[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (8 Viewers)

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Interviewer: 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionally on the left side.'

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.'

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.'

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet.'
That was nice...
But don't even think about comparing DP to Becks cuz they r no similiarity...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
during euro 2004 when rooney's record of youngest scorer was broken by the swiss player vorlathen, beckham said he is not worried and predicted rooney will break the record again.::D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
during euro 2004 when rooney's record of youngest scorer was broken by the swiss player vorlathen, beckham said he is not worried and predicted rooney will break the record again.::D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Volanthen's goal was pure class. :cool:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
:rofl: :LOL: :rofl: :LOL:

arc

Mar 11, 2004
a man of intellect

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
Oh really? Yet I was in the stadium when Capello took DP off 5 minutes before the whistle and Del Piero did get a standing ovation, Ali. I was there, I saw Del Piero get a standing ovation. I know DP isn't very liked on this forum, nor is Beckham, but just because a player is popular doesn't mean he's worthless.
You did not understand my point. First things first :
- I did not refute you were in the stadium
- I did not refute DP got a standing ovation
I just found it hilarious when you mentioned that Capello subbed DP early so that he could get a standing ovation.
Seven you seem to loathe Zlatan, why? Is it because he replaced DP?

Or that other time when he ran at a defender, rolled the ball under his foot, gave it to the defender, and then spread his arms saying "if that didn't work, then what can I do?"
I remember this and I was pissed off. But he also tried some exciting things which didn't work but if they did it just might have been wonderful.

Point is everyone is entitled to their opinion but then again to come out & clearly object to a situation which most people agree upon will generate a debate which will never end.

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus starts with a blow gaining advantage after just 30 seconds. Emerson puts through for Ibrahimovic who enters the area and with a right legged level shot beats De Santis (1-0). On 14’ it could be double but Trezeguet’s right legged volley from the edge of the box near misses goal. On 26’ Camoranesi serves Emerson, whose conclusion is cleared by Udinese’s defence. Juventus’ monologue is interrupted on 31’ when Di Natale crosses from the left wing, but Fava loses the chance. Capello’s squad pushes forward with several dangerous attacks opposed by defence, while on 35’ De Santis clears an alerting free kick by Del Piero from the left border of the area.

Second half starts with Blasi replacing an injured Cannavaro. Juventus pushes forward from the first minute in search of doubling, which comes closer with a header from Del Piero and later reached when Camoranesi stands clear of four opponents, exchange the ball with the captain and upon return strikes a massive left legged shot right below the goal’s corner (2-0). On 10’ it is Emerson’s turn with a header and four minutes later again the Italian-Argentinean in his great day, but this time the shot is deflected corner- bound. Spalletti’s team shows up with a couple of chances: on 14’ a conclusion from Di Michele high, on 24’ with Jankulovski, whose left legged shot gets cleared to corner by Buffon, in his first game’s saving. Meanwhile Capello makes his second switch: Pessotto on for Trezeguet. On 29’nice free kick from Del Piero, then replaced by Zalayeta, deflected to corner. Again some attacks by Juventus towards final, then the goal from Di Michele close to full time for the official 2-1.

JUVENTUS-UDINESE 2-1

GOALS: 1’fh Ibrahimovic, 4’sh Camoranesi, 47’sh Di Michele

JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Montero, Cannavaro (1’sh Blasi); Camoranesi, Emerson, Zambrotta; Del Piero (37’sh Zalayeta), Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet (22’sh Pessotto).
Manager: Capello.
Substitues: Chimenti, Ferrara, Pessotto, Birindelli, Appiah, Blasi, Zalayeta.

UDINESE: De Sanctis; Bertotto, Sensini (43’sh Belleri), Felipe; Zenoni, Pizarro, Muntari (24’sh Pinzi), Jankulovski; Mauri (1’sh Di Michele), Fava, Di Natale.
Manager: Spalletti.
Substitues: Handanovic, Kroldrup, Pinzi, Di Michele, Pazienza, Pierini, Belleri.

REFEREE: Rodomonti

YELLOW CARDS: 22’fh Cannavaro, 8’sh Muntari

SPECTATORS: 20.632

PROCEEDS: 403.016

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)