[Serie A] Juventus - Udinese (6 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Oh really? Yet I was in the stadium when Capello took DP off 5 minutes before the whistle and Del Piero did get a standing ovation, Ali. I was there, I saw Del Piero get a standing ovation. I know DP isn't very liked on this forum, nor is Beckham, but just because a player is popular doesn't mean he's worthless.

Seven, Dp is Liked on this Forum...The people that dislike him, you can count them, while us you can't:)....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

That would be correct.
Come on Andy, even you know that Zlatan did not replace Del Piero. They're two totally different players. Del Piero has to leave Juventus, no doubt about that, but Zlatan isn't his replacement. Btw, this is the last time I'm going to say Del Piero has to leave Juventus, I would like it if you could finally understand and remember it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++

You did not understand my point. First things first :
- I did not refute you were in the stadium
- I did not refute DP got a standing ovation
I just found it hilarious when you mentioned that Capello subbed DP early so that he could get a standing ovation.
Seven you seem to loathe Zlatan, why? Is it because he replaced DP?

I remember this and I was pissed off. But he also tried some exciting things which didn't work but if they did it just might have been wonderful.

Point is everyone is entitled to their opinion but then again to come out & clearly object to a situation which most people agree upon will generate a debate which will never end.
So I'm ought to believe that Capello substituted Del Piero for tactical reasons five minutes before the end of the game? And if he did so, he seems pretty stupid,doesn't he? He even got a goal against. Of course Del Piero wouldn't have stopped Udinese from scoring that goal, but surely he wasn't replaced for tactical reasons.

Things that would have been wonderful IF they had worked are useless in the end. So I am right in saying that Zlatan sucked on sunday, because none of the things he tried worked. If they had worked he would probably have been the best player on the pitch, but they didn't.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Perhaps, but I have said a million times on this forum already that I don't think Zlatan was a bad buy and they keep putting words in my mouth. It would be nice if they actually read what I say.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Come on Andy, even you know that Zlatan did not replace Del Piero. They're two totally different players. Del Piero has to leave Juventus, no doubt about that, but Zlatan isn't his replacement. Btw, this is the last time I'm going to say Del Piero has to leave Juventus, I would like it if you could finally understand and remember it.
Frankly I do not want to see him leave. I want Alex to regain some good enough form so that Capello has no choice but to field him. We will need his services again this season, no question. He is still important to the team in some way, and maybe Capello has just been protecting him from injury earlier in the season so that he would be fresh for the critical part of this campaign, coming up here next week.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Perhaps. From what I saw on sunday in the stadium our main problem this season seems to be that there is a lot of misunderstanding between our forwards. Perhaps Del Piero-Zlatan simply doesn't work. In which case Del Piero will be likely to leave the club. Because honestly, it's not fair to Del Piero to only use him as a back-up. But it's not fair to destroy Zlatan's career either.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
If Capello goes back to two upfront which I'm sure he will, DP and Zlatan should start. DP has a hell of a lot more to offer than Trezeguet imo and though David is a better finisher if Capello thinks we're going to win the Champions' League with him upfront and no real creative force in midfield he's wrong.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
If Capello goes back to two upfront which I'm sure he will, DP and Zlatan should start. DP has a hell of a lot more to offer than Trezeguet imo and though David is a better finisher if Capello thinks we're going to win the Champions' League with him upfront and no real creative force in midfield he's wrong.
I feel that Capello is gonna get screwed....Hope am wrong!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
It seems Capello has a lot of faith in Trezzy (and not necessarily in DP), he pressured Moggi into giving him that big contract he wanted and that's the reason we still have Trez.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
So I'm ought to believe that Capello substituted Del Piero for tactical reasons five minutes before the end of the game?
DP was substituted because he was tired.

And if he did so, he seems pretty stupid,doesn't he? He even got a goal against. Of course Del Piero wouldn't have stopped Udinese from scoring that goal, but surely he wasn't replaced for tactical reasons.
Coaches do make mistakes also.

Things that would have been wonderful IF they had worked are useless in the end. So I am right in saying that Zlatan sucked on sunday, because none of the things he tried worked. If they had worked he would probably have been the best player on the pitch, but they didn't.
This is Zlatan's first season in Serie A. To attain what he's done already is an achievement. We know how long we have waited for some of our signings to blend in. Some stuff he tried worked & others didn't and that's what makes him an exciting player.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Perhaps, but I have said a million times on this forum already that I don't think Zlatan was a bad buy and they keep putting words in my mouth. It would be nice if they actually read what I say.
I know you didnt say this but I find it hard that you refute his performance on sunday even if you were in the stadium.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
You know Seven it's hard to convince the Dp bashers with these things, there mind is just Locked, you can't open it!!!
You might want to find out what we are discussing before you jump in with such an assumption.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Perhaps. From what I saw on sunday in the stadium our main problem this season seems to be that there is a lot of misunderstanding between our forwards. Perhaps Del Piero-Zlatan simply doesn't work. In which case Del Piero will be likely to leave the club. Because honestly, it's not fair to Del Piero to only use him as a back-up. But it's not fair to destroy Zlatan's career either.
Contrary to this I think DP - Zlatan would be our best bet & it's good to see DP working hard to regain his position. I think the misunderstanding is caused by the midfield not quite suplplying the right balls. What do you expect DP to do when all play is concentrated to the flanks? If we could try and penetrate through the centre then his contributions would be more telling ie Camo combination for second goal. My suggestion would be to return the old magic of DP combining with Zambrotta and pushing Zlatan forward.

Buffon
Zebina --- Thuram --- Canna --- Birindelli

Camo --- Emerson --- Blasi ---- Zambrotta

-----------------------------DP
----------------------Zlatan

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
It seems Capello has a lot of faith in Trezzy (and not necessarily in DP), he pressured Moggi into giving him that big contract he wanted and that's the reason we still have Trez.
I think Neddy brings out the best from Trez coz he creates many situations where just a tap in is required & we know who is the king of tap-ins. So if we could cultivate 'two' formations to take advantage of this then we might just rediscover our form for the final push of the season.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

are you sure? I think I heard somewhere that he came to Malmö when he was a kid....anyway, his Swedish accent is bad (no offence to any Skånsk, but it is really bad)
Ya i know, perhaps he had Bosnian friends and spoke BOSNISH!(!!) with his parents! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)