[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (3 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Raul's place in the squad is being questioned by the fans, but he doesn't take as much stick as Del Piero does. It was nice to hear the fans at the Delle Alpi chant Ale's name over the last few weeks though :touched:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Raul's place in the squad is being questioned by the fans, but he doesn't take as much stick as Del Piero does. It was nice to hear the fans at the Delle Alpi chant Ale's name over the last few weeks though :touched:
Our Captain is Loved :touched:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
It is way too boring to read the same crap match after match with the same theme all the time, those who think they know what they are talking about by continually blaming Dp from everything from preventung the likes of Dv, Micolli and countless others becoming a force at Juve to being the reason why we wear black and white and tghen those who are totally blind to his faults and praise him regardless, both camps are way too boring.

Enough already, and too many holier than thous as well, imagine someone saying his counterpart knows nothing about football because he or she thinks Beckham is a good footballer.

Then there is the Zlatan bandwagon, he can do no wrong in some ppl's eyes, YAWN.

I have never come across fans like the ones we have on here, i dont remember too many man un fans criticising Keane even if he has not been the force he was once , and now he is back to his best, Sheva was average for 2 seasons and a half but Milan fans i am sure were not continously on his back. Raul is having a very bad time of late but you dont see too many ppl calling for Owen , even if Owen has a better strike ratio than any striker in world football at the moment but on here , its the same crap from the samed ppl
I find it ridiculous that i have to explain dp's achievements to a Juventus supporter as all they wanna talk about are his failures, his being a choker and all that nonsense. How many penalties has he scored but there are some who are still talking about missing a penalty against Depor, in the name of choking, while in Cl final he converted his penalty, but somehow he is not meant to be human by missing a penalty , he is a choker

To Zlatan, judging by some of the trash you read here, someone from mars would think he is comfortably the best player in the world.

The arguments go thus, its his first season so to have settled so well and scored so much 10 is an achievemnet. Well for that read kaka, mancini at Roma , and countless others who have done so much more in their debut seasons

Anyone who know what they are talking about would tell you that your second season is always harder than your first as this time they would be more prepared for you.

It seems everytime you criticise a juve player for playing crap, the nest thing i read is that because Dp has been given so many chances why not this particular player, FFS change the fooking record its scratched and therefore it now repeats itself
I agree. Though if you're referring to the arguments I had with Andy and Gray on several occasions, I think there's a difference:
IMO we've now come to a sort of conclusion and I don't think either side in our discussion is blind for the shortcomings of the players they are defending. We do still discuss, but it's not like we think of our player as godlike and of the others as morons. Andy might disagree with me though, he always does :D.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
You didn't know that coaches do that? A lot of managers replace players who have done well just before full time so that the crowd can thank them for their efforts. It happens quite often actually. Do you think players are subbed in the 88th minute for tactical purposes?
I have never known this Stu. I guess it's time to look at those late subs differently :) - Always thought it was tactical, waste a little time.
Seven - Sorry for giving you beef on the above.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

I have never known this Stu. I guess it's time to look at those late subs differently :) - Always thought it was tactical, waste a little time.
no problem.

Aug 1, 2003
Sehn I didn't refute he got a standing ovation and I didn't refute he played well (This was his best performance this year). I just laughed at the mere thought that a player could be subbed just before the end of the game so as the fans would give him a standing ovation.
Someone actually thought he was subbed so that he could get a standing ovation? :undecide:

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Your point is taken, but apart from that, it's interesting that you should say this part:

because a survey conducted on Real fans recently revealed that 55% of them question Raul's place in the starting lineup due to his bad form.
I think it's reasonable for fans wanting even their most beloved players to be benched if the player is not in a good form for the benefit of the club (like how putting Del Piero in previous games always slowed down Juve's pace), but I just think it's extremely ludicrous for people to always remember him at his worst and never give him any credit for what he does.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++

Someone actually thought he was subbed so that he could get a standing ovation? :undecide:
Oh please. Just how dumb are you? If a coach substitutes an attacker five minutes before the whistle with another attacker when he's 2-0 up, it's probably so that he could get a standing ovation. Mind you, they even got a goal against after that substitution, so if it was for tactical reasons, Capello apparently isn't that smart after all.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

It depends on the situation. Sometimes it is to kill a little bit of time and give your players a breather, but when a player has done well and is perhaps showing a little bit of fatigue (like Del Piero was) the coach may (or very well may not) replace him so that the fans can show their appreciation.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++

I think it's reasonable for fans wanting even their most beloved players to be benched if the player is not in a good form for the benefit of the club (like how putting Del Piero in previous games always slowed down Juve's pace), but I just think it's extremely ludicrous for people to always remember him at his worst and never give him any credit for what he does.
Agreed. Some people try their best to remember Del Piero's struggles and his successes seem to count for very little in their eyes.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I don't see how they manage to ignore all of Del Piero's achievements over the past few years either.If people didn't know better they'd think the only goals he's scored in the last five years were from penalties. And the same people are always saying things like "don't fix it if it ain't broke",if playing an integral part in winning 3 scudettos and reaching a CL final in the last five years of his post-injury career means he's "broken",then perhaps we need to buy Adriano or Shevchenko to "fix it".

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
DP suffers so much because of his past. He was so good in his prime that even when he's in form nowadays people ignore his contributions because they aren't as significant as they were in 98. He had a good run of solid performances earlier in the season starting with the brace against Siena, but in most people's view, despite being tied with Zlatan in terms of goals netted, he is having a horrible season. Some people even try to ignore the excellent campaign he had in 02-03 saying that he hasn't played well since his injury. The intelligence shown in these comments, or lack thereof I should say, is quite amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)