Serie A : Juventus vs Milan [April 12th, 2008] (1 Viewer)

Man of the match

• Momo Sissoko

• Mauro Camoranesi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Hasan Salihamidzic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
If Milan don't qualify for Champions League, how complicated is there mercato going to be? Will the likes of Sheva and Ronaldinho still join them?

Alen?...

Jun 13, 2007
I think Juve have regained their lost respect after beating Roma , Inter , and Milan . It shows what a quality side we have and they did in fact win those two scudettos deservedly ,

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Funny, given recent past seasons where we'd win the Scudetto by basically cleaning up on the lesser teams and then playing even (draws, etc) with the best ones.
You serious?

I don't agree, we've always beaten big teams when needed,
like 1-0 in Milan (2005), twice we beat Inter in 2005-06,
Roma 2-0, 2-1 in 2004-05, 4-1 in 2006,
beaten Fiorentina 2-1 away in 2006 etc.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Ancelotti can stfu. Inzaghi was offside on his 2nd goal. Bonera played the offside trap perfectly on the chip, but he played the ball to Inzaghi, who was in a favourable position because he was offside that entire play. It was a more obvious decision than the Brazzo goal, but Milanista will obviously ignore that since its the only excuse they have.

As for the match. I dont think we played that bad. It wasn't on the same level as vs Inter, but we still created chances and battled hard.

Firstly, overall, Brazzo was 1 of our worst performers, yet he scores 2 important goals.

Also, Ranieri's decision to sub Trezeguet off was a poor 1. Brazzo or Tiago should have been taken off, and much earlier in the half. He waited to long to make a sub, and than made the wrong 1. Yes Brazzo scored, but that wasn't because of any tactical genius on Ranieri's part.

Tactically, it would have been smarter to either bring Palladino on for Brazzo, in turn moving Camo back to the right (where he was most effective today). Or, he should should have brought Tiago off for Iaquinta and switched to a trident.

We got lucky, because it was a terrible sub, and if the game ended in a tie, I guarantee ppl would be making a big deal out of it.

Tiago, I thought he was average. Although If Nocerino was playing we would have had less possession, so u cant really complain.

Defensively, even with Inzaghi being offside on the 2nd, we are capable of better. We only conceded 7 goals at home up until this game, so to concede 2 is unacceptable imo.

Bonera's tackle was similar to the one that broke Eduardo's leg. Im very surprised Sissoko managed to play on, but that just shows what a beast he is. Forza Momo!

Del Piero was MOTM, closely followed by Camo. Although he held onto the ball to long on a few occassions, he was a constant threat, and picked up Brazzo's slack in the 1st half by receiving the ball on the left side of the field and drawing Milan defenders onto him. He clearly deserves to be called upto to Euro 2008. He has put in good performances against the big sides, and with 14 goals, it would be wrong to not have him in the squad.

Given the fact that at this time last season we were illegally in serie b while Milan were wrongly playing in the CL, I hope this loss sends those dinosaurs into the UEFA cup.

Forza Juve!

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
εℓvίn;1610956 said:
You serious?

but did we beat them all in same season? we didn't beat Milan in the league since 2005 .. :) ..

though we didn't beat Fiorentina this season .. but ow well who cares :D .. it's party here .... :scarf: :scarf:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think Juve have regained their lost respect after beating Roma , Inter , and Milan . It shows what a quality side we have and they did in fact win those two scudettos deservedly ,
Seriously. I just hope the likes of Secco and Gigli don't start getting the idea that they had anything to do with it and that this kind of success is sustainable under the circumstances. :shifty:

Milan Channel showing some clips when Milan won the UEFA cup. :lol2:
The optimists in the milanista camp have kicked in already... :seven:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
εℓvίn;1610956 said:
You serious?

Yes. But as you said we've often beaten big teams when needed or better to say when urgently needed like the one against Milan in 05. But as I remember, we've ALWAYS been starting those big matches for getting a draw. We had a winning attitude against minor teams usually.

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #555
    If Milan don't qualify for Champions League, how complicated is there mercato going to be? Will the likes of Sheva and Ronaldinho still join them?

Alen?...
    Gotta go.
    I'll be back in an hour with the answer

Lol, yeah, let's ask the analyst :D
    Heeeeeeeey. I know my stuff girl.

Dom, don't act like Burke. It was a typo.
    INTELLIGENT
    Here !!

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006

Alen?...
    Whether or not Milan qualifies in the CL wouldn't affect much on their transfers. Milan has a history to speak for themselves. And the cash to top it up.
    We saw how Bayern strengthen their squad this season without playing in the CL. And then again Milan's trophy room is twice as valuable as Bayern's. Plus, Serie A is obviously more reputable than the Bundesliga

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)