Serie A : Juventus vs Milan [April 12th, 2008] (5 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Momo Sissoko

• Mauro Camoranesi

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Hasan Salihamidzic

Results are only viewable after voting.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Player Ratings: Juventus 3-2 AC Milan

Juventus pulled off a dramatic victory in a classic encounter between the two most successful clubs in Italian football history.

Player Ratings: Juventus 3-2 AC Milan

JUVENTUS

Gianluigi Buffon: 7- Was not at fault for any of Inzaghi’s goals but was not forced into any world class saves either. Handled what came his way in assured fashion.

Zdenek Grygera: 7- Almost scored another highlight reel goal with an absolute rocket that Kalac had to parry away.

Giorgio Chiellini: 6.5 - He was a rock in the middle of the defence in the second half, but only after a very shaky first half performance that saw him in the wrong place pretty much every time.

Nicola Legrotagglie: 5.5 - Will not be in Donadoni’s team for Euro 2008 if he continues to put together performances like the one tonight.

Cristian Molinaro: 5.5 - Gave the ball away cheaply on many occasions and allowed Kaka to get his cross in to set up Inzaghi for the first goal of the match.

Mauro Camoranesi: 7.5 - Made a menace of himself all evening and it was his cross that set up Salihamidzic’s first goal of the game.

Hasan Salihamidzic: 9 - Has not been impressive in the last couple of matches but found himself in the right place at the right time to bring the match back on level terms just before halftime and found the winner with a powerful header in the 80th minute.

Tiago: 6.5- Was anonymous for long stretches of the match, but linked up well with Sissoko particularly in the second half.

Mohamed Sissoko: 8 - The midfield workhorse earned his paycheque once again with a hard working performance. Was on the end of a terrible challenge by Bonera and was lucky not have sustained a serious injury.

David Trezeguet: 6.5- he had a poor match by his high standards and was substituted off in the second half when the match was still on level terms but it was his header that set up his team’s second goal of the game.

Alesssandro Del Piero: 8.5 - He is rolling back the years and was Juventus’ most dangerous player yet again tonight and was unlucky not to bag a brace after his volley was saved in extra time.

Substitutes

Guglielmo Stendardo (51”) 6, Vincenzo Iaquinta (77”) NA, Antonio Nocerino (90”) NA

AC MILAN

Zeljko Kalac: 6.5 – Looked slow and awkward on Del Piero’s first goal of the game but made good saves on Grygera and Del Piero in the second half to give his team a fighting chance.

Daniele Bonera: 5.5 - Pushed forward on many occasions and unselfishly slotted the ball across to Inzaghi for an easy tap in. However, left too much space at the back, and to make it all worse, made an absolutely horrendous tackle on Momo Sissoko and was deservedly sent off.

Paolo Maldini: 5.5 - Started well, but then really showed his age as he was at fault for Juventus’s second goal after he was caught in possession deep in his own territory.

Giuseppe Favalli: 5 - His best days are past him although he managed to push forward on a couple of occasions in the first half. All change please, as far as the Milan defence is concerned.

Dario Simic: 4 - He was run ragged by Del Piero all evening and committed countless fouls as he could not keep up with the pace of the match. Ronaldinho and Shevchenko will provide cover next season.

Rino Gattuso: 6 – The normally tenacious bulldog did not make an impact on the match and was outplayed by the gigantic Sissoko.

Massimo Ambrosini: 6.5 – Lumbered forward and won his team a couple of corner kicks, and played a part in one of Inzaghi's goals, but failed to stamp his authority in the middle of the pitch.

Clarence Seedorf: 6 - Completely disappeared in the second half and did not pull the strings in the midfield the way Ancelotti would have wanted him to. Turns into a ghost far too often these days.

Andrea Pirlo: 6 - Was quiet for most of the evening with his set pieces disappointing for a player of his technical ability. Gave the ball away quite a few times.

Kaka: 6.5 – Has finally rediscovered some of his form over the last two weeks. Set up his team’s first goal after a beautiful low cross left Inzaghi with the easiest of finishes, and had a couple of good moments in the second half. Not one of his best displays, but a step in the right direction.

Filipo Inzaghi: 8.5 – Poached two goals in the style that he is famous for and gave the Juventus defenders fits, especially in the first half. Was menacing throughout, and could well have completed a hat-trick. Milan's best player on the evening.

Substitutes

Cafu (67”) 6,

Alberto Gilardino (83”) NA,

Christian Brocchi (88”) NA

Max De Luca

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I remember once he said something about some muslim guys, you defended them and he accused you for defending them only because they're muslim.
It was something like that but i don't remember it well.
I don't remember but I wouldn't put it past him. I love the way he starts out writing a response...

