You could see this sort of thing coming and either they can't see it or just don't want to admit it. The scenario was screaming 4-3-3 at us but Ranieri is too much of a pussy to field it. That's the real story here.
actually yes. 433 was probably the best option, however still with brazzo out of position at dm. but then again marchionni had a good game in the coppa so i can understand that CR played him, however today he .... damn how could he miss that ?

jack you banned someone but i hope it was not only because he thinks that foul on marchionni was a penalty ?
that's cause i think it was a penalty too. you could see that the defender touched the ball but he was barely (read: not) able to move it out of the range of marchionni. actually he just 'touched' it and hadn't he taken marchionni fully down then marchionni would have been through. in dutch they say "te veel man, te weinig bal" which litteraly means "too much man, not enough ball".

anyway that's how i saw it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
you know i am gonna get bashed for this but here goes..........

in the first half molinaro and nedved linked up superbly, nedved would drop deep and molinaro was overlapping. or neddy went deep and molinaro gave him a deeper option, it worked a treat. it was perpetual motion between the 2 and we were extremely dangerous down the left flank

second half neddy drifted further and further infield and left molinaro a bit high-and-dry. he could not go forward as there was no-one to cover, he could not link-up as there was no-one near him to overlap amd interplay with. he could not get the ball in the box because he was starved of supply.
molinaro had a great first half partly because of the teamwork between him and neddy, second half he was quite because he had no help on that side
As I said before Boz, I just simply can't stand this guy, in his best game he's the dumbest mothafucka out there, same goes to Birindelli, but I feel like showing him a lil respect for all those years...

Forget how Molinaro played today. Imagine I'm saying this yesterday: "I want Molinaro dead"

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Actually, everything started with few members blaming Molinaro, wanting him dead or something and only then few other members said that he was solid today and there is no need to attack him for our failure today.

I really fail to understand why are we even discussing Molinaro now. He's an untalented (is there such a word ? ) player who tries very hard and who had a solid game, better than most of his previous bad matches. He wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant and wasn't guilty for the 2 points we lost.

If we want to blame a single player then we should do that by blaming Marchionni, Salihamidzic or Trezeguet. If we want to blame the coach then lets blame Ranieri. But why blame Molinaro ?

Personally i blame bad luck for this draw and the work of the team as a unit in the second half.

Like all the others did, i also agree with this.
Exactly. We may like or dislike him, but I'm even against those who bash him and make fun of him when he plays badly. There is a fact: He is an average player at best. As you said he is untalented (is there really such a word?!) but is this his fault if Ranieri keeps using him? I don't like him, yes, but I don't blame him for our bad results. I'm actually against bashing players when there's a retarded coach whose bad decisions cost us every week.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Ok, that's it. I am really fed up with your stupidity. Every game you have to blame the referee, you are getting a 24 hour ban. Go cry somewhere else. The referee made the best decisions ever and yet you cry. No wonder you think Juventus were innocent because we used to be awarded inexistent penalties like the tackle in front of Marchionni or Trezeguet's incident.

THESE WERE NOTHING CLOSE TO PENALTIES!!!

See you tomorrow.
no penalty , but for sure no faul by Iaquinta either/than yellow for hands up.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
actually yes. 433 was probably the best option, however still with brazzo out of position at dm. but then again marchionni had a good game in the coppa so i can understand that CR played him, however today he .... damn how could he miss that ?

jack you banned someone but i hope it was not only because he thinks that foul on marchionni was a penalty ?
that's cause i think it was a penalty too. you could see that the defender touched the ball but he was barely (read: not) able to move it out of the range of marchionni. actually he just 'touched' it and hadn't he taken marchionni fully down then marchionni would have been through. in dutch they say "te veel man, te weinig bal" which litteraly means "too much man, not enough ball".

anyway that's how i saw it.
true

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, everything started with few members blaming Molinaro, wanting him dead or something and only then few other members said that he was solid today and there is no need to attack him for our failure today.

I really fail to understand why are we even discussing Molinaro now. He's an untalented (is there such a word ? ) player who tries very hard and who had a solid game, better than most of his previous bad matches. He wasn't bad, wasn't brilliant and wasn't guilty for the 2 points we lost.

If we want to blame a single player then we should do that by blaming Marchionni, Salihamidzic or Trezeguet. If we want to blame the coach then lets blame Ranieri. But why blame Molinaro ?

Personally i blame bad luck for this draw and the work of the team as a unit in the second half.
I'm not blaming Molinaro for the loss as that's not what happened today. I'm blaming Molinaro because he's a terrible player that people like to defend.