Are you fucking mad? Were you dropped as an infant? Oh for fucks sake, etc etc. :D

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
and they claim England has more exciting football???
this was the best game I've seen for a long time
hey .. if i'm not a juventino I would've said the same thing about Palermo and Fiorentina's games .. it was really better than any EPL game I watched this season .. Inter's game was exciting too .. Roma and Milan wasn't all that bad neither ..

EPL is over hyped .. and every week I get convinced even more ..

OP
Alen

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
  • Thread Starter #527
    I don't remember but I wouldn't put it past him. I love the way he starts out writing a response...

Are you fucking mad? Were you dropped as an infant? Oh for fucks sake, etc etc. :D
    :lol2: he's a king !

I love that guy though. He may be arrogant as hell but he's very well educated and very intellegent and i love smart people.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Del Piero 'My secret? Hunger '

22:32, 12 April

The Panini has done the little Del Piero version of Euro 2008. "Long live the Panini, the comment Sky Del Piero before the tender was awarded on passing Gaetano Scirea for number of matches in white. "An emotion great. Him is an example for all. For me it is almost inaccessible." The captain is white sfoggiando an enviable shape. "What is the secret. There are many components. So hungry and so".

Calciomercato

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    :lol2: he's a king !

I love that guy though. He may be arrogant as hell but he's very well educated and very intellegent and i love smart people.
    I second that, but it'll do him a world of good if he simmered down a bit. Perhaps he should take up smoking or something :D

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Juventus: Cobolli Gigli 'There nothing but strengthen the operations Ronaldinho'

20:27, 12 April

A few minutes after the Juve-Milan, Cobolli Gigli microphones Sky. The president explains the great affection that the team have companions for Tiago, currently in the beginning. "I have a great class, I have a good character. Sadly occasions that he had had mixed results." On market. "The fans of Juve can count on a team that will be strengthened next year. Probably will surgeries Ronaldinho, but will be based on this group, with the grafting of young people, even Italians."

Calciomercato

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Del Piero 'My secret? Hunger '

22:32, 12 April

The Panini has done the little Del Piero version of Euro 2008. "Long live the Panini, the comment Sky Del Piero before the tender was awarded on passing Gaetano Scirea for number of matches in white. "An emotion great. Him is an example for all. For me it is almost inaccessible." The captain is white sfoggiando an enviable shape. "What is the secret. There are many components. So hungry and so".

Calciomercato
    :lol2:

Long live the bread? Or is it Punani?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    εℓvίn;1610905 said:
    and Juventus beat all big teams in Serie A on their return season :pint:
    Funny, given recent past seasons where we'd win the Scudetto by basically cleaning up on the lesser teams and then playing even (draws, etc) with the best ones.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Ranieri hails Juve character
    Saturday 12 April, 2008

Coach Claudio Ranieri praised Juventus’ character as they fought back to see off Milan 3-2 and is targeting second place.

“We have beaten the World Club champions,” smiled the tactician after a thrilling encounter in Turin.

This is the latest triumph against a giant after seeing off Inter 2-1 at San Siro.

“You can tell those teams are consolidated, but we throw ourselves into it heart and soul. The gap between us is closed because we have incredible hunger. We have the character to fight it out with anyone.

“Milan played a great first half and pushed us down the flanks, but after the break we took more control and had our kind of performance.

“We had a few distractions in defence, but that is only because Milan had real quality. On the first goal Kaka was more agile than Giorgio Chiellini and beat him in the one-on-one.”

The midfield was solid despite the absence of Cristiano Zanetti, though Tiago Mendes struggled to make an impact.

“Mauro Camoranesi could not help out Zdenek Grygera, so I moved Hasan Salihamidzic and left Camo clear to do what he wanted. Mauro had a great game.

“Tiago knows how to play and it wasn’t easy against Milan’s midfield. I am happy with his performance, he gave us balance. Momo Sissoko, on the other hand, was extraordinary.”

Juve have put their Champions League place under lock and key, but are still aiming for Roma in second.

“We are gambling with a great deal this week. First Parma in the rescheduled game and then Atalanta. It is important to give our all, then we’ll see where we end up.”

Channel 4

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Funny, given recent past seasons where we'd win the Scudetto by basically cleaning up on the lesser teams and then playing even (draws, etc) with the best ones.
    I wanted to say that :) ..

funny though .. it gives such a good satisfactory feeling :D .. especially after the serie B episode :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)