I blame this draw on being cautious to the point of idiocy instead of fielding a logical team. Thanks Ranieri and thanks to the people who supported his brilliant tactical display before the match.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Buffon-6 not a lot for the chief to do today

Birindelli 6 again not alot to do but offered nothing in the way of support

Legro 6 did what he needed to do,but nearly made a mess of ball out from gigi

Grygera 6 as with the whole defense just kept it simple

Molinaro 6.5 decent first half where he linked up well with nedy, had no-one in front of him 2nd half and dissapeared

Zanetti 6.5 good and solid as we expect, should have been the platform for more creative midfielders to shine

Sali 4 can we use him as a RB? lost in a midfield we bossed,says it all really

Marco 4.5 major dissapointment, the miss was poor but his overall play was simply half-hearted. did nothing with conviction

Nedved 6.5 good first half when he linked up with molinaro to provide almost all of our threat. spent all second half coming infield and we lost all width because of that. tried hard but maybe should have stayed wide

Del Piero 8 a lot for his first half performance when he was THE shining light. injury can be the ONLY reason he did not come out for the second half

Trezeguet 5.5 tried but was simply nt his day, on another wavelength from iaquinta

Iaquinta 5.5 again like trez he tried hard but unable to read each others intentions and both completely isolated from midfield

Palladino 4 not a winger
Almiron 4 wrong player in the wrong formation at the wrong time

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I'm not blaming Molinaro for the loss as that's not what happened today. I'm blaming Molinaro because he's a terrible player that people like to defend.

I blame this draw on being cautious to the point of idiocy instead of fielding a logical team. Thanks Ranieri and thanks to the people who supported his brilliant tactical display before the match.
The thing I don't understand is why he doesn't try anything NEW once in a while. Even when the team needs to score but fails to do, he insists using his fucking same old tactical ideas.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I said before the match:

Grabbing a goal within the first 25 minutes will be crucial because Samp seems to score more in the second half. Moreover, they are 14th in the league in regards to away form. We can overwhelm them early if we fielded our weapons and played to our strengths.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Buffon-6 not a lot for the chief to do today

Birindelli 6 again not alot to do but offered nothing in the way of support

Legro 6 did what he needed to do,but nearly made a mess of ball out from gigi

Grygera 6 as with the whole defense just kept it simple

Molinaro 6.5 decent first half where he linked up well with nedy, had no-one in front of him 2nd half and dissapeared

Zanetti 6.5 good and solid as we expect, should have been the platform for more creative midfielders to shine

Sali 4 can we use him as a RB? lost in a midfield we bossed,says it all really

Marco 4.5 major dissapointment, the miss was poor but his overall play was simply half-hearted. did nothing with conviction

Nedved 6.5 good first half when he linked up with molinaro to provide almost all of our threat. spent all second half coming infield and we lost all width because of that. tried hard but maybe should have stayed wide

Del Piero 8 a lot for his first half performance when he was THE shining light. injury can be the ONLY reason he did not come out for the second half

Trezeguet 5.5 tried but was simply nt his day, on another wavelength from iaquinta

Iaquinta 5.5 again like trez he tried hard but unable to read each others intentions and both completely isolated from midfield

Palladino 4 not a winger
Almiron 4 wrong player in the wrong formation at the wrong time
The best description of his today's display.

Sep 19, 2006
I didnt see the match,but from what I am hearing it seems like it was another Ranieri BULLSHIT.

I dont think blaming players at this stage is the right thing to do, it is Ranieri and our board who is fuckin up everything.
If we didnt get a descent CB and a descent CM in the coming weeks,then kiss 4th place goodbye.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The thing I don't understand is why he doesn't try anything NEW once in a while. Even when the team needs to score but fails to do, he insists using his fucking same old tactical ideas.
I think he never tries anything new because he's not only stubborn but perhaps clueless and unable to manage a side that uses anything different. The straight 4-4-2 is the most simple formation in football and one of the worst if you don't have the correct players to field in those positions, like Juve.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
As I said before Boz, I just simply can't stand this guy, in his best game he's the dumbest mothafucka out there, same goes to Birindelli, but I feel like showing him a lil respect for all those years...

Forget how Molinaro played today. Imagine I'm saying this yesterday: "I want Molinaro dead"
he aint a patch on the sort of player we are used to in defense and for sure he will eb sold in the summer but lets be honest, he played fairly well today and i still prefer him than ever seeing boumsong near our line-up.

bring back balzaretti, but don't knock the guy, at leats he gives effort

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The thing I don't understand is the coaches that come to Juve and stick to the same formation. Capello didn't play a flat 4-4-2 with Milan, Roma or Real. Ranieri didn't play that formation either. Why are we doomed to see that only in our team?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I didnt see the match,but from what I am hearing it seems like it was another Ranieri BULLSHIT.

I dont think blaming players at this stage is the right thing to do, it is Ranieri and our board who is fuckin up everything.
If we didnt get a descent CB and a descent CM in the coming weeks,then kiss 4th place goodbye.
i think you should see match first and than comment it.
its not always black and white as some says

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Yeah, i 100% agreed with you before the match that we should go all attack and i'm still so sorry we didn't do that.
But there was logic in what Dom suggested before the match. Sampdoria do overcrowd their midfield and they're highly dangerous with Belluci and Cassano (we thought he'll play back then). Putting a man more in midfield was a logical choice.

But we didn't have that fuckin man and of course we had to put Salihamidzic there to offer defensive cover at the center of the midfield (??????????????).

Nedved is in great form. If he had 3 players in front of him everything coould have been different.
What a shame.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I think he never tries anything new because he's not only stubborn but perhaps clueless and unable to manage a side that uses anything different. The straight 4-4-2 is the most simple formation in football and one of the worst if you don't have the correct players to field in those positions, like Juve.
Yea, the more I follow Ranieri's decisions, the more I'm becoming sure that I can make a coach as well. Hey, let's play 4-4-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)